#1 Zero_S4

Zero_S4
  • Banned
  • 48 posts
  • Projects:MEE
  •  Modification Leader

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

Hello!

It is my pleasure to announce the first official first release for stand alone mod The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth Expanded

rohanrelease.jpg

80271.png

Installation Instructions
--------------------------------------------

1. Download the MEEmodCD.rar
  2. Download the MEEinstall.exe
  3. Check to make sure you have BFME2 /w Patch 1.06 installed
  4. Insert or Mount your ROTWK CD (if you have the ROTWK CD skip to step 7)
  5. Extract the MEEmodCD.rar and Mount the CD using Daemon Tools or an equivalent application
  6. Once it is Mounted correctly you can now play the Modded Game
  7. Click one of the two shortcuts placed on your desktop! Regular or Windowed Version

Playing Issues?
If your having autodefeat bugs or other bugs please try the solutions below

• Check your appdata folder to make sure the folder "My The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth Expanded Files" exists with a file called options.ini inside. If it doesnt exist then create the folder and options.ini.
  • Go to the Games Installation Directory and inside the Support folder run the copyregistrykey.vbs
  • If it still does not work after this then please download and install the Add to VBS File Context Menu from here: Sevenforums.com and then go to the support folder right click it and press run as administrator.
  • If your running windows 8 and you get a Windows 8 SmartScreen Error please do what this site says.

Click here to download the ultimate fixer if none of the solutions above work.

Known Issues

• Rohan Royal Guards - Mounted Switch Weapons - Dismount Model Glitch

Whats new?

• Complete Rohan Faction
  • Completely new artwork and updated models for the Rohan Faction
  • New shader graphics to make it seem a little less dim and little more vibrant
  • Men renamed to Gondor

Not Included

• Arnor
  • Balancing Changes
  • Rohan AI

Credits

• HD Patch - RiderOfRohan + Mathijs
  • Shaders - Ceejay.dk
  • Coding - Zero_S4 + RidderGeel
  • Models and other Misc Items - RiderOfRohan + RidderGeel
  • Edain Mod - Rohan Builder

Edited by Zero_S4, 03 February 2015 - 01:36 AM.
Added the Fixer

#2 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:52 AM

Awesome. I'll post about it on our FB page.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#3 Zero_S4

Zero_S4
  • Banned
  • 48 posts
  •  Modification Leader

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:55 AM

Thanks! Hopefully I can gain some more exposure. :)

#4 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

This a mod of the ROTWK expansion right?

#5 Zero_S4

Zero_S4
  • Banned
  • 48 posts
  •  Modification Leader

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

it is a stand alone modification like the RC mod. Essentially the way you play it after installation is either have the ROTWK disc in (note doesnt mean you need ROTWK installed) or via the Mod CD being mounted with Daemon Tools.

#6 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

So, I can have this stand alone modification " Middle-earth Expanded - Rohan Release", with also the edain mod of the ROTWK and play the both in the same PC (of course not at the same time)? 

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:29 PM

Zero said that it is a stand alone modification and it doesn't mess with the vanilla game files. =p

Ped - Does the Edain mod change or add files in the Battle for Middle-earth II game files directory?

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 04 February 2015 - 12:30 PM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#8 Zero_S4

Zero_S4
  • Banned
  • 48 posts
  •  Modification Leader

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

Thank you Matt.

Also, If I'm not mistake Edain only adds files to the ROTWK directory. And since that is the case you should not have any issues playing both :)

Edited by Zero_S4, 04 February 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#9 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

Yep. I think the edain mod only add files in the ROTWK diretory.

In the istallation instructions it says this:
"Installation Instructions

1- Download the MEEmodCD.rar
2- Download the MEEinstall.exe
3- Check to make sure you have BFME2 /w Patch 1.06 installed
4- Check to make sure you have ROTWK /w Patch 2.01 installed
5- Insert or Mount your ROTWK CD (if you have the ROTWK cd skip to step 8)
6- Extract the MEEmodCD.rar and Mount the CD using Daemon Tools or an equivalent application
7- Once it is Mounted correctly you can now play the Modded Game8- Click one of the two shortcuts placed on your desktop! Regular or Windowed Version"

How can I insert/mount two images in the daemon tolls? BEcause it says that i need to have the both images mounted, the ROTWK and the MEEmodCD?

#10 Zero_S4

Zero_S4
  • Banned
  • 48 posts
  •  Modification Leader

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

Nope you only need one or the other :) the mod cd is for people who don't own rotwk. It's called a mini-image and basically mimics what an rotwk CD would do

#11 pedrodavidpinto

pedrodavidpinto
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

My last question, and I'm sorry for posting so many questions.

To install this mod I only have to run this file MEEinstall.exe ritgh?

#12 Zero_S4

Zero_S4
  • Banned
  • 48 posts
  •  Modification Leader

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

Correct. And it's no problem at all

Edited by Zero_S4, 04 February 2015 - 02:04 PM.

#13 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:14 AM

Hiya, I have some bugs to report. I enjoyed playing Rohan in RoTWK, I even beat a medium enemy (a challenge for me). =p I'm really excited for future releases.

I have some observations/bugs:

• Units do not come out of the Rohan Archery range correctly, they should go straight until they have reached the end of the door and not go through the wall.
  • Gamling cannot capture flags, no icon comes up when he is selected and the mouse is hovering over a flag.
  • Gamling is Boromir. =p (voice)
  • The last upgrade for the Rohan fortress seems a bit underpowered. I didn't see much use in it as compared to other faction's last upgrade for their fortresses. Is the fear map-wide?
  • There is only one external upgrade for the Rohan fortress. But I'm sure you have big plans to expand the Rohan faction past what was seen in BfME I.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#14 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the bug report Matt! :p Once my artist completes the skins for the new arnor buildings I should be able to get some content out!

--

Response:

Units do not come out of the Rohan Archery range correctly, they should go straight until they have reached the end of the door and not go through the wall.

Aye, a light bug I think. Shouldn't be hard to fix, but hey I could be wrong!

Gamling cannot capture flags, no icon comes up when he is selected and the mouse is hovering over a flag.

I forget to test flags! I realized it after the release so thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Gamling is Boromir. =p (voice)

Yes, I had him with Eomers voice for awhile but decided against it. I need a voice actor or I need to ask someone for their voices.

The last upgrade for the Rohan fortress seems a bit underpowered. I didn't see much use in it as compared to other faction's last upgrade for their fortresses. Is the fear map-wide?

Aye, it is suppose to underpowered compared to the rest of the faction. Once you have 2 Cloudbreaks one can be used offensively and one could be used defensively. Im trying to balance this out... Hmmmm

There is only one external upgrade for the Rohan fortress. But I'm sure you have big plans to expand the Rohan faction past what was seen in BfME I.

Yes, I was going to get the hub sorted for the first release but it was  giving me issues and I was eager to have a release! :p

Edited by Elric, 25 February 2015 - 09:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users