• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

Hi everyone

At the first page of server it has been mentioned that stats and ladders will be implemented in the early 2015 !

I'm much eager to know when it's going to be done ?

It's the only feature that differentiates server from gameranger and urges me and many others to play in server.

Edited by Light, 13 February 2015 - 01:35 PM.

#2 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

If i'm not mistaken, we do not have an exact date yet, we will most likely post an announcement when the stats and ladders are done :)

Ridder Geel

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

The status at the moment is that unexpected technical trouble delays the implementation..

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  • Projects:Bring people on the server
  •  God of N00b

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

Do you think it can come at march or april ?

1429631591-post-551-1229971820.jpg
"Certainly award of the noob..."

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

We don't know. As soon as possible.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

May I ask what are these technical troubles and how can be solved ?

I'm just interested to get some more information about this unique feature !

#7 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

Technical troubles would be not having EA's server code to see how they handle these kind of things :p

Ridder Geel

#8 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

It's something bigger than technical trouble, it's the most basic trouble :p

And what's the solution ? have you ever tried to get EA's server code or you are going to produce a new one ?

#9 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

well, feel free to get the exact technical implementation of the gamespy internals ;)

#10 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

EA's server code is unobtainable, at least as far as i know we don't have a person on the inside, and even if we did, they most likely wouldn't have access to it anyways, since the servers are down :p

Phil and a few others are working on figuring out what is done where and such, and is able to fit pieces for making the server together slowly :)

Ridder Geel

#11 Light

Light
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

Thank you :)

I hope it will be done soon !

#12 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:33 AM

Do we get some news about it?, there is any issue about it or ? we keep briging alot of people on t3a but they all ask about stat and ladder and we are unfortunaly forced to tell them we still don't have them.

As éearly 2015" is finished do we have some issue in the implementation of the stat/ladder ? are you guys working on it or u made a break ? pls keep inform us, i don't like to lie and tell bullshit to new member or to people i bring.

Edited by Xelenos, 18 April 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#13 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

If you're lying to new people, that's your own fault.  And if we haven't announced anything, then there is nothing to announce.  If you want to know if we're still working on it, the simpler way was to ask, "Are you still working on it?"  Try that next time.

#14 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

That i ask and don't say it's my fault i said to them it was for early 2015, and early 20015 is finished the only lier is you staff and it's disrespectfull for them to not keep them infprmed about it.

If i remember people here wait since 1years by now for your stat and ladder so the only lier should be you

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

You speak as if you are somehow entitled to receive information about our private schedules.

We are working on it. We all expected it to have been finished earlier, but things got in the way.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#16 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

I speak as for the community who wait for 1 years by now, personally for me i got the answer, i already see those kind of project, project team manager who don't speak and don't talk about release and then the community go wrong and totally leave it and insult people who work on it, like i said it previously if u got an issue tell it why do'nt you tell you have some issue last time i asked ?????????!!!!!!!!.

Go said that to the community who ask everyfucking day about stat and ladder while i said to them it's for early 2015 since 5month by now...

i don't want your news for myself, i wat it for them but seems you don't care about them and that is disrespectfull.

#17 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

I don't think you realize how hard our team is actually working on it, or how difficult the job actually is.  You don't speak for the community, and people aren't actually asking for it every day, because most people are understanding of how difficult this project is.  What do you want us to update you on every day?  Coding jargon that you will not understand?  A made up percentage of how close we are to finishing it, even though that actually would be misleading?  No, you don't want that.  You just want an excuse to complain about this.  Think before you say stupid crap, Xel... good lord...

#18 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

You forget that we are only volunteers, with lives to live.

#19 Xelenos

Xelenos
  • Banned
  • 66 posts
  •  God of N00b

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

Of course i don't realize, you never talk about it or give info about it, how ca i realize if you guys don't talk lol your'a joke. 

Well you think they don't ask for it ? you guy said that and you don't even talk with one of them host a room on gr and wait u will see how much will come at your for this info. it's better that you code instead of trying to make people come on your own creationn.

First years of my UIT i programmed a sign language retranscriptor with 10 dudes in a jargon i didn't understand, second years i programmed 2 different game and one as team manager so don't talk about programming and code while you have someone in front of you who code most of the time in jargon he don't know or don't understand.

Programming is all about rigor, focus and goal to reach that all.

#20 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts
  • Projects:patching & see

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

Xel just chill bro, good things come to those who are patient :w00t: 

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic