#1 Da_Noobinator

Da_Noobinator
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

I HAVE READ THE COMMON ISSUES THREAD

I HAVE READ THE HOW-TO THREAD

Hi,

I'm using the normal version of Red Alert 3, updated to the latest patch, on Windows 7. When I open C&C:Online and click Red Alert 3, I encounter an error message reading "Red Alert 3 installation not found." I am not using Origin. I was wondering how to direct C&C:Online to my Red Alert 3 directory? I suspect the issue may be that it is looking in the default location, the C drive, whilst my hard drive is split into two partitions and all my games are installed on the D drive. There is not enough room to install all my C&C games on the C drive, so doing so is not a solution. 

I also noticed that there wasn't an immediately obvious way to customise the installation directory of C&C:Online. It installed, by default, in the C drive. Perhaps if I could install it in the D drive (same drive as RA3), it would look there by default and find the game? This is pure speculation, of course.

Here are the contents of the error log file:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
ERROR: Red Alert 3 installation not found.

Thanks,

Da_Noobinator

#2 Da_Noobinator

Da_Noobinator
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Still had no luck with this, when I hook RA3 to C&C: Online I get exactly the same issue.

#3 m8s_Goldy

m8s_Goldy
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

I have added some more SSD/HDD space myself and moved my games to my D drive. Hence, I am now having this same issue.  The C&C Online just looks in the C drive and there is no option for it to look for games in the D drive. Also, moving the C&C Online to the D drive does not mean it will look there, it still looks at the C drive. So, is there any help for this?

Thanks.

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

- When I launch Generals/Zero Hour from the launcher, I get the following error: 'Generals/Zero Hour Installation Not Found'.

Solution: This is a registry issue related to a weird configuration in certain game editions. Here's what to do:

1. Run regedit

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Generals

3. There should be a value named InstallPath. Make sure the value is set to the Install directory and NOT to the Generals base game sub-directory. For example, my install directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour, but the InstallPath value was set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals. 

4. Once you have the InstallPath set properly, reinstall the fixed launchers.

Have a look at your RA3 registry entries, like it is shown above for generals. The InstallPath value seems to be missing/not correct.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#5 m8s_Goldy

m8s_Goldy
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

- When I launch Generals/Zero Hour from the launcher, I get the following error: 'Generals/Zero Hour Installation Not Found'.

Solution: This is a registry issue related to a weird configuration in certain game editions. Here's what to do:

1. Run regedit

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Generals

3. There should be a value named InstallPath. Make sure the value is set to the Install directory and NOT to the Generals base game sub-directory. For example, my install directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour, but the InstallPath value was set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals. 

4. Once you have the InstallPath set properly, reinstall the fixed launchers.

Have a look at your RA3 registry entries, like it is shown above for generals. The InstallPath value seems to be missing/not correct.

When I go to that registry:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\   

the only choices I have are:  "EA Core" or "EADM".  No "EA Games\" exist and if I create it, it doens't change anything

#6 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

I don't know the usual RA3 entries but you should check them.

Or, get a clean installation of RA3 where the keys are set correctly.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#7 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

For RA3 the key should be at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3. If you don't have that key, it might be best to just reinstall to the new drive as you will be missing other keys as well.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#8 m8s_Goldy

m8s_Goldy
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

For RA3 the key should be at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Red Alert 3. If you don't have that key, it might be best to just reinstall to the new drive as you will be missing other keys as well.

Yea, that wasn't there for some reason and manually adding the keys doesn't help. So, I just reinstalled the game and all is well now.

Thanks for everything guys!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users