6 replies to this topic

#1 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

Got a view odd questions so here goes

1. Are there many good laptop players on CnC KW

2. I'm looking to upgrade to a PC but i have no idea whats good in the way of gaming as i came from console

3. Does anyone use a mouse with their laptop? if so how does it go playing CnC KW?

4. Whats the CnC community like is it a friendly one or a toxic banter and hate filled one like competive gaming on xbox?

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hey Cobra.

1. I would imagine so.

2. There are lots of options.  AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards are usually the best options, with at least a processor from the 21st century.  My hardware is about 5 years old, and it can still play MOST things on max settings.  I think someone else can help you more with that.

3. When I used a laptop, I did.  The pad on those things usually wear out easily, or for cases like me, don't work at all.  For an RTS like KW, a mouse will make your life so much easier.  Track pads are awkward to navigate with at times.

4. Welcome to the wonderful world of PC internet.  I'm not going to lie and say it's all peaches, but it's much more reasonable and mature around here at Revora. Mostly.  The C&C Community, and the rest.  I think you'll find it much more relaxing than the god awful Xbox fan communities.

#3 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:29 AM

1. Any Good Gaming Laptop from Late 2010-13 should be enough.

2. AMD or Nvidia as Pas said.

3. If you are playing games on a laptop you are doing something wrong.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:46 AM

There's nothing wrong with playing games on a laptop.  Especially an older RTS game that will run perfectly fine on one.  I used to only have an old HP laptop to play Red Alert 2, and it worked fine.   I certainly promote the laptop over the cell phone, if we're talking socially detestable platforms for gaming. 

#5 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

I to love laptops for playing, they are like a portable gaming console. Imagine a DS blown up with loads of keys!  I started modding on a laptop but once I wanted to start making bigger mods and playing bigger mods i needed the extra power..

If you have the budget, due to many high end laptops nowadays not being customized after being bought you should just splurge on a single device that you know will last for years. An example (not for gaming) would be a macbook pro. I went with the highest end model a year ago almost because I will be using it for web/graphic design as well as modding on the windows side and playing the latest games. I also wanted something that I knew would be durable and have a high battery life etc.

Many factors play into what laptop to get but the main one is, budget. If you really want to splurge then do it but keep in mind it will be expensive and you will have to use it for years to come (most likely).

--

Dedicated Graphics is a must for playing games

Games like Minecraft are very CPU/RAM intensive.

RTS games dont need a quad core CPU to run but if your going for the best quality and performance as well as the ability to play some newer games then eh hard to say

SSD vs HD. SSD - Super fast but not a lot of hard drive space, if you want to fit more games then get something that is either a hybrid or just go with a standard HD.

--

Anyways, the choice is yours. Have fun :p

#6 IXIDeathCobra

IXIDeathCobra
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:46 PM

So Dimitery suggested me get a mouse as i could become fairly good so ive gotten a wireless mouse now all i need is a actually pc haha

#7 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

I would agree on that being the next big step to plug that mouse in... certainly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users