Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:28 AM

Well... interesting.  I've quite liked the gameplay trailers I've seen.  I thought the game looked very promising.  And WB has been producing some really good games recently, so I have high expectations for this.  But that trailer was awful... good lord.  I feel like it may have been spoiling a significant part of the game's story, and it was just all over the place... really, really bad.  And I was quite pleased with what I previously saw before this trailer, since there wasn't much movie fan-servicing... but this trailer was pretty much dedicated to it, in spades.  I was hoping it wouldn't be just mimicking the movie's character, creature, and world design... but it's been confirmed that they very much are.  Sigh.  

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

By linking the awful story with a great character they've just further ruined it for me. Celebrimbor died, and so went to the Halls of Mandos. Elves do not come back as spooky ghosts to mind control orcs. That is about as un-Tolkien as it gets.

As good as the gameplay might turn out to be, I'll never be able to enjoy it due to the batshit insane background story. 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

The spooky ghost man is a dead Jedi.  It makes perfect sense.

#6 GhostOfDurin

GhostOfDurin
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

I'm not really even sure what I think. I mean, yeah I guess it's cool that they brought in Celebrimbor, but how would he be there? I don't know... We'll have to wait till the game comes out to see how he's implemented before we judge it.

Edited by GhostOfDurin, 27 July 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#7 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

"Let's wait for it to come out before we figure if it's crap" is usually what I say to movies and older games... but this game is asking for preorders.  Before we even know where they're going with this crack-pipe borderline George Lucas story-line, this game is asking for a profit.  If they're already asking for sales, people have to make a snap judgement if this looks good or not.  Based on this trailer, people may be not caring if they get their OP super-stabber 5000's and just wait.  And that's not always good for sales.  I think they screwed up this one.

#8 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

I actually really liked this very much, got me really excited. If you ingore the lore the story seems very good. I abandoned searching a LOTR game that actually gives 3 shits about the lore, might aswell enjoy the game at it is ( I enjoyed even Conquest a bit ... a very little bit) . Seeing some history of the creation of the Rings of Power and some of the story of Celembrimbor got me hiped tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users