33 replies to this topic

#21 tanka

tanka

title available

• Project Team
  • 431 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 05:45 AM

rise of nations wants their tank back!

wow, you got the scoop on the whole story didn't you. chrisV80 took that model from ron and gave it to freefall, he posted it, and after realising it was from RoN got rid of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Freefall

Freefall

title available

• Project Team
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 06:38 AM

* i think i jsut pissed myself*

anyways, the sherman is a bit to flat, and it seams like stretched. Specialy with certian angles on it. You might wanna fix that. Other then that, its cool.

When you had said it like this it would have been fine, not the way you extually said it.

#23 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts
  • Projects:Infamy!
  •  They've all got it infamy!

Posted 21 October 2003 - 04:23 PM

Look guys, I made that frikken tank okay? I did use blueprints while making it and I'm pretty sure it's shape has changed while tanka was skinning it and I'm trying to contact him to put it right. Any critisism should be directed at me, not Freefall and I dont care if it's negative cos every little helps in my opinion.
So stop arguing like a bunch of preschool kids.
Posted Image
New Tutorial Online Now!! Check it out!!

#24 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 04:51 PM

by the way, that comment on the big box at the back of the turret, I actually modelled a Sherman Firefly, which is the British version, and they have bigger boxes on the back than the conventional American Shermans.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 flyby

flyby
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 07:30 PM

Killakanz,

It is impossible to tell if there is something wrong with the Sherman, because the picture itself looks distorted and has a very difficult angle to make a solid judgement.
It would be helpful if someone could up some views from ground level, or a GMAX/max view. Only then I’ll be able to tell you if it has the right proportions.

I know I sound like your worst teacher, but the poster should choose the images more carefully. Don't just grab and slam it into public.....your set to get laughed at then, when something goofs up..

#26 flyby

flyby
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 09:09 AM

A bit contradictory !!
You advertize on other forums and then expect/hope that no ones to show up? :)

#27 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 05:01 PM

Killakanz,

It is impossible to tell if there is something wrong with the Sherman, because the picture itself looks distorted and has a very difficult angle to make a solid judgement.
It would be helpful if someone could up some views from ground level, or a GMAX/max view. Only then I’ll be able to tell you if it has the right proportions.

I know I sound like your worst teacher, but the poster should choose the images more carefully. Don't just grab and slam it into public.....your set to get laughed at then, when something goofs up..

well teacher, you can blame that on Tanka :)
This is what I posted :D
Posted Image

#28 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 22 October 2003 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Here's a couple of Gmax "renders" for you.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#29 tanka

tanka

title available

• Project Team
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 06:08 AM

yuk, gmax shots look ugly. but i'm reskinning the sherman and stuart in the style of the new T28.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 flyby

flyby
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 11:23 AM

This is an improvement, but for my personal taste, it looks too much like the typical Generals cartoony style...

As for the T-28....It's not proportioned correctly...
Look up more photographs so you get a 360° understanding and better feeling of the proportions.

#31 tanka

tanka

title available

• Project Team
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 11:26 AM

yeah, i think it needs to be longer.

the cartoony style is something i need to get over. i have been drawing cartoons since i was 7, which sorta explains the bright colours, lack of detail etc:- but i am getting over it (my first few skins were alot worse)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 killakanz

killakanz

Infamy!

• Hosted
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 03:15 PM

But others should be aware that there are many types of "firefly". The "firefly" was only a designation for the 76mm gun adaptation. So you can end up with slightly different looking M4's (different models), but they are all called "firefly's"....  :D

hmm, that's odd. I made the VC firefly, but the ones you posted there don't have the hull mounted machine gun, I'm sure the one I made did... :) :so:
Posted Image

#33 flyby

flyby
  • New Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 09:36 AM

There are so many variants and sub-variants of the sherman, that it isn't funny anymore... :)
And then we don't even start to talk about the naming difference between the British and USA versions. Personally, I find the Sherman sub-version tree one of the most difficult to understand...

#34 IndigoSpyder

IndigoSpyder
  • New Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 07:00 AM

Hey guys, I've seen your models and I like them, but maybe you can flatten a bit the team color polygons, they're kinda big, don't you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users