Photo

Some questiosn regarding the storyline (WARNING SPOILERS)

lets get some things clear

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Eggrollz

Eggrollz
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:52 AM

Sup?

I have a few questions regarding the Mental Omega storyline that ill appreciate it if you can answer me since the storyline seems very confusing at some points

1. In the 4th Soviet mission "Side Effect" there are some Russian units under allied control (Colored light blue). Who are they? Just some random rebels who decided to rebel randomly against Russia and join the Pacific front invasion?

2. In "Unshakable" after you infiltrate the allied battle lab it seems like you are getting 2 mysterious transmissions from 2 different people which are marked only by "???", The first one says that the Chinese are controlling the area and not the pacific front and the second one says that the Chinese are no longer there and its a trap, Who were these 2 mysterious people who sent you the transmissions?, I assume 1 of them was Norio but who was the 2nd one? Yuri?

Also who were you REALLY fighting this mission? China? Chinese rebels or Yuri?

3. In the mission "The Lunatic" where you have to destroy the Chinese rebel's Psychic Beacon why the Chinese forces keep attacking you after you destroy the beacon? I mean this mission takes place BEFORE China declared war on Russia so why the mind control free Chinese forces are hostile to you?

4. In the 5th Epsilon mission "Human Shield" why the Russian forces are hostile towards your Psi corps troopers since Psi corps at this point is still part of the Russian army -_-a

Ill be happy if someone could explain to me these things

My very own C&C channel on youtube :thumbsuphappy: : https://www.youtube....XmKDAwiw/videos

#2 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:30 AM

1. It is shown that they deflect to the Allies because "they run scared". So not a super secret illuminati faction, just some scared Soviets :p 

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#3 Eggrollz

Eggrollz
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:01 AM

1. It is shown that they deflect to the Allies because "they run scared". So not a super secret illuminati faction, just some scared Soviets :p

Ohh lol , kk I guess just missed that part out :p

My very own C&C channel on youtube :thumbsuphappy: : https://www.youtube....XmKDAwiw/videos

#4 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:24 AM

1. Ain't they a part of White Army? These were mentioned sometimes during the development, not sure this made through to the BR1.2.

3. Because Volkov and Chitzkoi have already dealt some damage to the Chinese, so they had to defend themselves and capture Volkov with Yunru.

4. Someone stole Iron Fist from the Russians, and Psi Corps were blamed so no wonder everyone wanted to kill them in Human Shield.

7fqd2Qz.png

#5 Eggrollz

Eggrollz
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

1. Ain't they a part of White Army? These were mentioned sometimes during the development, not sure this made through to the BR1.2.

3. Because Volkov and Chitzkoi have already dealt some damage to the Chinese, so they had to defend themselves and capture Volkov with Yunru.

4. Someone stole Iron Fist from the Russians, and Psi Corps were blamed so no wonder everyone wanted to kill them in Human Shield.

1. White Army?! lol wtf is the White Army? :o

3. Hmmm ok that kinda make sense

4. Iron Fist?... u mean Stallins Fist right? If so then Psi corps were only suspects in stealing the device along with the Soviet Commander (The player in the soviet campaign) who was also a suspect but you didn't see yourself getting killed right? :p

Besides that thing doesn't make any sense since few missions later you are aiding the Russians securing the Topol M's like nothing happened.

Seriously the story is cool and everything but sometimes its these little things that make it so special and all these mistakes/confusing things kinda mess things up :p

#6 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

http://en.wikipedia..../White_movement
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#7 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

1. The defenders got scared and defected, there were also remnants of the Whites in that region.
2. They're both Norio's messages and you are fighting China.
3. Well, imagine that you are a mind controlled Chinese and your mind control is broken. You "wake up" and suddenly you see a cyborg rampaging through your base and lots of already killed troops and already destroyed buildings. It's a sudden change and there was no time between destruction of the Psychic Beacon and Volkov's evacuation for these troops to be informed about what's happening. They wouldn't be informed anyway, because China never really received an information about Russia deploying their troops there.
4. PsiCorps presence was not authorized there, the Russian army does have some checks on Yuri even when he's working with them, so their commanders must always be informed about presence of PsiCorps Troopers in the area or shoot at potential rogue mind controllers. There's always a risk with such advanced technology.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#8 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

