Photo

Connectivity Issues Starting Matches in RA3 / C&C Online Launcher Won't Launch the Game

ra3 c&conlinelauncher

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Darius Pent

Darius Pent
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

[Handy "TL;DR" Version:

Issue: Cannot connect to my friend to launch matches in RA3

Issue 2: Upon trying the launcher fixer to address the first problem, the game no longer launches]

Hello, Revora team. I've been wrestling with these issues for the past hour and a half and have looked through the forums to make sure I wasn't asking a redundant question, so hopefully I have not missed it somehow.

Issue: Today I attempted to play Red Alert 3 online with my friend for the first time since Revora's takeover. He made a game, which I joined. When we tried to start the match, we got the error of "connection issue 1-2" (something like that). I looked up the handy help list and it said to try the launcher fixer. I have done that and now have a new issue: The launcher fails to actually launch the program. I have the game hooked, as it clearly doesn't work otherwise. Instead of launching RA3, it opens ANOTHER window of C&C Online Launcher. Clicking on RA3 on the launcher causes the program to crash every time. 

I looked up some help guides, and one recommended loading the Launcher directly and then selecting RA3, then selecting it again redundantly to get around the problem but that didn't work for me.

Alas... I checked the FB page too late, AFTER I had tried the launcher fixer and learned that 3 hours ago you announced that there were connectivity issues. 

["It seems connecting to other players does not work at the moment. This appears to be a consequence of GameSpy shutting down their last servers."]

So I thought I would post my problem here, in case that it is actually a different issue than the one Revora already announced, and also because I'm now stuck in a new issue with the launcher always crashing. 

Thank you, Revora team, for putting in the time and effort to enable us C&C fans to play our favorite RTS games online after EA and GameSpy pulled the plug. Playing RA3 online is the only way I get to "hang out" with my friends from the state I moved from, so this really means a lot. Hopefully, the growing pains will be smoothed out and it will work better for me the next time I try to play online.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:07 AM

I would recommend that you:

1. Unhook everything.

2. Uninstall C&C:Online.

3. Uninstall then reinstall RA3.

4. Reinstall C&C:Online.

5. Wait for us to fix the connection issue.

Also, THANK YOU for taking the time to describe your issue properly. Such a breath of fresh air. ;)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 xnathx8

xnathx8
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

Hello Darius.

I had exactly all the same issues as you. Tryin to connect to coop campaign with a friend. We tried the launcher fix and it made all our games from the cnc collection on origin not playable. So had to uninstall them all and reinstall. Still connection issues is out of our hands so hopefully the guys get a fix for that soon. Only other problem i have now is cnc 4 wont load anymore ive uninstalled it reinstalled and nothing. It was working earlier because we were guna try coop campaign on that so seems the launcher fixer has messed things up big time so keep away from it

#4 Darius Pent

Darius Pent
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

Thank you, Mathijs and xnathx8, was really helpful to know that somebody else experienced the same thing. Just read this so I'll start with uninstalling C&C Launcher and see what reinstalling it does for me.

Related question, uninstalling the Launcher should mean it no longer has the Launcher Fixer, right? The fixer data would be removed along with the actual launcher I'm hoping.

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

I can't say, the fixed launchers aren't C&C:Online-related. 

Either way, the connectivity issues are fixed now. Make sure you download the updated 2.0.5 C&C:Online launcher from our website (or install the one you have downloaded before and press Update).

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 Darius Pent

Darius Pent
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

Hello, Revora team. I've tried connecting with my friend again, no luck. Has the fixer program been improved so that it doesn't crash? I've also added C&C Launcher to the list of programs my firewall allows, but that didn't fix the problem.

#7 Bibber

Bibber
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

All problems here are related to C&C Online, not to my fixed launchers.

First:
If you get the message "Unable to launch ..." with the C&C Online launcher then it is because my fixed launchers require admin rights and the C&C Online launcher doesn't do it.

Solution:
Either start the C&C Online launcher as admin or tell them to fix their launcher so that it can start the game as admin.

Second:
If the C&C Online launcher is popping up a second time then it is normal with Origin. Reason is how Origin handles starting the game. If you start the RA3.exe then it is not a child process of Origin. It starts the game via origin://blabla and then closes itself (C&C Online launcher stays open). This is to make it a child process of Origin and the RA3.exe will be executed again (this is the point where the C&C Online launcher pops up a second time when the game has been hooked).

Solution:
Either you chose the game twice in the C&C Online launchers (yes it works, have been tested together with the latest version of my fixed launchers) or you tell them to fix the issue on their end.

Edited by Bibber, 14 September 2014 - 02:27 AM.

sig_bibbersurft.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users