Photo

widescreen

help widescreen

Best Answer MattTheLegoman, 11 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

_WSMaps.big Fixes the maps. You must change the resolution in Options.ini in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth Files

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dekislash

dekislash
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

Hi guys,i rly have problem...i play BFME 1 on my dell laptop,i patch to 1.06 and use widescreen fix,but nothing help,pls can u tell me what to do,sry for my english,and if this not place to post this kind of quest,im new :)

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

Hello!

What exactly is your problem? Can you show me a screenshot of your installation directory (Program Files/EA Games/The Battle for Middle Earth/) to see which files are in there?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 dekislash

dekislash
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

hi ty for fast replay,my problem is that i cant play on full screen its like i play in one square and black all around,here is screenshot from folder

1.PNG

2.PNG

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

On a first look this seems to be okay, can you post a screenshot of the problem as well?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#5 MagusVerborum

MagusVerborum
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

Hi,

I am having the exact same "problem" that I have placed the widescreen patch file (_WSMaps.big) in my folder where it says to (I have installed 1.03, 1.05, and the launcher with 1.06 beforehand) but the game does not give me the option to change my resolution beyond the original options. There is no error screen, no crash or anything like that, there simply is no discernable difference between having the widescreen fix implemented and having it not there at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would really like to play this really awesome game in glorious widescreen! With no black borders!

Regards MagusVerborum.

Edited by MagusVerborum, 11 January 2015 - 02:35 AM.

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:40 AM   Best Answer

_WSMaps.big Fixes the maps. You must change the resolution in Options.ini in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth Files

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#7 MagusVerborum

MagusVerborum
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

Thank you very much for the swift help, I should have expected I had to do that. I'm not a frequent modder so as this was not explicitly stated, I didn't realize. 

Regards, MagusVerborum.

#8 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

'tis what we do. 

Have fun playing!