• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

Hi guys,

It's been quite a while since I've played BFME online on the Revora server. It's really good to see the activity picking up the past few weeks, there is about 30 people playing BFME and about nearly the same playing BFME2 each evening and once stats and ladders go live, I'm pretty sure the activity will increase even more :)

Which brings me to my next point. I love different types of games, RTS games being one of them. BFME is probably my favourite RTS of all time. When the game was released back in 2004, I didn't have a proper PC nor internet connection at that stage that could handle the game well. My main problem is, I want to play online, but 90% of everyone playing are either veterans or pros. Most of the time I'm too scared to join a game and the first thing I say is that "I'm a noob" or "not that good" and sometimes people ask me to leave.

How can I improve my game to become better and have enough confidence to play online against people? This is basically the case with any RTS game. I love playing against the AI with people, but the majority of people are not into comp stomping. Speaking of comp stomping, I struggle to beat the AI on Medium or above, so I guess I should start by trying to win the AI first before trying to play against people? Another thing, I also turtle when playing RTS games and I think that might be my biggest fault. 

Can anyone perhaps give me a few pointers on how to play aggressive, which map(s) should I focus on first to improve on and lastly, how not to turtle, lol.

Looking forward to the advice and comments :)

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

Fords of Isen is a popular map, map control is important (no turtle) and build up your single player game.

Importantly, ask the pros to teach you, they are sure to want to show off their skill. You can also find replays of online games.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Rider of Rohan

Rider of Rohan

The Lazy Modder

• Division Leaders
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring and the HD Editions
  •  Mathijs' Bug fix expert
  • Job:T3A Leader

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

Replays are a great way to learn as Matt said. You could simply ask a pro to tutor you like I did :p.

99dxc486ltde132zg.jpgh5je9noaofg3o26zg.jpg

No parent should have to bury their child - King Theoden

#4 StoneCold

StoneCold
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for the advice Matt, will do that.

Rider of Rohan, I replied to your pm :)

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

If I'm online, we can play. I'm pretty bad and willing to show you why!

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#6 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  • Projects:Bring people on the server
  •  God of N00b

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Just join the cw league and look replay

1429631591-post-551-1229971820.jpg
"Certainly award of the noob..."

#7 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

Keep asking online, most people are more than happy to explain a few things. Focus on only a few things at a time and try to make them better next match ;).

You can ask me when we meet online but you still won't be able to beat experts after that ;)

And read the content of http://forums.revora...-and-mentoring/

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#8 Osserc

Osserc
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

i can't find any games to join or people to play with...bummer.

#9 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

hmm, I fear you are having a bad time-zone for most people ;) At the moment there are 20+ people online.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#10 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

even 30 sometime :)

#11 p00ky

p00ky
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

Just got game here, on europe time GMT+1 and only 1 person online.

When is the most traffic?

Regards

Edited by p00ky, 24 February 2015 - 05:39 PM.

#12 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

Hello p00ky and welcome!

Most activity is during GMT evenings, depending on who is kicking the night off ;)

#13 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

Still no stat...... ? QuickMatch..... ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users