Photo

Balance issue: BTL-S8 K-wing

2 replies to this topic

#1 w13510n

w13510n
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

In Version 1.2, when i play Galactic Conquest, after having built up a huge fleet with many, many, many Star Destroyers, Praetors etc. the Rebel Alliance starts to build hundreds of BTL-S8 K-wing squadrons. They are severely overpowered, for example if i try to hunt them down with 50 T/D squadrons + 50 DX-9 squadrons (both should be the "weak spots" of the K-Wing), i can destroy approx. 5 K-Wing squadrons out of 150, while losing all of my T/D and DX-9. I have no idea how i still could win this savegame, since those hundreds of K-Wing squadrons not only overpower easily all of my T/D, DX-9 as well Preybirds, they also bomb my Battleships (starting from Cruisers, Dreadnoughts up to Star Destroyers up to Praetor and SSD's as well Eclipse) and Space Stations away if they were made of glass. Please take this very annoying issue into consideration for v1.3 - which i am awaiting impatiently :)

The choices of one shape the futures of all - Jedi saying

#2 Aizen Teppa

Aizen Teppa
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

It will be addressed in 1.3 - search older threads, reported many, many times. At the moment you can do what I did. Put high pop cap on all fighters (for both sides) and AI will stop building them. Will start spam Nebulons, CC and others. Still frigates&corvettes are far easier to deal than 500 K-wings, Skiprays or ATR shuttles.

#3 a.fake.name

a.fake.name

title available

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:44 AM

You faced a swarm of craft better armed for snubcraft combat (in the current PR build anyway), of course you got your ass kicked.

Proton torpedoes do not target snubcraft, meaning your ships had energy weapons only to bring to that fight.

Also, those ships were foward firing only, which further limits you, whereas the K-Wings have missiles AND turreted lasers, both of which do heavy damage to your forces, the turrets continually as long as they're in range, and every 60 seconds the K-Wings fire their missiles, doing even more damage.

Spam skiprays and TIE Avengers, toss in some heavily upgraded sentinal landing craft as well for their ion cannon turret and missile spam, as that will further weaken the K-Wings.

Past that, just spam Skiprays and post them to block routes off.

edit: Also, don't rely on the strength/weakness part of the infocard, the weapons on the ship are the true determiner of what works against what best.

Edited by a.fake.name, 11 March 2015 - 10:50 PM.

Playing PR when stoned is awesome

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users