Photo

[C&C3KW] Random disconnections, out of sync

help disconnections kanes wrath command and conquer 3

Best Answer ToxicShock, 24 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

99% of the time, Out of Sync errors and funny problems like that are cured by reinstalling the game. I suggest that your friend does that. Also, if you are using the 1.02+ map packs, those were updated a couple of days ago. Having a mismatch of those across the players in the game will most likely cause an Out of Sync error. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Angryon

Angryon
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:48 AM

I have read the how-to thread.

Game version is the normal version for all players, bought from Steam. Launcher's up to date.

My friend who seems to be the problem utilizes Windows 7.

We get two errors, and we believe it to be coming from one player in the game that we often play with. The info above is based around him, and we are in a party of 4 players.

In the lobby, my friend will get randomly disconnected with the error "You have been disconnected from Kane's Wrath." or something along those lines. In the game, two errors might happen; one, a menu will pop up announcing that he has disconnected. Sometimes it doesn't show up for everyone until someone leaves.

Other times, we will get a "Kane's Wrath is out of Sync" error, disconnecting everyone.

It's very debilitating and making this game near unplayable.

The only changing of my friend's game we have done is deleting the Options.ini file which recovered itself upon launching KW again. There's no GameSpyAddress line and all the firewall things seem to be in place. I'll have the whole file available tomorrow. I couldn't find the multiplayer logs.

Thank you.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:43 AM   Best Answer

99% of the time, Out of Sync errors and funny problems like that are cured by reinstalling the game. I suggest that your friend does that. Also, if you are using the 1.02+ map packs, those were updated a couple of days ago. Having a mismatch of those across the players in the game will most likely cause an Out of Sync error.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 Angryon

Angryon
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

Reinstalling didn't seem to work, unless you want him to delete the whole game and not just uninstall through Steam.

Apparently his game is up to date (according to the launcher, which the thread said to use to update the map packs)

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:31 PM

By reinstalling we always mean getting rid of the whole game to the last trace.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users