• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Zorakun

Zorakun
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:15 PM

Hello everyone

there is that thing when you select a structure/building and you press CTRL+Number, it's like setting the "Number" as a shortcut to the building, and when you press that button, it selects the building

I found a trick...a bug...or whatever you wanna call it

with that thing you can build any structure without spending resources or time...

REMOVED THE BUG TO PREVENT IT BEING USED

here is a video that shows that, so I'm asking how can I disable that CTRL+Number thingy to prevent that...it gets used as a cheat, even if there is a way to disable it for the porter only, that would prevent it.

REMOVED VIDEO

Note: this bug does not exist on the 1.06 version of the game, but for some reason I don't wanna use the 1.06

any help would be appreciated

thanks.

Edited by Zorakun, 08 March 2015 - 04:33 PM.

#2 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  • Projects:Bring people on the server
  •  God of N00b

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

I will be clear, if you use 1.00 like all retard of 1.00 community that your issue.

1.00 is the patch the most unbalanced and bugged of the game if you don't want to transit to 1.06 who is better but still unblanced it's good for you, or like a smart player and like all the player who play on the server you should just play 1.08 like 99% of people on the server.

1.00.....................<1.06<1.08

gl hf for your issue i play with shortcut building etc etc and i never got this issue.

PS:I have the solution to your issue.

PS²: you press "h" and you got your fortress

Edited by Xelenos, 05 February 2015 - 10:07 PM.

1429631591-post-551-1229971820.jpg
"Certainly award of the noob..."

#3 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

I will be clear, if you use 1.00 like all retard of 1.00 community that your issue.

1.00 is the patch the most unbalanced and bugged of the game if you don't want to transit to 1.06 who is better but still unblanced it's good for you, or like a smart player and like all the player who play on the server you should just play 1.08 like 99% of people on the server.

1.00.....................<1.06<1.08

gl hf for your issue i play with shortcut building etc etc and i never got this issue.

Hey, woah, we don't insult each other here for making mistakes, okay? Yes, 1.00 is buggy, but that's the point of subsequent patches, to fix the problems. If this someone for whatever reason doesn't wish to use any updates, that's their choice, and we can only encourage them to update. Don't use foul language against them, we will not tolerate it.

Out of interest, Zorakun, why don't you wish to use the later released versions?

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#4 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

Okay okay bettie i'm sorry, i was rude but i knowed it, just my hate about 1.00 people

#5 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:34 PM

Xelenos and probably Irene, totally uncalled for posts. =p

Zorakun, I had a look at the .big file for BfME II patch 1.01 and 1.03 and the installation notes for all the patches and I cannot find any clues about what they did to fix this bug. What I do recommend is extracting the ini.big file and finding if there is a way to change hotkeys and changing or deleting the ctrl hotkey. Someone else may need to correct me on this as I have never tried editing the hotkeys.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#6 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

hotkey can be changed, and i repeat myself for the second time i got the solution, but do as everyone you and your friend download 1.06 pat or download the patch switcher, for 1.06 you just have to go to windows button then all the program then electronic arts then bfme2 then push "upgrade english site" and you will got 1.06.

i will make a tuto soon

#7 Zorakun

Zorakun
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

Out of interest, Zorakun, why don't you wish to use the later released versions?

because I'm not actually using it to play online...I barely play it at home...the thing is I and a friend have a public lan game center...I don't think there is someone who doesn't know that...

and the 1.06 version has some changes....it's not only bug fixes...

people who come to play at our center are used to the 1.00, or I would upgrade to 1.06 if it didn't have changes in the ini files...

apart from that, the reason I wanna fix it is everyday a fight happens at my center because of it...2 guys come and play, one of them uses that thing, the other one finds out...they fight...

what I have in mind is...is it possible to make the porter an-groupable...or whatever it's called...like you can't CTRL+Number the porter? because that would fix it...

I know you guys are saying that I'm an idiot because I'm using a buggy version while I can use a clean one...but I tried to install the 1.06....people started to go to other game centers just because the others had the 1.00 and I upgraded to 1.06....so yeah...

any help would be a lot appreciated...thank you.

by the way, I'm not some stupid noob, I'm new to lotr modding, yes, but I'm a C# coder, C++, html, php, batch (doesn't count)....

Edited by Zorakun, 06 February 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#8 Zorakun

Zorakun
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

so no one can help... :/

#9 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

I think the only viable solution is to upgrade to 1.06. The only way I can see to disable the weird hotkeys is by modifying some of the inis, by which you'll invalidate your connection to other players using un-modified 1.00 games. 

#10 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:51 AM

Were you able to find a code file that modifies the hotkeys?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#11 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

Me? No. But going off everything else that works like that, it seems a safe assumption that it's gonna be that.

Unless it's part of game.dat, in which case, good luck.

#12 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:53 AM

Ah yes good old game.dat. =p

I meant Zorakun. And it would be useful if I knew where to modify the shortcut buttons. I'll do another check.

#13 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

commandmapdebug.ini.... how does that looks in 1.00?

2qm3dd5.jpg

#14 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

Were you able to find a code file that modifies the hotkeys?

In recon database, but like i told him better go and play 1.08

#15 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

but like i told him better go and play 1.08

Yes, we've established you said that, thank you.

#16 Zorakun

Zorakun
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

commandmapdebug.ini.... how does that looks in 1.00?

Spoiler

Edited by ICT, 01 March 2015 - 12:01 AM.
spoilers ;)

#17 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

because I'm not actually using it to play online...I barely play it at home...the thing is I and a friend have a public lan game center...I don't think there is someone who doesn't know that...

and the 1.06 version has some changes....it's not only bug fixes...

people who come to play at our center are used to the 1.00, or I would upgrade to 1.06 if it didn't have changes in the ini files...

apart from that, the reason I wanna fix it is everyday a fight happens at my center because of it...2 guys come and play, one of them uses that thing, the other one finds out...they fight...

what I have in mind is...is it possible to make the porter an-groupable...or whatever it's called...like you can't CTRL+Number the porter? because that would fix it...

I know you guys are saying that I'm an idiot because I'm using a buggy version while I can use a clean one...but I tried to install the 1.06....people started to go to other game centers just because the others had the 1.00 and I upgraded to 1.06....so yeah...

any help would be a lot appreciated...thank you.

by the way, I'm not some stupid noob, I'm new to lotr modding, yes, but I'm a C# coder, C++, html, php, batch (doesn't count)....

by the way, if you upgrade to 1.06, there is a patch switcher out there who can switch in seconds between 1.00, 1.06 and 1.08.

In this way on your lan center  can be played all patches :)

2qm3dd5.jpg

#18 Zorakun

Zorakun
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

by the way, if you upgrade to 1.06, there is a patch switcher out there who can switch in seconds between 1.00, 1.06 and 1.08.

In this way on your lan center  can be played all patches :)

I recently mentioned that the reason why I don't wanna use the new versions is because they have differences in the hero costs, damages...etc

I tried the patch switcher just to see how the 1.08 looks...I patched to 1.08, mounted the mini-images, and still getting the insert the correct DVD :/

aD4UDQf.png

EDIT:

how about forgetting about FIXING it but make it like show a text to everybody when someone uses that bug?

like when it shows construction complete in the top right corner

Edited by Zorakun, 01 March 2015 - 10:04 AM.

#19 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

is your game cracked?

2qm3dd5.jpg

#20 Zorakun

Zorakun