Photo

C&C Kane's Wrath online game connection problems.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 paddyninja

paddyninja
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

Hi, my friend and i were trying to play on Kane's wrath and when we created a game and both joined, we were unable to start the match due to connection problems, neither of us were fully connected so i tried troubleshooting with the help of the forums and nothing seemed to work.

NOW THE MAIN PROBLEM: The last thing we tried was installing the launcher fix because we both have the Ultimate pack, once installed we both had the problem of not being able to log in at all. Now an hour has gone by and i can't even open any of the C&C games but my friend can still open his but not log in. 

Repaired game within origin works like it should now, only problem now is getting connection. 

If anyone has had the same problem and there is an answer could you please let me know and link me too it, Thanks you. 

Edited by paddyninja, 05 February 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

You seem to be online now, so I take it that this problem is fixed?

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 paddyninja

paddyninja
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

You seem to be online now, so I take it that this problem is fixed?

No, unfortunately. I repaired the game so i can get back into it though i still cant get connection to play an online match with anyone. I'm not very good at ip orientated problems so im not sure how to change ip or other things like that to make it work.    

#4 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

@toxicshock we managed to undo the error we made which was stopping us from logining in and now we are back to the first problem which is we cant start a game together due to connection now we have both reset modems and ports and all that funky stuff but the issue still stand we have both also argued amongest each other and looked in the forums but we still cant seem to find a solution any help would be apprecatied

#5 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

Have you tried setting a static port in Options->Settings->Network (say 16000) and then setting your routers to Port Forward to that?    Alternatively, you could each set your computers as the DMZ on your routers.    I suggest disabling Windows Firewall temporarily, to see if that helps too.

#6 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

Bare with me mate i'm a xbox live player slowly switching to pc gaming i've opened KW (kane wrath) now i went options then settings then network its got one box with my ip then the other box is empty what am i to do

#7 paddyninja

paddyninja
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:18 AM

Have you tried setting a static port in Options->Settings->Network (say 16000) and then setting your routers to Port Forward to that?    Alternatively, you could each set your computers as the DMZ on your routers.    I suggest disabling Windows Firewall temporarily, to see if that helps too.

Thanks we'll try that, all i did last time was open a individual port for C&C.

#8 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

Thanks we'll try that, all i did last time was open a individual port for C&C.

What he said ill get him to show me how then we will get back to you in it works out :)

#9 paddyninja

paddyninja
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:46 AM

We've tried porting to 16000 and disabling our firewalls, but still nothing. It seemed to work the littlest bit because the connect would go green half a second then straight to no connection. Unfortunately my patients has run dry for now. I will take all advice and try it when i get it but i guess this game is meant to be a single player game for us. Thanks for your help!  

#10 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:48 AM

We've tried porting to 16000 and disabling our firewalls, but still nothing. It seemed to work the littlest bit because the connect would go green half a second then straight to no connection. Unfortunately my patients has run dry for now. I will take all advice and try it when i get it but i guess this game is meant to be a single player game for us. Thanks for your help!  

Myself on the other hand will not surrender i want to play online so any other ideas to help us would be greatly apprecated

#11 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Hold on. Are you two playing from the same internet connection? Can either of you successfully connect with players other than each other?

#12 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Hold on. Are you two playing from the same internet connection? Can either of you successfully connect with players other than each other?

We are in different states so different internet connections as for connecting with other player we cant seem to do that ether we can join game lobbies with other and each other but as for actually playing no cause we cant seem to connect despite our internet being fine i mean hell we play other game not CnC related fine

#13 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

What other games to you play (so I can see what ports they using)?

#14 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

What other games to you play (so I can see what ports they using)?

We use to play age of empires from gameranger and i think paddy now plays starcraft online ill let him know so he can fill you if on ports and stuff his the tech smart guy not me i just want to play online lol

#15 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

Can you take out the static port (the 16000) and leave that blank, then forward this whole range 8088-65535 for UDP to your computers and try that?

#16 paddyninja

paddyninja
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

Can you take out the static port (the 16000) and leave that blank, then forward this whole range 8088-65535 for UDP to your computers and try that?

Unfortunately i have already tried porting to the C&C KW range, didn't end up helping. 

#17 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Alright so is this what you wanted me to do i changed my port digits on the TCP and the UCP to 8088 - 65535 i would post a picture but i got no idea how haha is this what you wanted me to do ?

#18 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

I want to you set your router or modem to forward those UDP ports to your computer on your home network.

#19 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

so do what i just did but on the home pc instead of the laptop ?

#20 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

so do what i just did but on the home pc instead of the laptop ?

To which ever computer you want to play on.

There are a couple more things you can try.

1) Disable Origin In-game.

2) Run the games "as Administrator". That can cure player to player connection issues (for a reason not understood by me).

3) Re install Bibber's Fixed launchers. Origin Update might remove them. That is more likely to stop you getting online altogether though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users