• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 ilikedirt

ilikedirt
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  •  Village Idiot

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Generals Online went from having up to several dozen players online at one time, to never having any more than 3 people on at once. I'd assume there aren't many people at all playing the other CNC online games either...

I feel like the vast majority of players, which included myself as well, weren't aware of the change in hosting services because they aren't signed up to any online forum where they would have access to such information. Looking at the commandandconquer.com forums, I see that over the past several days, only 3 or 4 people have inquired about not being able to play their CNC game online. I think most of them are simply waiting for the servers to come back online without researching the issue, or have given up playing the game altogether by now. I fear that Generals Online may have finally given up the ghost  :ninja:

How have ra3 and ZH been faring so far? Anyone know??

Jay

T̽͐͑ͪ̓̉ͩ̄͋ͫ͂̈́̊ͦ͆̓͏̼̭̗͔̫̺̹̥̬̳̱͈̯͈̀o̊̓̾ͮͭ̿͐́̓͋͌̄̓҉̴̧̞̼̠͔̣̗͠ ̶͉̯̯͉̯̘̣͎̩̳̱̪͈͔̝͑ͥͮ̈̾̌͋͋̇̾̑̉̚ͅi̵̮͈̟̪̇̽̐͒̌̒͜n̡̛̘͔̺̹̥̞͖͙̹͉͈͓̭͎͖̗͓͙̯̉̀ͬ̀̉ͣ̐͐̅ͨ̅̀v̶̨̦̬̜͇͚̠̠̗̯̱̲͚̗̖̮̣̳̬̺ͣ͊ͭ͑͟o̶̭̘͉̫̗ͣ͑̓̀ͫ̋͆͗ͫ̏́k͔̻͖̗͔̭̯̯̟̞̼͕̘̺͖̏͛̒̄́͌̿͛̀͌̅̅̀͘ͅͅͅë̵͕̲̥̯̙̮̤̮̼̟͙̰̣̖̭̜̭̳́̓̓͊ͥ̀́͘͢ͅ ̸̧̡̼̠͈̰̱͉̠͇̪̲̮̞̣̤͈ͭ͊̓̽̒̀̾͑ͭ̋͒̀͠t̟͉͕̭̤̹̥́ͥͬ͆̈́ͨ͒̾̿ͥ̑̔ͤ̎́́͠ḥ̷̡̙̰͚̯̯̲̰͍̙͙͚̱̥̝̙̍̉͛̈́ͧ͝e̔͂̏͊ͧ̊̋ͬ̏̓̃͐́͌͐͋͊̿̚͏̵͎̣̩̜̰̳͔̳̀̕͠ ̭̪̠̘̣͔̜̭̝͙̏̄̎̂ͤ̃̊ͫ̃ͫͪ̀̕̕h̢̡̹̲̲̘̲̩̠͉͌̒͊͆͌̏ͫ̐̿͐̇̋ͮ͟͠i̧̗̹̻͔̩̟͕̹͍̳̰̝̩̠ͫ̓̆ͩͨ̃̒̿ͪ̎̏̋̈͒͑͘͜͠v̸̡̬̖̠̤̠͎̤̤͔̭̺̱̪̙̹̥̆̔̂̽̄̎ͫ́̚ę̻͔͔͈͉̘̫͇̫̝̖ͬ͌̈͂͗̎ͭ̐̾̿̓̋ͪ͋̀́̚̚-̵̡̞͎̦̦̪̖̠͚̭̬̪͙̒̎̀̽͐̔̈́̽̌̎ͦ̀ͅm̨̨ͪ́̓̈́͐̓̆̊ͦ̾̄ͧ͌̍͑̇ͩ̚͞͏͇̲͈͎̗̰̼̪̮̙̮̣̯͚̯̤̲̖ͅî͊ͨ̇̍̆̉̍̉ͤ̓ͩ̿̊̒̏̃̅͏̶͔̗̬͝n̸̡̦̯͓̲̰͔͈̳̟͖̜̥̫͊̒ͭ͊͂̽̓ͯ̏ͮ͡͝ḑ̵͒ͨͫͧ͒͗ͮ̔͏̮̦̝̯̮͖̗̟͇̥̫̼ ̢͓̠̼͖͇͇͗ͮ͗̓̍̽͞r̴̴̛ͥ͆̓̿ͮ̑̄͊͂̌ͦ̚͏̡͕͔̝̰̝̱̪̝͈̩̞ͅę̡̣̩̰̪̳̻ͦ̓ͩͨͬ͂ͥͦ̆́̏͂̆ͩ̚͞p̠̣̘̩̜͙̦̞͓̭̼͉̟̗͎̥̅̉̎̉̌͟r̨̛̳̞͕̦̜͖ͨͩ̑͐ͨ̅ͬͯ̓̈ͮ̉̀ͨ̓̿ͤͫ́́e̵̢̹͍̳̹̣̲̥͙͑̀̃̑̓ͩ̅̏ͥ̃̽ͫ̾̑͡ͅͅs̢͎̠̯̟̲͎͓͇̪̋̑̔ͯ̒ͪ̐ͪ̕e͂̋