5 replies to this topic

#1 maaaartl

maaaartl
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:Server Storage Networks

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hello,

my name is martin i saw your site today when i was surfing through some bfme/rotwk forums.

it was a classical fluke that i found your website.

i never heard of that and i was surprised and amazed that such a project exists.

So how did you get that thing running ?

Do you have dedicated software for bfme ?

I am such a big fan of this game series (started to play at 2004)

i am 30 years now and im still playing.

the fact /problem is that your server isnt really poular. all players are on gameranger (sucks) or on tunngle (sucks  too)

Maybe i can advise some people on gameranger to come to your server.

i like to to encourage you guys with donate or with technical things if your server recources are not enough. I am a learned IT technican and servers are no foreign things for me.

i will be glad if you  can give me a few answers.and to hear from you.

Greetings MArtin ! 

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Thank you for your kind words and welcome Martin ;)

We are pretty sure that our service will become more attractive once statistics and further developments are fully functional - but even now some players just enjoy the good old feeling of the original server interface.

The whole application works by redirecting all outgoing traffic to our server (hooking the game process). The server itself is reverse engineered based on the gamespy protocol. Introductory articles: Luigi Auriemma.

Are you familiar with python/twisted or c(++)/sockets/django programming? 

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 maaaartl

maaaartl
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:Server Storage Networks

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

Hello,

so do you edit editable gamefiles and redirect the outgoing traffic to your server IP/FQDN ok i understand.

I started to read about "Gamespy Protocol" and implementable methods like CD-Key Varification Peerchat etc. and my Brain steams after a half hour lol.

Reverse Engineered....did you have  kind of a "template" to "reconstruct" it or did you wrote it all new by yourself/Team ?

Im defenetly not at home in the programming / coding section although i started learning java 2 years ago  in my evening school. (i am a really bad coder :-) )  :facepalm: 

A bit MySQL /Oracle  and PhP but really basics.

My fafourite section is : deploy and manage/admin servers especially in windows server environment (VM's ), manage little to medium networks....thats my world  :smile2ap:

Hola i found nice tools and emulators on Luigis Site look interessting e.g.  GSlogin emulator ,  peerchat emulator.......:-) i think i carry on reading :-)

thx very much  for that information :-)

is the lobby system based on peer to peer connections?(if one player opens a lobby ?)

Edited by maaaartl, 12 August 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#4 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:33 PM

I want to congratulate the T3A team, since the last move of the server to a new domain or whatever happened, the quality of games improved dramatically. I had no delay or lag anytime I played since. Great work! :thumbsuphappy:

I already managed to get a few players to try it, and they liked it.

If a new feature like ladder or stats/tournament is going to be added, I'm sure there will be more following :evgr:

:xcahik_:

2qm3dd5.jpg

#5 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts
  • Projects:patching & see

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:25 PM

Joy

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#6 silvercricket101

silvercricket101
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:56 AM

C++ eh? i'm majoring in computer science and have been doing some game development on the side, i'd like to help out with restoring the servers if you'd have me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users