Photo

Red Alert 3 launcher issue

red alert 3 launcher

Best Answer prb1222, 13 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

So I restarted my computer and now it's working lol. Figured I'd just let everyone know that's what fixed it.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 prb1222

prb1222
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

I have read the how-to thread as well as the common issues thread

Hello, I am having an issue starting Red Alert 3 using the CnC online launcher. I am trying to start Red Alert 3, which I own from the Ultimate Collection bundle. Whenever I click on Red Alert 3 through the CnC Online launcher, the Red Alert 3 splash screen comes up, stays on screen for a few seconds, then closes with no error prompt or anything. I have gone into the Origin launcher properties and disabled "Origin in game for this game", and installed the fixed launchers. My operating system is Windows 7, and the game error log in CnC_Online_log just reads: "ERROR: game.dat process not found."

Thanks for your time reading this.

#2 prb1222

prb1222
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:48 PM   Best Answer

So I restarted my computer and now it's working lol. Figured I'd just let everyone know that's what fixed it.

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

E: Oh :D You posted that while I was posting this:

This may be a problem with Origin.

First, try running the launcher as admin and with Win XP Sp 3 compatibility. You may need to hold down Shift when you right click to get the "Run as Administrator" option.

If that does not work, search for "Services" from the start menu and start the "Services" control program (should be near the top of the list). Select "Origin Client Service" and disable (set "startup type" to disabled) the service. Then restart your computer and see if you can launch properly (running as Administrator with Win SP3 compatibility). You may also need to re-install the fixed launchers (now that you have disabled the Origin Client Service) as it is thought to remove them when it updates Origin.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users