̑͊͋ͯͦ̄́̄̽ͦ͌ͬ҉͖̲̯̠̬̣̲̭̜̫̫͙̝̩̫͓̹̘́ͅn̡̢̛̬̼͕̱͕̖͓̱͔͇͙̥̬̻̩̬̤̝ͣ͐̓ͬͯ̑̈ͨ̂ͮ̿̅͐̉ͭ̚t̴̴͐ͭ̊̍̐ͬ̓̏͗̿͏͔̳͔̪̦̱̮̪̮̳̲ȉ̧̗̤͕̳͇͕̻͎̟̻̮͎͚̪͕͙̦̫̟͋̽͒́ͩ̚̕n̸̨̬̗̱̭̘̞͉͙̞̘̟̱̻͔͇̼͙̠ͩͫ̐ͩ̋͋ͧ͊̉̓̓̑͛ͪ̇͐͂͠g͌̋̑͑̍͊̆͂ͣͣ̌͂̔ͭ̄ͤͨ̚҉̨̠͉͚̲̤̖͍̟̀͠ ̒̐̆̈́ͪ͒͑̈́͘҉̤̺̣͔̜̬̤̺̼̝̘̗̀͞ͅc̡̨͖͚͓͙̘͓͔͔̗̩̤͚͚͇͗̈̆̾͋̍͒̈͂͋̋ͥ̀̄̔ͣ͒̚͠͡h̶̨̥̻̪̮͍͍̞͕̭̫̺͎̜̐̄̽͒̇̈́ͣ͋̽̀̀͟a̭̫̮̫̯̝̔͋ͮ̚͘͝͝ō̧̬̤͎̯̣͈̓̔̎͋͜͞ͅs̶͖͕̖̰͕̝̣͔̠̮͇̳͇͉̭̟̲̭̍̆̄ͥ̓̊ͯ̂ͥͯ͒̋ͪ͗͐͐ͬ̉̏́͟͡.̶̛ͣ͒̾ͭ҉̧̮͕͎̝̟͓̲̲̠͍̩
ͪ͋̑̾̓͐̽̿̒҉̴̷̸̸̗͓̣̺̦̺̼̟̠̩ͅI̸̴ͮ̐ͣ̿͐̆̈̔ͤ͊ͧ̓ͫͮͪ̈̌͗̑͡͏͏͎̫͔͍̠̼̠͇̞͍͈̦̲̙̭̰̦ṉ̷̜͚̞̖̟̪̣̙̰͇̗̻͕̠̅͆͒͑ͪ̓͆ͥͭͮ̈́ͤ͒̾̓͗̎̀ͥv̷̥͇̗̣̜̒̌ͮ̏̔̏͆͊̿̆ͦ͆ͣ͛͊ͯͫ͡o̸̸̭̮̜̩̮͉͕͋͊̚̚k̵̸͖̗̟̺͉̰̙̩͔̤̟͇̞̼͙̠̞̻̈́͒̆͛̂ͪ͒̇̄̐͊̑́͠ỉ̷̛̍ͯͭͩͬ̽ͮ͂ͩ͑͊̽͏͖͖̭̗͍̤̺̗͖̳̫͕̕ͅn̷̘̤̬̲̮̬̦̘͇̙͚͉̟̙͆ͩ̈́ͥ̒̊̅̈́̂̎̆̔̍͆ͨͭ́̚͢͝ģ̴̵̩̞̺͈̯̝̞̗̺̟̗̻̘͚̼̗̠ͩ̍̎ͪ͆̿̀̈͌ͫ̂͟ ̨̧̨͚̖̙̬̰̼̠͎̞̼̻̣̻͚̺̝̜̌͒ͣ̍̍ͯ͌̿͗̑̊̏̊ͩ͝t͛ͧͦ̽̑ͩͮ́̂͗̊̓ͫ̕͡͏̧͙̺̤̹̬̭̭̰̻̝̗͇͓͕̣͇̰͘ḣ̶͖̭̺̥̳̦͉͓̱̏ͨ͂͟ȩ̶͙͍̱̳̄̄ͧͥͯ̑̔͗̆ͦ́́ͭ̂̋͗ͣ̚͢ ̡̬̖̣̣̘͇̖̀͐̂ͣ̏ͣͤ́͟f̶̨̫͙̺͚͉̥͈͉̞͙̥͇̪͋̎̈́̇ͯ̇ͪ̐̓̃ͪ̈́̃ͮḛ̡͇̰̼̟͔̗̺̖̯̲͚̠̰͚̂̊͑͗͒̈́̓ͬ͐̈́ͦ̄͊̚͜͞ę̣̫̫̬͇̹̮̗̝͂͊̏͐ͧ̕͢͡l̵̨͚̰̰̼̟͖̟͈̺̲̙̻͙̹̼̜̈́ͧ̋ͪ̓ͮi̢̼̭͈͍̥̩̩ͥ̿ͤ̀̃ͣ͊̉̅͡ͅn̵̛̬͔̖̟̱̫̪̖̻͙̜͒ͭ͗̈́̐ͫ̀ͦ͂́̒̌ǵ̷̖̲̺̜̘̰̤̗̖̗̙̤̪͉̰̬̠̱̎̾̒͋͛̈́ͨ̚̕͠ ̨̫͇̯̬̻̥̺͎̗̩ͦ̔̽ͦ̒̒̔͑̎̀ͧ̅́́͘͟ŏ̊̇͌͆̄̈́̓ͤͪ̋̍̚҉̯͈͙͎̱̼̜̣̥f̵̡̙̘͈͎̺͚̮̗̘̤͍͔̖͊ͪͯ̿ͥͧ̋̆͆ͭ̀́̓ͫ̽̚̚͡͠ͅ ̵͖̥͎̯͕̘̤̥͍͎̖̭̻̻̱̪̎̀̈́ͫ͂̈̌̃͝͞͝͠ç̨̣͉̟̟̝͖͍̠̬̳̲̂́̊̔ͤ̆ͩ̌͡ͅh̵̩̱̺͈̮͉͖̙̝͈̺͚͕͑ͬ̏̍ͪ̓ͭ́̚̚͢a̷̢͎̦̣̼̠̞͈̿͊ͮ̓ͮ̔̑͂ͦ̂͗̇͆̒̽ͩ͂͟ơ̷̱͙͉͈̼̞̭̹̟͙̱̱̰̣̥͉̐ͩ̒̃̾̋͂ͭͮ͆͌͐́̚͘͞ͅs̩̭̖̦̣̭̙̓ͩ̓͂ͦ̆͐̏͑̆̓͘ͅ.̷͕̝̤͚̠͖̳͑ͣ̓̏͌ͧ͡
̨̣̫̜͙̺̪̼͍͓̮̜̼̻̗͚̥ͤ͐̐̒͊͛̌ͧ͑̃ͮ̽̚͟͟ͅW̷͈̻͓̹̩̜̠̯̍̂̉͗̓̓̂̑ͧ͌̔̄̒̓̇̀i̷̟̦̱̩̬̙̖̪̟̦̲̱͎̥̓ͨ̆̔̏̋͆ͤ͗͌̆ͥ̔͌̂ͧͧ͘͘͠t̷̑ͦ̌̉͂͛̔̿ͩ͢͡͏̶͔̼̗͙̙͇̳͚̺͎͕̞̯̠̙͕ͅhͧ̍̎́͏̯̪͍̗̳̼̬͘͠͝ ̧̺̺͔̺͖͉̩̞͉͎̣̔ͬ͋ͥͫ̂̿̑ͬ̑̕͞͞o̷̶̦̫͎͕͔͍͔̮̗̜̱̹̩͌ͪ̾̓̏̌̃ͩͣ͗̌̊͘͞u̷̢͈̘͖͙̹̳͉͚͒̔͐̀͗ͬ̂͜͟t̷̲̠̤̳͍̗̯̟͙̪̮̟̻͉̪̑̄̽̊͐̂̅̐͗͘ ͙͔͓̙̳͚͍͇͗̊̄ͣ̿̿͛̏ͦͭ̓͐ͣ̍ͨ͌͝͝ò̷̶̴̤͖̗̬͖͇͙̲̠̘͎̊͑͌̍ͭ̇ͯ̊̒͂͛ͯ̐ͧͧ́͘ŗ̸̠̪̻͈̻̤̱̲̦̺͕͎̠̤̖̭ͭ͑͑̉ͯ͗̍̑̂͗́̂͌͜ͅd̃ͪ͆͆͌̀͌ͬͤ̋ͮͯ̅̋͏̣͇̱̭̩̲̙̞̺̙̗̬̙̱ͅę̵̴̵̜̘̰̟̦͈̪̰̘͊̉̀ͣ̀̍͐̿ͪ̍̚ͅͅr̡͙̦̟̞̥̗̱̼̗̖̫͊̈̄ͭ͆̓̔̈́̃͂̂͗̌̆̀̀͟͟.̷̍̂ͥ҉̛̰͕̭̼̱̙͇̀̕ͅ
̓ͬ͂ͤ̀͊̄̋̈ͧͣ͊̊͝͏͇͎̞͚͇͔̺̲̼͡͝T̸̈̇ͮ̔̂̋͆̀̓ͭͦ̉ͪ̔̔͐̈́̍ͩ҉̩̼̺̰̬̝̗̞͎̦̦͇̪̼ͅĥͭ͒̑ͬ҉̺̳̖̤̤̩̜̦̣̤̼̩̮͈̠̦͘͞e̷̲͔͎̳̤̼̹̠͚̫͌ͧͮ̔̈́̈́̅͆̓ͧͤͮ͐́̌ͥ̕͝ ͭ͂ͯͯ̓̌̿ͧ̀ͣͥ͌̓͆ͧ̚͏̦̠͙̟̮̮͚͇̗̯̮N̸̢̮̰͎̞̺͎͇̦͖̉͆͊̽ͬ͆̌ͤ̀͟͟e̿͐̋ͩ́͏҉̩͎̟̺̗͙͕͈̗̟͎̭͎̲́͞ͅz̵̴̫͚̼̦͔͔̣͉̙͈͉͖̮̻̳͚̒ͦͦ̃̈̾̚̕p̻̬̣̟͇̾̌̽̈ͩ̀͋͂̐̏ͩ͐͛ͧ̽͋͌̓́͞ẻ̶̳̣͙̠̲̲̺̻̩͇̘̬͍̈̀͆ͮ͜͟r̢̨̥̹̪̰̭͕̹̍̊́̐̌͘̕͞d̷̞̪͍͖̠͎̱͈͖̦ͧͨ̈ͫ̅̃̓̍̆͊̆̄͊͘͝i̴͖̖̠͇̦̩̩̠͇͇̝͉̗̜͓̱̯͋̉̄͑ͤ̆ͫͫ̐́͞a̢̲̭̤͚̹͚̻̭ͨͨ̓ͨ̃̈ͩͬͧ̌̀̄̋̓̽̐́̚̕͠ṅ̷̛͇̖͇̰̝̦̹̞̓̈̅̓̃̿̂͂ͧ̆̍ͫ̆ͥ͗ͦ̂̕͡͞ͅ ̴̩͕̟̹̰̫̯̥̜͇͓̐̄̉͊ͫ̓͛̍̇̂̕ͅh̛̅̑ͧ̿ͧͬ̉̈́ͬͦ̍҉͉͍̱̰̭̠̫̭̝̹̳ͅi̸̛̝͓͉̤̯̩͖̺̝̬̠̱̊͊̇͐͂͋͌̆͡͠͞v̛͇͙͙̫͙̥̣͉͕͈̥͈̞̗́́ͩͪ̏ͭ̂ͤ̅̀̌͐̈́̔͊e̡̦͇̪̮̤̥̣̙͚͙̦̱̖̞̟ͣ́̓ͫ̇ͣͬ͛̋̄̄̃̑ͭ̀̽̐ͮ͟ͅ-̡̥̖̥̺̥̩̜̒́ͬͩ̄́ͭ̃̈̊̀̆ͦ̂̏̓́̾͢m̴̡̖̤͓̬̗͙͙͈̺̜̰̭͚̖̠̿̍͆ͯ̀̑̓̇̂̕͢͞i̴͎̠̹͕̪̱ͪ̎͋ͯͦ͐̾̽͑̐́ͯ̽͋͑͜͝n̴̵̷̰̭̺͇̟̹͖̹̥̗̜̗͗͆́́ͩ̈́͒ͨ͆̀ḑ̧̢͚̰͚̺͚̭͔̝̰̜̲̻̜͖̤͕̘̬ͬ̽ͨ̇ͫ͐ͫ̃͜͜ ̨̡̙͙̲̥̳̜͚̬̣̳̗͖̻͌ͭ̒̈ͫͥ̓͜͞͞ͅo̳̮̤͓͎͎̮̥̮̻̰̼̫̣̜ͮ͋ͯ̿́ͅf͉̼̘̪̘̝̘̭̱̥̠̟̔̔́̌̄̎̀͒̔ͩͪ̄ͧ̏ͭ͆̍͒̔̕͡ ̣̖͖̭͎̰̤̺̲͔̭̮͖̣̮͑͗͗͐ͫ͒ͯͩ́͆ͨ̌̓̊͐͂́͞c̵͇̭̘̜͙̼̝̟͕̜̪͙̠͓̹̟̪ͨ͌̎͑ͫ͌̊ͫͥͭ̐̔̿̏͋͟ͅḧ̵͈̙͈̮͓̰̺̞̫̹̝͉̮̹͍͖͍̎ͩ̈́͘â̴̡̳͚̓͑̒ͩ͜ͅͅǒ̊ͩͨͨ̇̾͊̿͆͑̐ͤͦͦ҉͎̘̺̮̜̙̱͈͈̱̩s̡̹̫̙͇͈̗͇͈̰̭̯̟ͮ́ͥ̂̈͆̀̇̐̆̒͋̐͋͐ͩ̎̂̂̀.́ͬͤ̌̓̍́͊͂̓̉͛̔̍͆̎͊̀͞҉̸̢̩͙̘͇̯̙͙ ̷̢͓̫͇̭̘͎̮̠̲̗̙̠͉͈̬̋͂ͮ͗̑́̓̑͆ͥͬͤ͐ͫ͋̐͝Z̢̹̝͙̹̣͔̹ͧ͌̏̍̈͝ạ̴̴̷̰̦̤̣͖͕͓̌̓̌ͩͩͥ̒̈ͬ̊l̏̍ͨ̌̀̕͘҉͕̞̱̙̘̣̱g̴̛ͥ́͌̿ͩ̓̈͑̿ͣ̈̌ͨ̓̀̓͂͂҉̸͖͖̪̦ơ͆ͪ̀̐̈͑̽̋̆̆ͧ̿̈́̌ͯ͝҉̟͍̭̮̭͇͇̺̘̻͙.̶̴̨̣͇̤̼̭͇̙̠̯̪͙̪̘̩̗͓̬̮̈̿̊͐̓̇ͤͦ̊́̈̂͢ͅ