3: There's also Warranty Void. :p
4: How would a soldier spot a mind controller anyway? They don't get to see fancy mind control lines or anything like that. :p To them, they're just unauthorized personnel that has to be killed. Could be even Allied spies.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#9 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

3. In The Lunatic that base isn't under the control of China, but is under the control of Yuri (Warranty Void). When Volkov and Chitzkoi take out the Psychic Amplifier, they remove the mind control from the chinese forces..

4. It is said in the beginning of the mission that every unauthorized ppl will be killed at sight, because of there is a fight between the Allies and the Soviets and the Allies use spies.

#10 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:37 AM

In teams of "Meat Shield" it makes me wonder too if all the soviet forces were even fully aware. They were able to keep the existence of the PsiCorps and mind control tech secret up to Bad Apple. I wouldn't be suprised if the soviet forces, even if aware of the PsiCorps by then, would be able to identify their secretive operatives.

#11 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

Wait during that time the white army was still operational?Didnt the movement stoped after the second world war?

#12 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

That WWII which never happened in Mental Omega timeline? :p

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#13 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

That WWII which never happened in Mental Omega timeline? :p

Which first act takes place during the begining of RA2 which takes place on a world war 2 without hitler

And i lost track

#14 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

By your logic, WWII is still ongoing (in the lore, that is). 3.0 Act One takes the place of RA2 events.

WWII IS the Mental Omega timeline. But let's spare all the naming and reference headaches and call it the 'Mental Omega timeline'.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#15 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

What the hell?!

We shall agree that WWI happened in 1914.

Hitler got removed in 1933.

The Red Alert 1 war happened, it was also classified as a world war for some reason, so WW2 = RA1 Allies v Soviets war.

So MO war is one, two, five... ah yeah, three.... WW3.

Footnote: For some silly reason, the old internal documents referred RA1 war as Great World War 1 and this is how MO war ended up GWW2. Consistency is for the weak.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 08 December 2014 - 06:36 PM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#16 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

The Mental Omega War is not GWW2, it's GWW3.

Red Alert 1's one is GWW2.

World War I is "remembered" as GWW1 in MO timeline.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#17 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

1. The defenders got scared and defected, there were also remnants of the Whites in that region.

Wait... Whites? Being pals with the Reds? After the Russian Civil War, numerous purges from Lenin and then to Stalin that would rolfstomp a great majority of the Whites during the time period; both through brute force to deception, and the extremely opposed ideologies and hostilities between the two forces (and the 'Whites' between themselves but that is another issue).

Maybe the Gulags do solve everything (except self esteem), an ineffective mind control technique that was tested on them, and Premier Romanov using a bastardized version of a Soviet-Monarchy that appealed to these loose remnants in a 'special way', or all the above. I'm not ruling the story out entirely, I just think it was more simpler to state that they are cowards and traitors that did not put faith into an inevitable victory against the invasion from the Pacific Front. It is still interesting story though.

#18 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Wait... Whites? Being pals with the Reds? After the Russian Civil War, numerous purges from Lenin and then to Stalin that would rolfstomp a great majority of the Whites during the time period; both through brute force to deception, and the extremely opposed ideologies and hostilities between the two forces (and the 'Whites' between themselves but that is another issue).

Maybe the Gulags do solve everything (except self esteem), an ineffective mind control technique that was tested on them, and Premier Romanov using a bastardized version of a Soviet-Monarchy that appealed to these loose remnants in a 'special way', or all the above. I'm not ruling the story out entirely, I just think it was more simpler to state that they are cowards and traitors that did not put faith into an inevitable victory against the invasion from the Pacific Front. It is still interesting story though.

Most of the whites fled Russia after Lenin and Trotsky won the civil war and repelled the intervention forces. They knew quite well what was coming for them. As far as I know the white symphatizers were mostly legitimists and were among richer of the society at that time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users