• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Snarf, quiff.  It's getting worse.

Time for me to sound like Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising.  But a world without war or famine where everyone is borderline equal and happy is a fertile world.  People would be comfortable enough to raise large families and consume large amounts of resources.  Just thinking about this is highly disturbing... the world population in 1900 was around 1.7 billion.  Only 100 years later, even after two world wars, massive conflicts, genocides, and other deathly events... we're at 8 billion.  So what happens in another 100 years?  If it's the same pattern and we'll have 64 billion people?  Is it even possible to support that many people?  Screw the prime directive... people dying of cancerous cannon fire and rickets is a massively good thing.  "But Pasidumb... one of these days, it'll be you dead in a hole because of war and biology!" I take walks at night and play with massively illegal fireworks... I really don't care.  I'll be immoral as I please... I demand a future-empire of war and degenerates, as long as it remains underpopulated and beneficial for me.  As long as I get to play with holograms and robot slaves, I really don't care how much danger I'm in.

And this little gizmo quaintly reflects modern technology:

https://www.facebook...397985097142100

#22 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

If we become more spacefaring, your overpopulation problem will vanish. That's why we need unity.

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#23 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

That's if we can manage to create self-sustaining "seed ships" or terraform planets to be inhabitable...

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#24 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Every time I warn people of an over-populated future, they re'quip with: "Spaceships, mother trucker."  That's the entire issue of this topic... technology isn't advancing like we predicted.  So in 100 years when we have 64 billion people, people will think we'll be on different planets with a bounty of new resources and treats.  That's a lot of ifs.  IF we make ships that are capable of transporting billions of people across space.  IF other planets will provide enough resources to make up for the loss to make them habitable.  20 years ago, we predicted space travel would be beyond what it was in the 90's.  Yet we haven't accomplished much of anything worth the news.  If anything, space travel is degrading.  NASA gets shutdown because it's a gosh darn nightmare to fund anything involving space, and other aeronautic programs are getting slithered as time goes on.  We'll barely be able to get back to the moon at this rate.

#25 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Every time I warn people of an over-populated future, they re'quip with: "Spaceships, mother trucker."  That's the entire issue of this topic... technology isn't advancing like we predicted.  (...)  NASA gets shutdown because it's a gosh darn nightmare to fund anything involving space, and other aeronautic programs are getting slithered as time goes on.  We'll barely be able to get back to the moon at this rate.

If funds weren't used for petty corruption and ridiculous warfare, there'd BE the blasted money to do in a worthwhile endeavour like that.

#26 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

It was war that funded and pushed the initial space projects in the first place.  If it wasn't for WW2 and immoral Nazi science, we probably would be basking in the glory of Sputnik MK1 right now.

#27 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

We are atleast 100 years away from colonizing other planets in a sustainable way. Whether we have the funding or not. We need a lot of time to develop the technology. Those materials I was talking about earlier? Yeah we are pretty advanced but they are also wicked expensive or wicked heavy or both take your pick.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#28 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

You're joking right? or do you believe the freemasons are the illuminati and taking over the world also?

Your a faggot right? You like to stick your nose up "higher upper's" asses? Not healthy man, you might get pink eye.

#29 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

You're joking right? or do you believe the freemasons are the illuminati and taking over the world also?

Your a faggot right? You like to stick your nose up "higher upper's" asses? Not healthy man, you might get pink eye.

Please refrain from insulting others. I've added 1 (one) digital warn™ to your profile. Further warns will lead to suspension.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#30 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

Aight we kewl. The Best Guest is not that great though. Just puttin' that out there.

It doesn't have to be Illuminati, but the richer sort does everything it wants to keep the less lucky ones at bay. Politicians, corporations and co. make this world a disgusting place. What do the citizens care about a quarrel between politicians of different nations that are mentally disabled enough to wage a war without any background? All corporations care about is the childish goal of having more money even though they already bathe in it.

We have the means of becoming an advanced species without wars, poverty, epidemics, hunger, divisions etc. and with a possibility to have everyone properly educated. But somehow... we aren't getting there. Who is to blame?

Now thats a very polite way of putting it. You truly are a polite wolf. DAYUM, sun, you got good control. I mean you don't even howl at the moon anymore. How the hell do manage that?

Anyways, we got plenty of tech that wont be used by us anytime soon, because its restricted. NASA is a fucking joke. In fact EVERYTHING ON THIS PLANET IS A FUCKING HUGE ASS JOKE. ANd you fewls take it seriously. Yes, I am pissed, but, Oh well. As long as I live in a nice 1st world country with family ties to at least a bit of money so I can enjoy myself, then I don't give a fuck. Let the world burn, there are way too many filth mongers. Now I wont go stamping out other people, but I am definitely not impressed. Since I have no true sway over others, I'm not going to care much about this planet. There are ancient conflicts going on, and I'm gonna watch the show.

