Photo

unable to launch zero hour

Best Answer ryandonovan87, 03 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

Unistalling bitdefender works. Its a shame but. You just have to reinstall it after playing. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 ROCKET26

ROCKET26
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:38 AM

I have installed and taken all the appropriate steps and continue to get unable to launch. I followed the trouble shooting guide and changed the registry and it still didn't work. However I downloaded the gen tool as suggested in the trouble guide and I was able to play outside of the C&C ONLINE LAUNCHER. I was able to play a friend who used the launcher so we were on the same server but my game lost sound and blacked out every 5 minutes or so. Also the gen tool menus kept popping up which was annoying. So i deleted gen tool and uninstalled completely and now I am getting unable to launch again. Is there any way to address my issue without adding gen tool which seems to make gameplay miserable. I had no issues w the origin online when we all played last year. All  of us are going to get on and register here but we need to be clear on how to resolve this. Thanks. 

#2 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

Don't use the C&C:Online launcher for Generals and Zero Hour. Use GenTool instead.

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

Yep, the new directive for playing Generals and Zero Hour on C&C:Online is to use GenTool, not our launcher. We just haven't updated the website yet. GenTool does not make gameplay miserable unless you like cheating. ;)

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

I have installed and taken all the appropriate steps and continue to get unable to launch. I followed the trouble shooting guide and changed the registry and it still didn't work. However I downloaded the gen tool as suggested in the trouble guide and I was able to play outside of the C&C ONLINE LAUNCHER. I was able to play a friend who used the launcher so we were on the same server but my game lost sound and blacked out every 5 minutes or so. Also the gen tool menus kept popping up which was annoying. So i deleted gen tool and uninstalled completely and now I am getting unable to launch again. Is there any way to address my issue without adding gen tool which seems to make gameplay miserable. I had no issues w the origin online when we all played last year. All  of us are going to get on and register here but we need to be clear on how to resolve this. Thanks. 

Sounds like you are using a maphack. GenTool is not compatible with that kind of software. You will have to choose between cheat or GenTool.

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#5 ROCKET26

ROCKET26
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

I am not using any maphacks that I am aware of. I am not sure what a map hack is. Is that an unofficial map? because I do have some unofficial maps. At any rate I deleted everything and uninstalled everything to start fresh and I used an uninstaller tool to get rid of all the leftovers and at some point I made a grievous error because now I get this when i go to launch the game.. 

Windows cannot find 'C:/Program Files(x86)/Origin Games/Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour/Generals.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correcctly, and then try again.

ANY HELP. Thanks for your replies and consideration. 

#6 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

CAREFULLY read the following threads:

(How to report issues & Common Issues & Solutions)

#7 ROCKET26

ROCKET26
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

None of these solutions are working. I cant even patch because it is stating missing or invalid registry. frustrated. 

#8 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

Then you aren't running something or another as administrator, which may have led to missing or faulty registry files.

#9 ROCKET26

ROCKET26
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:49 PM

ok thanks wolf I will look into that direction. Would it be easier to just buy another copy and download? Im not real proficient w back end data like this on comp, less hassle to spend the money and get a new copy if it will fix my issue. 

#10 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

Why would you get a new copy if you already have a digital one whose 99% of problems is already known?

#11 ROCKET26

ROCKET26
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

system restore got me back good to go as far as the game offline is concerned. Now just need to re-link to online. hopefully good to go there as well. 

#12 ryandonovan87

ryandonovan87
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

G'day, I apply to this issue

- I bought the games on Origin and the C&C:Online launcher keeps saying the installation cannot be found. Or: You can not login.

Solution 1 (Generals & Zero Hour):

1) Install the fixed launchers (applicable only if you have the Ultimate Collection via Origin) DOWNLOAD
2) Install GenTool (can be installed if you have Origin versions / retail versions)
3) Play!

I bought the Ultimate Collection via Origin, downloaded the Revora launcher and get the message "Zero hour installation not found"
I installed the fixed launchers, am I then meant to install GenTool as well? I have no idea what the fixed launcher does, it didn't seem to do anything.
Sorry if this is really n00b.
Hope the solution is easy, sorry for the trouble. 

Edited by ryandonovan87, 28 December 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#13 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

Install the fixed launchers, then install GenTool, then log in.

#14 ryandonovan87

ryandonovan87
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

probably the dumbest thing you've ever heard but wtf is gentool and where do I get it?
Sorry bruh, I'm 27 and technology deficient 

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:09 PM

Surely not so technologically deficient that you have yet to discover the mystic powers of the Google?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GenTool

#16 ryandonovan87

ryandonovan87
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

Ok I did that, then I open Origin back up, go to the game, open Zero hour and then it gives me a DirectX Error. "Please make sure you have DirectX 8.1 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements."

Is that because I'm running Windows 7? Its all up to date.

Man... sorry to be so painful ay.

#17 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Try installing DirectX 9. It is backwards compatible with DirectX 8; Microsoft Download.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#18 ryandonovan87

ryandonovan87
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

And when that doesn't work whats next?

#19 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

Some systems don't seem to like that installer, so you can try this: http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109

Edited by Plokite_Wolf, 29 December 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#20 ryandonovan87

ryandonovan87
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

just so I'm 100% sure, once I have all these, am I meant to launch the game through origin, or your (c&c online) launcher or the fixed launcher - that you told me to download (even though I have no idea where to open it from/have no idea what the fixed launcher did)

?? :smilehuh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users