̳͖̦̪̣̜̫̰ͦͪͤͭ̑̓̑ͨ̒̅͡͞ͅH̢̢̳͕̣̜̦̺̬͑̎̋͆̏ͪ̄̀͠èͯ̈̓ͨ̉̈̂ͤ͑͌̾͑̅̾̏̋͏̬͉̙̬̖̜̙̟͈͈͕ͅ ͩͥ̅͗͆̊̂͏͏̙͉̻̮̥͍w̧̨̫̙̠͖͉̯̥̟͚̼͕̏͋ͨ̌̉͂́̀͡ͅh̨͊͗͑͛̿͆ͦ̊͋̏ͨ̇͢҉̶̭̣̰͕͓͓̥͕͇͢ǒ̉ͫ͘͏̧̩̝͈̹̭͇̳͍̞̞̹̀ ̨̛͔͈̗̝̜͍̞̗͓͇̳̬̘͍͉͗̓͂͐ͨ̉͑̆͆̿̌ͣ̾̉͒̉́̇W̛͓̩̳̮̯̪̣͓̮̑ͭͧ̂ͩ͑́ͧ̐̑͊̋͒̌̄ͫ̾ͮͣ͟͝͠ḁ̸̪̤͔̝̟̫̾͂̅̌į̸̟̳̳͇̦̗̫̳͓͔͈̤̩̠̰͔̽̈́̈̉ͦͭ̿̋̑ͣ̊̽͝t̵͔̩̥̜̪̙͉̪͎̱͐́̋͌͆̿ͬͧ̏̇ͧͫ̂̂ͪ̀͜͞ş̣̦̜̥̜̱ͥ͊̋ͥͭ͐̚͘̕͜ ̸̇̆̑̉̎̆ͬ̈́̅̀ͯ͆̀̀ͤͥ̔ͦ̀͏̣͙̮̮͍͉͕͓̻͍͔͕̮̰B̸̓ͨ̌̂̅ͪͨ͋͊̅͑ͧͮ̾̿̋͘͞҉̛͉̦͓̥̰̞͚̻̗̳̝̯̱͚̟ͅe̊ͪ̏͊̋҉̴͕̳̹̱̯̙͈̻̝̖̮̭͢ͅĥ̨̡̰̻̹͈͍͉̪̟̯̞̮͚̟̳̥̠̔̑̇́̾ͩ͑́ͤ͐͒̃͆̌̚͘i̴̖̖̙̫͉̐̍ͮ͗̃͌̓͌̉̃͂ͤͤ̓ͩ͆̑̕͠n̲͓͖͈̈́̒̈̓ͣ̌̑ͭ̏̿̒ͪͮ̆͠͞ͅd̵̨͓̭͚̯̲̬͕̪͎̜̹͕̠̠̋͌͌̅͂̉ͫ̿̔͋̚͘͝ ̴̨̦̫̫̲͇̻̮̥̝͔̠͙̞̙͍̗̹̉̍͌̊̓̽͋̑̆͐ͪ̍͒̚͢T̢̯̙̳̫̘͉͇̘̣̮̬͓̼̲̑ͦͬ̀̾͞͠h̴̠̰̣̣̿ͯͯ̂̾̏́ͅe̷̸̬͓͇̬͈̯͍̻͚̽̆̆̅̆̎̋͋͑ͫ̓͋̾͗͑̑̆͊͐̕ ̷͗ͩ̈́͗ͨ̉̃ͤ̌ͤͩ̆̇͛̅ͩͭ̕͠͏̦̟̭͔͙̜͙͍̗̲͎̦W͖̮̞͕̫͔̫̳̜͈̟͈̱̗̳̫̺̿̍ͣͦ̍̽͆̑͢͜a̴̷̮̲̼̻̠͉̼̥͓͑ͭ̀̎ͫ͆̓ͦ͗̑͑͌ͧ͐̂ͦ̓ͨ̂͢͡l̴̢̺̫͉͍̭̦̙̜͚̏́̉͛̉͆̒͗̎̅ͦͪ͋̿́͞l͒ͨ̌͌͑ͥ̿̍͊̈̿̏͐̇ͪ̚͝҉̢̟͉͈͈̜̗̞͉̞̩̗̹͇͞͠.̣̯͉̯͎͍͖̼̯͖͔͖̠̮̣ͣͧ͆ͫͨ̌̀̚̕͝ͅ
̷͇̮̮̪͓͓̼̟̟̬̬̗͉̙̥͓̮͈ͮͬͥ̿̾̒̔̊̆ͮ̈̎ͦ̏́̀̚ͅZ̛̑̈ͬ͂̾̆ͥ̄́̊̄ͪͭ͛̊҉̵͓̪͈͉̼̹͈̙͙͖̙̘̣͉̩̱̹͜A̶̅ͭͥͧ͢͏͏̖̘̩͉̥̖L̨̤͍͎̺͚͚͆́͆ͭ̆̍͊ͫ͛̓͒̎̑̈́ͫ̍́̐͗͡G̵̠̦͚̗͇̯̱͕ͥͭͪ̋̄̑̃̽̓̊ͯͪ͌̽͐̏̍͘͟͠O͗̉͋͆͐̽͑ͮ̍͢͏̲͕̥̭͚̙͜!̶̵̢̱͎̭̫̙̝̦̗̤͚̆ͦͤ͌̌ͮ̑̈̚̕

