#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

Part 1, Crimea; part 2, east-Ukraine; part 3, airplane.

So, today Russia reacted to sanctions by shutting down food imports from the US, EU, and an assortment of pro-western nations.

I'd have to say, it seems a pretty desperate move. Russia imports 50% of their food from the West, and I doubt the BRICS can cover Russia's needs fast enough to avoid a dent in people's food supplies.

Also, Russia, for the second year, has to dig into the Russians retirement funds to support their budget. One of the primary reasons many east-Ukrainians looked to Moscow was the promise of a pension, one which now evidently is going to be used on maintaining the conflict and supporting Crimea.

Putin is a dangerous man, but I strongly suspect that this will not work out the way he wants it to. There are voices saying the West is now aiming for a regime change in Russia, which seems likely. I'm just wondering if the EU is willing to step up and take the hard choices. It will be interesting to see how Russia's economy is going to do it the next few years.

One silver lining in the sky: Call of Duty campaign fiction of a Russia-gone-bad just became more realistic :p

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

Russia can't hold out on their own against such a huge front of increasing sanctions. Let's see if the US/EU will continue to present themselves as a strong and united front against Russia's bullshit. If they do, Putin's days might be numbered. If they crack, Putin's popularity will likely skyrocket.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Oh, cool.  My country isn't sending those ungrateful communists food anymore?  Awesome.  More food and money for us.

#4 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Russia wins. Fuck israel/usa cunts, and Russia wins, they have their own banks. They kicked out all the douchebag banksters from their country a little while back and such. Dayum, Russia is on the right track, hell they're about to kick out McDonalds! Nice stuff man, I've always hated that stupid fucken clown. That aint food you bastard, thats disgusting, so disgusting that not even mold wants to eat it.

And now I'm off to actually read the posts in this thread, instead of just the title. > :D

EDIT: Oh. Turns out there wasn't much....

yeah... instead of diggin up a billion files and sites and shit, trying to prove to you god damn sheep the shit that was never intended to be made understandable to you, I'll jsut say this:

FUCK. CRYPTIC ZIONISTS. HARD. IN THE FACE. WITH RUSTY REBAR.

That is all. Now let this facade end (this facade being the Ukraine crap. The previous one was Syria, and the list goes on and on) so that we can get on with the next one so the next one will end, untill finally, they powers that were run out of options, and give up, FINALLY, releasing us. Until then, BOTTOMS UP BITCHES.

The reason I don't mind these latest facades is because I KNOW that world war three isn't going to erupt into full scale overt fighting. People don't want that shit so it aint going to happen. Nationalism has subsided thank GOD.

TAKE THE MESSAGE FROM THIS VIDEO AND APPLY IT TO THE ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 07 August 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#5 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Still think this is Pasidon's evil burner account :p

Nationalism has subsided thank GOD.

Tell that to Putin/Russia? If anything, the EU/the West is the best at keeping nationalistic ideology at bay. Sure, people are still going "Murica fuck yeah" and the likes for their nations, but it's more like football team spirit than, "You mess with my despot-cousin's vacation country? I will break you, for I am ztrong"

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#6 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, do us a favor and keep your weird conspiracy theories (apparently based on a standup act by a decent comedian) out of threads where people try to actually discuss actual current issues.

#7 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

The reason I don't mind these latest facades is because I KNOW that world war three isn't going to erupt into full scale overt fighting

Correct. Because the West and Russia are both armed in the nuclear. It won't erupt in fighting, but with the world getting smaller as populations grow and people come to the realization of their human rights, it does feel to many, including myself, that we're in a very tense international atmosphere at the moment, and if it tips too far one way, there is a significant risk that one side or the other will get ever so more trigger-happy. And that won't lead to fighting so much as it will to instantaneous millions of deaths.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#8 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

muhahahahahah lets see if I get banned for this.

http://divinecosmos....derground-bases

#9 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

I'll be surprised if you even get a dirty look.  Could be true.  But... I doubt it.  Just some punk's conspiracy theory.

#10 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

I honestly think its pretty dumb of the Russian government to intentionally mess with itself by shutting down imports. When I first heard about it I thought we were shutting down exports to them. They messed up this time and its gonna hurt them a lot more than it hurts the west.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#11 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

I'll be surprised if you even get a dirty look.  Could be true.  But... I doubt it.  Just some punk's conspiracy theory.

Ah the good old days...

#12 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

Guessing another round in this thread might be worth the time.

So, long debate in the chat yesterday, so I figured we should feed the fire some more. I found this article on the guardian today, where Putin is saying the West is encouraging a return to cold war mentality.

I can't say I disagree. It takes two to argue over something, and this certainly could have been stopped if the West was desperate about smoothing out the wrinkles. But I think we know where that road leads in the end, and we're not willing to give Putin what he wants for some more security. Overall this conflict is drops in the sea compared to what's going on in Syria, with hundreds of thousands killed by the different parties involved. So far I think we're around 4-5000 reported dead in Ukraine. I'm not sure if that includes flight MH17 and some Russian soldiers buried secretly or not, but still, not a very big number. A lot of refugees have been moved around though. I'm not sure the rebellious parts of eastern Ukraine are going to be able to live happy lives the next fifty years.

I do hope those old women who encouraged joining Russia for pensions are having a good time though. Maybe they emigrated over to a retirement home there :)

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm wondering who is the most cynical player on this table. Putin trying to rebuild his empire, or the West using their economic leverage and political weight to keep the situation tense. What are the likely future scenarios?

#13 Mr.Shvetsario

Mr.Shvetsario
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:18 AM

The Sanctions only helped Russia.Their Ruble's worthness is increasing.That is helping lazy Russian people to get up and work.And now,the country is getting richer.About the Ukraine issue,the Ukrainians are lying,and so bad,like they're building a giant wall to protect themselves and join the European Union.Which will not help.Ukraine is on the verge of collapse and their corruption has weakned them.

#14 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

But the ruble's worth isn't increasing at all. It's plummeting. This is a simple fact that can be observed (from what I can tell) even in Russian news.

#15 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

Russia wins. It aint a conspiracy if its true. Switch your perspective away from the the puppet master's decree and onto what the puppet masters actually want - your extinction. No more free will. Only law and obediance:

^^ I luv the jungle, so FUCK this guy. Thats basically what Russia said, and is doing now. They have control of their own banks. Thats one of the first steps.

I'm just gonna predict that, this conflict of interests will end on a good note, that, the assholes which shall not be named will either kill themselves, or get kicked the fuck out, and, that, AMAZING technological advances will be revealed. What has been kept hidden, that shit WILL blow your tricked minds. And you'll just all be like "DAYUM!", and your jaws will hit the floor, and stay there for quite some time. Yes, you are all smart, but you have been tricked, MASSIVELY TRICKED. And thats why I don't give a fuck. POKE!

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 01 December 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#16 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

The first bit I understood. The second bit seems to be... is that English or droog he's speaking in?

#17 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:54 PM

Yes! Free your mind from the chains that are reason and common sense. Don't be tricked into believing what you can observe yourself. Instead, believe stuff which I tell you you cannot even imagine :)

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#18 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

How Illuminating.  

#19 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Quit with the glue snorting. It's getting to you.

#20 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

How can mirrors be real, yo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users