bfme rotwk art texture w3d missing shield fighter modding mod

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

Hi, i've just installed tbfn mod and i saw that gondor fighters dont have shields . i dont kown how to work with textures so if anyone knows how to retexture them vanilla tell me pls.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:04 AM

That could be one of a few things.

• Does the model have a shield? The mod could have a new model for the Gondor fighter and this model does not have a shield.
  • Is the shield pink? The mod or at least your copy of it might have a missing texture or the wrong asset.dat
  • Has it been coded out? With a hide sub object or something?

To fix this you could

• code in the vanilla Gondor fighter
  • get a Gondor fighter shield texture and put it in

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 16 February 2015 - 04:11 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

i think that the vanilla model is changed because in object's ini it has the vanilla model GumAArms_SKN and i dont know what to code in the vanilla Gondor fighter or how to get a Gondor fighter shield texture and put it in because i dont know where are the vanilla models so please be more specific

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:42 AM

Okay, you will have to extract the vanilla game's textures and .w3d models by opening the .big files in the program folder and extracting all to a folder of your choosing. Then find the gondor soldier (it will be in the extracted folder called gu). Past that I can't really help you.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:38 PM

thks for reply i extracted all textures and w3d files and i didnt find gumaarms_skn i found only a few useless _skn files so i dont know where are all of them

#6 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

i found out that in bfme2's w3d.big file is gumaarms_skn   but when i put it in w3d.big file in rotwk gondor fighters were the same i canged its name and no texture fighers resulted i dont know what to believe my bfme 2 isnt modded so gondor fighters must be vanilla but i dont know why it didnt work

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

Well basically you're modding a mod so you're going to need to update the mod's asset.

#8 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

what contains mod's asset and why to update it i dont think that the mod is updating anymore

#9 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

i cant understand where are the vanilla _SKN files that the game uses because they are not in w3d.big in rotwk but in w3d.big from bfme2 are.

#10 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

That's where they are used from :p

Ridder Geel

#11 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

i was thinking about that so why does my gondor fighter has another skin if the vanilla skin is Gumaarms_SKN and the object uses Gumaarms_skn which is not changed from vanilla.

#12 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

Is the model different? Or simply the texture? And most likely either the mod changed the model or they hid the shield through a upgrade or through the lua scripts.

Ridder Geel

#13 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

i dont realy know whats the difference between model and texture the man has a different armor and i dont think the the shild is hid by an upgrade but the lua script thing is possible how can i solv it in any of these casese anyway?

#14 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:58 AM

uhh... its in the scripts folder when you have an extracted ini. There should be something like scriptedevents.xml (or something like that, all i remember is its an xml, at work right now so cant check)

Then you need to find the one which the unit uses, and take a look at the OnCreate (or something like that) function.

This you can then find in the... scripts.lua (or the lua file, if this apparently is not the name :p), the function name that is in the xml :)

In there should be some sort of hide permanently line of code with your shield subobject :p

Ridder Geel

#15 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

Solved !!!!! I had to delete some lines in scripts.lua at gondorfighter and remain like this :

ObjectHideSubObjectPermanently( self, "Forged_Blade", true )
    ObjectHideSubObjectPermanently( self, "Hammer1", true )
    ObjectHideSubObjectPermanently( self, "Glow", true )
    ObjectHideSubObjectPermanently( self, "Glow1", true )

The shield was hid.Thks a milion Ridder Geel !!

Edited by grunshac, 20 February 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#16 grunshac

grunshac
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

i have another problem here http://forums.revora...9-rotwk-map-ai/if you want to help me more :p

#17 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

Ghehe, yea if you need more help there post, I see you have been pointed in the right direction already :p

Ridder Geel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users