Photo

Mental Omega News Bulletin #4 (24/11/2014)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

"Welcome back Proselytes, did you know Red Alert 2 is now 14 years old? Long live Red Alert 2!
Stand by for battlefield update. The enemy is sending secret
messages we have yet to understand."

news_mission.png

If there is one mission that epitomizes a recurring theme in the Act Two missions, it would be..

Operation: Divergence

mission_divergence1sm.jpg

mission_divergence2sm.jpg mission_divergence3sm.jpg

After the impossible team-up of Allied and Soviet heroes and the establishment of (almost) every hero's presence in Act One, you'd think more of these missions would happen and that we'd even step up our game and make a mission which features 3 heroes of a side. Your predictions are right and that will happen. That's all I'll say for now about heroes teaming up.

Operation: Divergence is an important milestone in the Epsilon's quest for world domination. The still-fighting Soviets managed to find a device which is crucial to Yuri's plans, so both Rahn and Malver are sent to Germany to retrieve it. The mission combines a strike force micro-management type mission with standard base building and base-vs-base gameplay. Be prepared to face more than just one enemy in Act Two base building missions though.

news_maps.png

news_maps_preview_2411.jpg

Map Preview #9: (2) Casual Encounter (snow; "Islands" map pool) by Speeder
Map Preview #10: (2) Nevada Valley (temperate; standard map pool) by Toveena
Map Preview #11: (4) Kool Party (snow; standard map pool) by Toveena

As you can see, we've remade some fun Red Alert 3 maps just like we did in the past with such maps as '(2) Industrial Strength' and '(3) Pyroclasm'. This time, the map pool has expanded with remakes of '(2) Casual Encounter', available in the Islands game mode, and '(4) Kool Party'. Both of the maps take place in the snow theater and force players to rely on amphibious/naval forces. Because, you know, water. '(2) Nevada Valley' is one of those maps that proves how important the high ground really is.

news_workshop.png

Lots of players have been complaining about the inability to tell which units detect stealth objects, especially after getting their entire armies destroyed by Malver alone. Since I understand most of you don't read the instructions or anything from our detailed Factions section which contains all the important information, I've decided to make this specific information clear seen on the cameo itself.

If there is any other information which you think should be included on a cameo, write about it. 

item_sensoricons.jpg
Borillo: amphibious + stealth detection

news_ares.png

Here's something I've been experimenting with to get rid of the Firestorm.Wall tag on the EMP Mine, because reasons. After seeing a certain post on PPM, I was inspired to use Ares' UnitDelivery and AutoFire options on super weapons to allow the placement of multiple structures at the same time. This is the first contender and a likely keeper: the EMP Mines. Once you build them, you will have to place a 1x1 structure, around which 5 EMP Mines will be spawned at the free cells. Units can still go over these thanks to the new IsPassable tag.

item_empmines.jpg

news_blast.png

This is semi-related to Ares technology, but I am yet to see a mod which uses custom tesla bolts combined with extended prism support to create a new version of 'Prism Forwarding: The Movie'. Maybe I should work on a sequel myself.. How to achieve this in game? Read the Ares documentation first!

news_contribute.png

If you'd like to help develop Mental Omega further, write an e-mail to mental.omega.apyr@gmail.com
Right now we're in need of additional Voxel Artists, 3D Artists, Mission Scripters and Voice Actors.
Single contributions are welcome.

news_follow.png
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_ds.pngbt_tch.pngbt_right.png
controlmore.png

Edited by Zenothist, 01 December 2014 - 08:59 PM.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

That mic turned out to be a good buy ultimately. Nice job, "Tyrant", nice job.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 24 November 2014 - 09:51 PM.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#3 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:35 PM

Oh crap, we have to plough through all THAT with 5 units?

#4 Seoras

Seoras
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Projects:Many many things....
  •  Voice Actor for Hire

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:20 PM

That mic turned out to be a good buy ultimately. Nice job, "Tyrant", nice job.

I indeed agree about the mic being a good purchase, although......nobody has ever called me a "Tyrant" before I must admit.  ^_^

#5 DesertRose

DesertRose
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

news_workshop.png

Lots of players have been complaining about the inability to tell which units detect stealth objects, especially after getting their entire armies destroyed by Malver alone. Since I understand most of you don't read the instructions or anything from our detailed Factions section which contains all the important information, I've decided to make this specific information clear seen on the cameo itself.

If there is any other information which you think should be included on a cameo, write about it. 

item_sensoricons.jpg
Borillo: amphibious + stealth detection

Units that are invisible on the enemy's radar.

Symbol could be a radar station inside a prohibition sign (1) (2).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users