• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

pt20140813002354b.jpg

Ok... I have just got done watching quite a lengthy video on this game.  Wow.  Ok... here we go.  I hope this topic brings something of interest to you, as this game as to me.  I am a massive fan of horror.  I believe horror movies have lost their psychological element and have adapted to cheep jump scares and two-cent stories.  A few horror games have brought interest to me the past few years, like the Amnesia games, The Forrest, Condemned, and even Outlast.  They bring new elements to the interactive horror experience.  But one thing they often are weak in is the psychological element.  This is where P.T. comes in...

I wish I could play this, or even recommend it.  But it's a PS4 exclusive... so I can only recommend YouTube for the experience.  But that can be good enough.  After years of never feeling that kick of true horror, I finally found it again.  This game is simple... walk down a hallway.  That's it.  You want to learn the truth about your character and where he is, and all your answers lie in this one short hallway.  This game is visually fantastic, and some of the best use of audio I have ever experienced.  That audio alone is so gutting... I love every moment of it.  This game keeps breaking its own rules so much, you can't predict anything.  It truly is the art (and act) of going into the unknown. I would almost call it genius, and I don't throw that word around too often,

I know some of you can't stand horror, or aren't really effected by horror.  Or maybe something in between.  But let me strongly recommend this game / video to you no matter where you stand.  It will disturb you.  It will terrify you.  It will intrigue you.  And no matter how much you just want to stop, you just have to see what's around the corner of that hallway.  

This is the video I experienced this game with.  Stylosa from Unit Lost is a very good commentator, and very good at comedy.  f you want to watch him walk the hall and see what even goosed me, I recommend him and this video to you.  Hopefully he will keep the experience light enough for you, if you can't handle this form of psychological terror by itself.  It is quite a lengthy video, but I have never recommended every moment of something this much before.  I never wanted it to end.  But Pasidon... how could walking down one hallway take so long?  Well..... I want you to take that leap of bravery and find out what lies beyond that corner. It's one of my top 5 games of this year.  Find out why.

Tell me if you've tried to experience it from this video, or somewhere else.  I want to discuss this game soooo, so, so badly.

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

I just heard about this last night, wish I could play it too.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Yea, there's no need for it to be an exclusive.  I hear it's not that long... a little over an hour.  It's just an experiment and test for the next Silent Hill, which will be very promising if it uses this engine and style.  But keeping it exclusive is so pointless... screw you Sony, Kojima, and Del Torro.

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

Played P.T.  Here are my thoughts.

Very, very, good.  There is quite a lot of hidden story in that one hallway, and quite a bit of it I figured out myself.  But I spent like 3 hours trying to talk with my dead wife (in game, silly) and trying to get my dead unborn child to laugh.  When your child laughs twice, the phone will ring and reveal some very juicy story.  I won't spoil it for anyone.  But  apparently P.T. is pre-DLC for the Silent Hills game.  And some of the characters will reappear in it.  That is very good.  This entire experiment has me very excited.  Now it just better come out for PC......

#5 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Sounds really cool if there's a lot more to it even than what is shown in that video. I felt like he was just being confused in most of it.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

It's a Hideo Kojima game, so it's expected for the average man to be horrendously confused.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users