#2 jskillz

jskillz
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Well, currently Zero Hour has 10+ in the lobbies but the game is still not working for online play.  It's showing errors.  So there's lots of people wanting to play, but can't get on yet! 

Zero Hour still has 100's of players, so maybe move over.  Essentially the same game, but MUCH better.  There's still 100's on Game Ranger as that's currently the only way to play.  Hopefully most will move off that onto this version.

I heard about it from the GenTools plugin.  But I guess it will be difficult to find out otherwise.  A bit of research would lead to the answer, but then who's going to think to search for it as they'll presume it's just gone offline forever.

#3 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

Hopefully most will move off that onto this version.

As much as I want that to happen as well, don't count on it. I think once Revora has solved all the online issues, plus implement a stats system, then more people will migrate over to C&C Online. 

#4 Gregory

Gregory
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

I tried to switch to GameRanger a few months ago but couldn't and still can't get it to load.
Then this option became available, so here I am. At least this works, for me, even though there seems to be no one online.

#5 MBR.TO

MBR.TO
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

i guess the problem is, that this site (or http://cnc-online.net/) doesn´t show up in google´s 1st pages.

you have to use very specific keywords.

so, if you didnt know about the server shutdown or this service you probably won´t find it via quick research.

mbr_small.jpg

#6 Bigman

Bigman
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

I know loads of people that still want to play the game and are looking for a server, i'ne directed many here myself but most are still having issues online, myself included. they can't host or join as server storage error comes up with most, the router issue and port prob's that are said to do to solve issue don't always work or are to tech for some to wanna try, unless that is sorted i fear most will just give up the game which would be a tradgedy.

