• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

The Blue Wizard Mod is a BFME 1 modification and adds a new playable faction, Elves, to the game. It also enhances the original factions with additions and changes the gameplay. It has a lot of similarities to the Elvenstar Mod 5.5 - 5.8 series, the first mod I've ever played and the mod that motivated me to get into modding myself. As I and many others have problems getting the old versions installed (and the mod itself was buggy at times), I decided to make my own mod, using similar elements of the mod I loved to play back in the day combined with my own ideas (and in English language as a base). After Elves are finished, I'm aiming to go for at least one more faction. Ai is planned for all new factions.

The mod is processing very well at this point. I have to thank Mathijs, who has made the effort of creating a functional Elven castle for this mod and therefore accelerating the development progress immensely. I have added Celeborn as a new playable hero for Elves, and just finished my first structure, the Elven farm. Click the spoiler to view the newly created Elven farm structure, and it's Level 1-3 states. The second image covers the new Elven horn image.

Spoiler

I intended to dedicate the first update thread of this forum to the new Elven castle, but since it's not finished yet, it will be covered in one of the next updates.

Constructive critism and feedback is always welcome! :)

Edited by Echo, 28 January 2015 - 06:15 PM.

26285.png

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

Nice images :p

Nice farm, although I advise possibly just not having a fence for the level 1 structure, it looks kind of strange :p

And maybe for the level 3 add a extra building in it or something... To be honest the first few seconds of me looking at the image, I thought i was looking at the same thing from 3 slightly different angles :xd:

Ridder Geel

#3 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

Nice images :p

Nice farm, although I advise possibly just not having a fence for the level 1 structure, it looks kind of strange :p

And maybe for the level 3 add a extra building in it or something... To be honest the first few seconds of me looking at the image, I thought i was looking at the same thing from 3 slightly different angles :xd:

Mhmm yeah maybe I should add something more to the level 3 farm, even though I like the way it looks right now. :p

And for the level 1 strucutre... initially I wanted to have the fence appear on level 2, but without fence it looked just horrible and definitely more strange than with fence. Gondor/Rohan farms also have small fences on level 1. I will see what I can do for the level 3 structure. :)

26285.png

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Needs a tree!

No fuel left for the pilgrims