Photo

Make sure to use a unique C&C:Online password

Best Answer ForceMervin, 23 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Ok turns out sarl europe is actually the account for ebay fees so it wasn't an unauthorised transaction. My mistake.

However I think it is best to stress to everyone to avoid using same passwords for various accounts and websites especially when hackers could be drawn to exploits in a community driven network.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ForceMervin

ForceMervin
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Somebody tried to use my account to transfer £10.35 to a account named Sarl Europe soon after I signed up.

I used an old password which was linked to a redundant paypal account but fortunately nothing was taken. I have since changed passwords and it is now secure. But it is a big worry that none of the accounts on here are secure!!

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

Someone has probably hacked into your Paypal account. Not necessarily from here (since no one here would gain any kind of money with this Sarl Europe account). If you google search "Sarl Europe", you'll find many other cases similar to yours. Check your computer for trojans or for suspicious programs running on it and good luck.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#3 ForceMervin

ForceMervin
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:25 PM   Best Answer

Ok turns out sarl europe is actually the account for ebay fees so it wasn't an unauthorised transaction. My mistake.

However I think it is best to stress to everyone to avoid using same passwords for various accounts and websites especially when hackers could be drawn to exploits in a community driven network.

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

This is already stressed every single time this password is mentioned. On the website, on the tutorials, on the registration form, and on the member profile. 

People just need to read.

EDIT: I've deescalated the thread title. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users