Help with civilians and neutral units

help civilians neutral units

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DrHouse93

DrHouse93
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Projects:RotWK Maps (Both Edain and 2.02 versions)

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hi all! :D
I made a fortress map (Minas Ithil, based on EA's Minas Morgul and edited^^) and I think I did quite a nice job. However, I got some problems. In the city (and in two outposts outside), I put some neutral units (belonging to team SkirmishMen) and some civilians (belonging to team PlyrCivilian) wandering around. However, I couldn't manage to make the neutral units to attack nearby enemies (I made a script which automatically makes them allies of player inside the fortress). The same thing happen when playing with attackers: you can't directly attack them (not even civilians).

This is how a did:

- In the Player List, I set that SkirmishMen and PlyrCivilian consider Player_1 and Player_2 (another player inside the fortress) to be friends, while they consider the other team as Neutral (I've also changed that, making them Enemies)
- In the Scripts, I made one that changes the relationships of SkirmishMen and PlyrCivilian toward a Player, if this attacks them or attacks Player_1

But none of the two ways above mentioned work. Why this happen?

Hope you can help me^^

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:08 PM

Try changing the teams. I am sure that stuff on SkirmishMen will be given to the first player who chooses to play as the Men faction.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 DrHouse93

DrHouse93
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Projects:RotWK Maps (Both Edain and 2.02 versions)

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

I figured out what I did wrong: I made a code checking for Team's relationships, rather than Player's relationships. Now I managed to make the civilians attackable. However, they can be attacked by any player outside the fortress, even if it is allied with the player inside (plus the soldiers are still not attackable, though I changed the team and created a new whole one)
Moreover, I have another problem: I put a BFME outpost in the map, belonging to Player_1 (the owner of the fortress) which should unpack when the game starts and that the attackers should conquer to get access to special buildings and a nearby shipwright. However, as soon as the outpost is unpacked, it disappears and it spawns again the OutpostFlag, just like it has been destroyed. This happens each time I start the game, even if I try to build it again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users