Photo

Ships that fly in 3d dimensions

4 replies to this topic

#1 Hanti

Hanti
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

I love how the ships fly in 3d dimensions. I've seen it in Galaxies at War 2.0 mod (http://www.moddb.com/mods/gaw).
I've not known how they made ships turn this way, but definitely there is the way to do it :)

PS: GAW is not finished. Don't look at this. Just do some big space battle and watch.

#2 Aizen Teppa

Aizen Teppa
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Well to be honest playing as Borg and wiping out Palpatine  + rest of the gang was very satisfying. Ho, ho, ho!

But sadly mod as a whole is late beta at best. It works OK for whooo 3-5 minutes of galactic time flat. Building big fleet is not possible (but editing starting fleets works). As soon AI start to show some initiative game just grind to a crawl. And for me it always CTD. 100%.

For a 1 person project it is highly impressive job. Great fun. Sadly it's not finished...

#3 megabalta

megabalta

title available

• Project Team
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:13 PM

Snubcraft fly in 3d space in EaW, its probably that mechanic applied to bigger ships.

#4 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

Millenium Falcon does it on it's own. My guess would be it uses the FIGHTERLOCOMOTR and the FIGHTER ship classification.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#5 Hanti

Hanti
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

Increased turn angles, so when a ship turns it can go nearly 90 degrees on its side. In vanilla the turn angle was like, 15 at max.

<Bank_Turn_Angle>5</Bank_Turn_Angle>

to

<Bank_Turn_Angle>30</Bank_Turn_Angle>

should do the trick.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users