Again, the vast majority of the sources of information that we can access are basically pieces of shit propaganda, molding you to be a better slave. You are not free. You're stuck on this dirt ball with me. But you chose to be here, and so did I, because it is pretty damn funny, and a nice lesson at that.

Bottoms UP, BITCHES. Crank the fucken music already. Pasideon, it is dissapointing. However, a lot of things have been coming to light since the age of information started, the aquarius age. I look forward to watching certain things crumble. Who knows? Massive restrictions could finally be lifted, destroyed in the next couple of years.

Ill toast to a better future, a better immediate future. But first, the asshats in charge need to finish what they started. It could end in huge war, or it could be a wicked revelation. Whatever.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 25 July 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#31 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

I'm of two minds on this. On one hand, technology has absolutely come a long way. Look just as medical tech. Procedures such as transplants have their survival rates skyrocking even in just a couple years. What we can do is amazing. On the other, we don't dream anymore. I think that's part of what Pasi is talking about. In less than a decade we went from no space program to putting a man on the Moon. It captured the imagination of an entire people. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but Americans certainly don't dream like that, don't envision a better future. Instead we're too complacent and worry so much about wasting money on NASA.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#32 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

It was war that funded and pushed the initial space projects in the first place.  If it wasn't for WW2 and immoral Nazi science, we probably would be basking in the glory of Sputnik MK1 right now.

WW2 may have accelerated the creation of a space-oriented organization, but it would have been made anyway, although somewhat later. There are still people that dream to see the stars...

Now thats a very polite way of putting it. You truly are a polite wolf. DAYUM, sun, you got good control. I mean you don't even howl at the moon anymore. How the hell do manage that?

You should see me get angry.

#33 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

I'm of two minds on this. On one hand, technology has absolutely come a long way. Look just as medical tech. Procedures such as transplants have their survival rates skyrocking even in just a couple years. What we can do is amazing. On the other, we don't dream anymore. I think that's part of what Pasi is talking about. In less than a decade we went from no space program to putting a man on the Moon. It captured the imagination of an entire people. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but Americans certainly don't dream like that, don't envision a better future. Instead we're too complacent and worry so much about wasting money on NASA.

http://thecolbertrep...ook_072514_cn_1

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#34 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

No ones lost imagination it's just the people with money don't fund those with the imaginations. The space race was political and the US/Russia put effort into it (though none of the people at the top had any more imagination than they do now, besides imagining a political victory). Nowadays it's all military budget... we could quite literally do anything if funding went to the right places.

Also overpopulation fixes itself. We won't keep going indefinitely once a limit is reached and we can always stop ourselves too. Saying comfortable people have more kids is completely wrong, it's exactly the opposite. Developed countries have lower birth rates. Better educated people with more prospects have better things to do, don't get pregnant at an early age and know that a smaller family is more sustainable in their economy. Most of the world isn't in a comfortable situation. Instead of continuing war to keep people oppressed, increase the idiocy by destroying education systems, forcing people to fight back and turn to religion and political fanatics only increases world problems and in no way reduces the population in an efficient way. We don't even need to colonise other planets if we just take back power from the blind morons at the top and start addressing real problems at the root.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

Hunter, you are a conspiracy theorist. The productive world has no use for that misguided nonsense.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#36 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

http://thecolbertrep...ook_072514_cn_1

Can't watch atm, will later.

No ones lost imagination it's just the people with money don't fund those with the imaginations. The space race was political and the US/Russia put effort into it (though none of the people at the top had any more imagination than they do now, besides imagining a political victory). Nowadays it's all military budget... we could quite literally do anything if funding went to the right places.

Trust me, many average Americans regard space travel as stupid and NASA a massive drain on the budget (which is laughable). They don't envision a better future, they envision a future that is the same as now, because America is best or whatever.

The other 2/3 I mostly agree with.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#37 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hunter, you are a conspiracy theorist. The productive world has no use for that misguided nonsense.

Hunter's posts do not even begin to sound like a conspiracy theory (and I've seen some mad shit among those). It is maybe your programmed pro-Westernness that declines everything spoken against the leading few?

#38 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

No its my being a Freemason that im tired of people thinking the ones at the "top" of society care about those in the "lower", I can assure you World Domination is the last thing on most of these guy's mind.  

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#39 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

im tired of people thinking the ones at the "top" of society care about those in the "lower"

Which is also a tragedy.

I can assure you World Domination is the last thing on most of these guy's mind.

I also think it isn't. If it were, we probably wouldn't be discussing this right now. But they do want to have enough control to keep the flak off themselves.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf, 26 July 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#40 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

I just don't see why people expect people in the upper classes to take care of those in the lower. Im all for charity and trust me I donate a decent amount to them however I don't want to be forced to help anyone. That is why I don't support welfare, feeding the poor etc. If we (the US) advocated a more work orientated welfare system, where those on welfare earn the money by working in a civil service or military position and agreed to be drug tested then I see no problem with the system.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users