Returning Player ....depressing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mooxe

mooxe
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:31 AM

Thank you Revora team for keeping the in game match making service going. I have been online all day and seen a small but steady stream of players.

The how-to video was good enough for me to get this working. I do feel that its difficult enough to keep the majority from making the switch, and there's not much you can do to make it easier. This is the straw that breaks the camels back.

#2 Carl-Guardain

Carl-Guardain
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

Bouncing from one website to other and do this and that, etc. the gamers don't have the patience for all that  rig·ma·role, a lengthy and complicated procedure, is not going to help. 

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Thanks mooxe - it is as simple as it can be at the moment. Usually it takes about 3-5 minutes to get it running. 

It is indeed a complex process to make this work and we are doing our best to make it as simple as possible. We have no access to gamespy or EA resources and therefore it has to be made this way.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 MBR.TO

MBR.TO
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

create an account, install the launcher and play.

i started playing before i even confirmed my mail address.

i cant imagine how this could get any easier

mbr_small.jpg

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Yep, it's a matter of reading comprehension. ;)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 Sheriff_AA

Sheriff_AA
  • Project Team
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:28 PM

Also, once you manage to get on the first time, it get's easier. It may seem complicated now, but over time it will feel simpler once you've used it a bunch of times ;)

Edited by Sheriff_AA, 17 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users