#7 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

People are still in the process of signing up though, in their hundreds and thousands.    I would estimate, looking at the rate at which the member IDs are rising, that there have been getting on for 1000 a day joining over the last few days.    I am not going to make any judgment about how many players are going to be playing until that has settled down.   As I understand it, some games are pretty busy already.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#8 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

The problems are mostly with Generals/ZH due to the horrible state in which EA decided to release their online functionality. We are doing the best we can on these.

The other 3 games are doing pretty well so far. Still a bunch of issues, but a lot more manageable.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

Shutting the service down won't solve those problems.

Working on solving them, which we are, will.

#10 welcomeaboard

welcomeaboard
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

Welcome your commitment to fixing ZH hope we can enjoy the game as before

#11 jax794

jax794
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

I found this by googling the problem and ended up here.  I love C&C ZH almost as much as the good old days of age of empires!  Shame no one does similar classics to these anymore!

#12 MBR.TO

MBR.TO
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

looks like the number of active players is increasing.

i was able to play a few 1v1 & 2v2 matches yesterday. and i didnt wait any longer than before the shutdown of the official servers.

i still have to restart the game after i hosted a match, but overall i´m very satisfied with this solution

mbr_small.jpg

#13 FrAmEkiLLeR

FrAmEkiLLeR
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

i guess the problem is, that this site (or http://cnc-online.net/) doesn´t show up in google´s 1st pages.
you have to use very specific keywords.

so, if you didnt know about the server shutdown or this service you probably won´t find it via quick research.

Yeah thats the big Problem, C&C Generals Lobby is rly empty, i saw just 4 Player last Week.

#14 gramacar

gramacar
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

May I make a suggestion to the developers of thiw platform? Why dont you include the shockwave mod for zh as it is pretty popular

in the zh commuity. Hope that eventually you will manage to get over the issues with ZH online. 

#15 MBR.TO

MBR.TO
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

May I make a suggestion to the developers of thiw platform? Why dont you include the shockwave mod for zh as it is pretty popular

in the zh commuity. Hope that eventually you will manage to get over the issues with ZH online. 

i can´t speak for the developers, but i suggest you read the faq first:

Q: Can I use mods when playing online with C&C:Online?
A: Absolutely. Remember that your opponent will also need to have the same version of the same mod installed.

secondly, this is hardly the right place to post a feature request.

besides, a mod is something that runs local on your machine while cnc-online is an emulation of the gamespy servers.

i might be wrong but your suggestion sounds a bit absurd to me.

mbr_small.jpg

#16 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, we're not going to include a mod in our launcher files. 

For Generals and ZH, just hook the games using the launcher and start with the mod's shortcut.

#17 insunuuje

insunuuje
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

So EA just switch off the servers? Because I do not understand. I wanted to play after the break and I can not look at the forum and ....... no comment;/
Is this the end of ZH? Do you already will not be able to play like before?

#18 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

GameSpy shut down the official servers, yes. C&C:Online is our project to replace them.

http://cnc-online.net/

#19 Sonic

Sonic
  • Project Team
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

Ultimately it would great to see some sort of promo up on http://www.commandandconquer.com/ for C&C: Online. I only have a couple on contacts with in EA that have anything to do with C&C officially. Basically we have no community manager to rely these types of community based projects.

All that can be done is promote, promote and promote some more across various C&C fan sites and forums. Unfortunately there are very few active C&C fan sites these days.

FP7bC.png

Sonic - Webmaster                                                Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube

#20 gecann

gecann
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:10 AM

there was over 10 players in c&c 3 tib wars last night getting better 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users