Isengard Faction Plan

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Stokstaartje95

Stokstaartje95
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

@Mathijs: Sure, they are less cavarly oriented than Rohan, but still Dol Amroth is a part of Gondor, and their cavalry is still spectacular. I however admit that it should be made harder to play cavalry with Gondor than with Rohan.

@Dunedain Ranger76: ...In their worst years, yes, but there is a great example of Dunedain cavalry. The Grey company might be the best unit of all, both infantry and cavalry. (They are not really a part of Gondor though)

@MattTheLegoman: Indeed it seems strange, yet I can imagine the dunlendings riding on wargs. After all they are very rough. However, in the movies they are seen riding horses, so that's more convenient and therefore less interesting for the warg pit.

#22 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

Well if you look at the Gondor Faction Plan, you'll see they have a Dol Amroth summon in their spellbook (though I am at this time not sure if we'll keep that). 

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#23 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

@Dunedain Ranger76: ...In their worst years, yes, but there is a great example of Dunedain cavalry. The Grey company might be the best unit of all, both infantry and cavalry. (They are not really a part of Gondor though)

What part do the Dúnedain have in this? I thought we were talking about the Ithilien Rangers? Eitherway both bands of Rangers were foot soldiers. They used horses primarily for transport, not for combat. (The movie version of Faramir's Osgiliath's retreat is a prime example) So no, no Ranger cavalry.

#24 Brasidas

Brasidas
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

The suggestions I have for Isengard are :

1 - A reskin for Lurtz (please take that in consideration)

2 - A way to build weaker Mordor-like orcs

3 - A dunlending building that allows you to build dunlending hordes

4 - Add Ugluk (this is quite unimportant, especially because he plays almost the same role as Lurtz in the books and because I don't think it would fit in the game another early/middle game hero)

I just wanted to say that the models are great and I can't wait for the 1.0 release. Also that the change you made in the heavy armor upgrade is really cool. Actual armour changing instead of just turning gold

Edited by Brasidas, 15 January 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#25 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

1 - This has already been done!

2 - Isengard gets a Mordor Orc summon.

3 - Nah. We really like the vanilla Isengard roster and gameplay, so there won't be any Dunlendings in skirmish.

4 - As you said, Ugluk is quite unnecessary. We are adding Sharku and Wormtongue to pad out the hero roster.

#26 Brasidas

Brasidas
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

Thanks for answering and good calls!

I can't wait to see Lurtz

#27 The_Spin

The_Spin
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

How about to add an Uruk Scout unit, but instead of the classic reskinned Uruk-hai/Lurtz look like this ?

http://s163.photobuc...rukAxe.jpg.html

Also you could add Grishnakh at the Orc Summon and an Uruk Vanguard unit (elite heavy armoured "hero-unit", with large shields, some powers, no need for upgrades and limited to 5 for ex.) or a Captain. Notice that some type of Captain unit could exist in any faction

#28 Gandalf the Gray

Gandalf the Gray
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

i think saruman should have a lightning bolt attack and also do his voice when he was at the tower

#29 Gandalf the Gray

Gandalf the Gray
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:34 PM

i think saruman should have his lightning attack for a lvl 10 skill and if its possible for him to get on the tower xD

Edited by Gandalf the Gray, 14 September 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#30 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

How on earth would we suddenly put him on the tower of Orthanc just for an ability?

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#31 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

How on earth would we suddenly put him on the tower of Orthanc just for an ability?

I believe he wants something similar to what Edain mod did?

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#32 Gandalf the Gray

Gandalf the Gray
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:22 PM

yes that thing if its possible

#33 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

But how would that work for an ability? If he is running around on the battlefield, how would be have a lightning ability on the tower?

Now we have discussed the possibility of including a "Wrath of Charadras" power. Where Saruman chants and brings forth a snowstorm of some sort. But this isn't confirmed yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#34 Gandalf the Gray

Gandalf the Gray
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

wait a lil bit what is his role in the game he will be an offensive or supportive ???

#35 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:30 PM

A combination of both, really.

#36 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

Saruman in SaF is an endgame, ultimate hero. So both, as Kwen said.

Him being on his tower is a great feature in TDH (and I suppose in Edain too), but we're not going to do that for SaF.

#37 Gandalf the Gray

Gandalf the Gray
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

man i like what are you doing with the heroes one is needed to counter the other very unique :good:

#38 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Thanks. Each faction's 'endgame' hero is supposed to be at about the same level, with different strengths and weaknesses. Radagast will be better at support and will likely lose to Saruman 1vs1, the Balrog is a powerful offensive hero but offers no buffs to friendly troops, et cetera.

#39 Gandalf the Gray

Gandalf the Gray
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

awesome but gandalf can go 1 vs 1 with balrog right i ask this  because you said gandalf will be a supportive hero

Edited by Gandalf the Gray, 15 September 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#40 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:37 PM

Gandalf has a power that does extra damage to the Balrog, yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users