#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

The forum is kind of half dead atm (which is understandable), but for whomever might still be interested in SEE (other than my wonderful team mates off course), I just want to drop a teaser that I have some really cool news in store for this faction. I will drop the "bomb" this weekend...  :thumbsuphappy:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Sweet. =D

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

Holding out on us? I'm eagerly awaiting the news

#4 Mr Uger

Mr Uger
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Excited to read about it!  Just so you know, I am definitely one who is excited about this next Special Extended Edition of the game - so please keep it up!

Just my opinion (so please don't be offended), I really do appreciate the time you are taking to add new units and such, but I personally feel that the structures (for all factions) of the original game lacked diversity, realism, detail / scale and need most of the work.  I would definitely like to see a greater variety of structures that would make it feel more "fortress-y" and grand like a stronghold mini-city. If you think about it, the cities in the movies are so grand and awesome, I wish that could be translated to the game more.

City or fortress building is an aspect of RTS games that I really like.  Don't get me wrong, I for one don't like clutter or having to spend so much time on city building that you loose the combat experience, but if there was any type of building to be added, I would like to see a housing unit added for each faction. I think it creates a more realistic aspect of the fortress to show that units have a place to sleep / eat / live. It could be a smaller building so you can place several within the fortress walls. Perhaps it could serve as an added bonus to population caps, so you don't only rely on the farms for increased limits.

Again, just some thoughts. Keep up the great work, I'm always checking on these forums for updates as I can't wait for when it's all complete - it will be awesome!  

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

Don't worry =) Delivering suggestions, thoughts, opinions, etc is never any issue as long as it's done with respect and a humble approach, like you just did  :thumbsuphappy: even though this is not really the topic for open suggestins and such. Anyway, I agree to some extent. However, the structures won't be remade as is a LOT more work than making units (IMO). This is due to all the animations requires for buildups, damage states and destruction/tumble anims. Also, structures look best with idle anims too. Like maybe torches, window lights, moving units, machines, etc.... So, vanilla structures will be used for this reason, but with some reskins here and there.

As far as new buildings go, I agree that it would be nice to feature more structures that are not battle oriented, like economy and housing. But that is a big project and it would have to wait until the entire mod is done, according to "basic" plans - if ever.

Back on topic: I will tell you all tomorrow about what tasty news I have in store for Erebor Faction  :thumbsupxd:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

And, there it is!  <^_^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users