24 replies to this topic

#1 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

I HAVE READ THE HOW-TO THREAD AND THE COMMON ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS

Red Alert 3 normal Edition V1.12 over Steam, Win 7

When I try to log in with the onlinemodus, i can't connect to the backend server. At the same time a friend has no Problems. I can play any ohter game online so i guess its not the ports of the router.

Nick: SirFally

Email: sirfally{ät}gmail.com

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: D:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

Are you using the Steam solution mentioned in the common issues thread?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Sorry, i forgot to mention that. Yes I do. (Hook it and start over the normal shortcut, right?)

I reread it and now i know what you are refering to. When I hook it, there doesnt come a confirmation. Not even when i turn of my antivirus. I repaired C&C online with turned off antivirus and tried it again, but when i try to hook it there still doesn't come a message.

Edited by SirFally, 07 August 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Ok, have you been able to log in previously?

#5 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

No, I just started trying.

#6 -ichor-

-ichor-
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Are you either using VPN-Software (such as Hotspot Shield VPN) or IP-Blockers (such as PeerBlock)? If yes, deactivate them before logging in and try again.

I0G21E8.jpg

#7 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

Neither nor. I am completely normal in the internet without any extra program. Firewall is just the Windows firewall and antivirus is 360 with C&C online whitelisted.

#8 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Can no one help me?

#9 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Still nothing?

#10 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

Try this. It looks from your log like game.dat is not loading fast enough, so it is not there when the launcher attempts to patch it.

I had the same problems as you, but what I found out is that you have to perform a double launch. It worked for me and many others who i have helped.

Firstly, Make sure you set C&C Online to run as a administrator.

If you don't know how, follow these steps,

1 - Right click C&C Online then click Properties
2 - A tab will open, click on compatibility and then you should see on the bottom on that tab 'Run this program as an admistrator'
3 - click apply then ok and the this tab should close.

So now onto the double launch procedure,

1 - Open C&C Online and select what game you want to launch.
2 - Wait for that game to load and your on the menu.
3 - On your keyboard press the windows key. (SHOULD PUT YOU BACK TO THE DESKTOP)
4 - On C&C Online, press the game you just launched, Don't worry it wont open a new one but rather re-open your game.
5 - Try to login, this should work.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on.

P.S Staff of Revora should put this solution on your FAQ/Solution page as this will help keep the number of posts.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#11 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

Thanks a lot for posting this, but it didn't resolve my Problem.

Red Alert 3 doesn't even start, when I try to start it through the C&C:Online launcher. It stops at the loading image before going fullscreen and RA3 just closes down again without giving me an error message.

When I start it over the normal shortcut and try to start it again through C&C:Online the backend server error happens again.

#12 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, the reason that you are getting that error message is that you are trying to connect to gamespy.    That is happening because the game is not patching.   Is it possible to reinstall your game or try getting it from somewhere other than Steam?

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#13 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Sadly I just have the Steam version. I have reinstalled it and tried again. When I try to hook it, nothing happens and when I try to start directly via C&C:Online a error message shows up. "CA public key patching routine failed."

I bought the game to play the coop campaign with a friend. Via hamachi we can make skirmishes, but the campaign sadly needs internet.

Any other solutions?

#14 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

Isn't there any help anybody can offer except buying the game a second time?

#15 s2nZo

s2nZo

title available

• Project Team
  • 409 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

- When I launch my game using the C&C:Online launcher, I get the following error: "CA public key patching routine failed"

Solution: Try setting the launcher to Windows XP compatibility mode.

Have you set both run as administrator and xp compatibility?

- Completely disable your antivirus even if c&conline is whitelisted or uninstall it while test and reinstall after

- Check if you have a cd-key on steam and download somewhere over internet the normal disc

- Would advice you in a last attempt to install steam and games in default directory (program files) [if you use the internal backup function of steam, it's pretty fast to move all his updated games without having to re-download everything]

The logic of contradiction

#16 tnt123

tnt123
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hi everyone,

my friend and I have a very similar problem, it would be great if anyone could help us.

Red Alert 3, Steam Edition, Win 7 (x64)

Logfile:

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: D:\Steam_Bib\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
Started game with: "RA3.exe "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
Found game.dat process. PID 4440
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

A error occurs if I launch the game with the c&c:online program. -->I execute it with administration rigths and in windows xp compatibilty mode.

The RA3 Logo pops up, but I get this error-message : Application load error 5:0000065434

I also tried to hook the game, and start it with the desktop Icon, but then the game simply doesn't start at all. (I dont get a confirmation after I checked it)

If I then uncheck the hooking , the game starts normally.

I deactivated my antivirus, but I it didn't help.

Years ago I could play with a friend over gamespy, so I think it has something to do with the patch.

My friend downloaded and installed the game 3 weeks ago, also over steam and he has the same problem. So it's not sth. with my hardware.

It would be intresting, if install steam and games in default directory really solves the problem?! I don't want to try and don't think it will help.

If you need more information please ask for it.

I  also tried to analyze the process with sysinternals tools myself, but sadly I couldn't find a solution.

I hope the log file will help you, to find a solution, does anyone know what the game.dat is and where I can find it.

At last I want to appreciate your work, I find it great you keep these "old" games alive.

When you can solve my problem I will immediatly donate.

#17 SirFally

SirFally
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

- When I launch my game using the C&C:Online launcher, I get the following error: "CA public key patching routine failed"

Solution: Try setting the launcher to Windows XP compatibility mode.

Have you set both run as administrator and xp compatibility?

- Completely disable your antivirus even if c&conline is whitelisted or uninstall it while test and reinstall after

- Check if you have a cd-key on steam and download somewhere over internet the normal disc

- Would advice you in a last attempt to install steam and games in default directory (program files) [if you use the internal backup function of steam, it's pretty fast to move all his updated games without having to re-download everything]

Finally it got solved. I found out that you can register your game on origin with the cd you get from steam. So I did that and installed it over origin. Now it works fine. Thanks a lot for every try to help me. :)

#18 s2nZo

s2nZo

title available

• Project Team
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

Finally it got solved. I found out that you can register your game on origin with the cd you get from steam. So I did that and installed it over origin. Now it works fine. Thanks a lot for every try to help me. :)

You mean the CompactDisk or the serial number? Where did you installed it?

Would be helpfull in future to know how to solve that

The logic of contradiction

#19 King_Kong62

King_Kong62
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:50 AM

When I log into Red Alert 3 I now get this message (can't connect to the backend server)...!!!?

#20 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

Try again now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic