• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

Hi community,

I'm a new member of this community & forum. i'm not so good with english and i NEED your help!!!

I come from GameReplays community and they sent, for answer my question, to you. 

SO:

I want make a 4 v 4 map plus two AI player (but they haven't economy, builders.. they have similar funciones of PlyrCreep).

So I set his ally and enemies:post-220774-1424437343.png

Then i want a simply script: post-220774-1424437479.png

here the condition of script: post-220774-1424437593.png

But it doesn't work. And all Structure of Player_9, that i have put in WBmap, disappear in the game.

Anyone could help me?

I must use edit team template? (i've seen the official guide of EA about this point but if you have a map that i could study, i think that will be better)

THOON, considerating expert said me this: "Adding more than 8 players is impossible, as far as I know. It's a limitation built into the game. You might, might be able to finagle something with the plyr[faction] teams, but you'd end up creating even more issues. plyrcreep will be hostile to every player. It'd break creeps if you change that. If you edit, say, plyrAngmar, then players who play as Angmar will be able to interact with, and possibly control, units created under that team.
 You might check the the3rdage.net forums. The guys there can sometimes work magic."

I believe in him and in you!

P.S: i'm new on this forum so i'm not sure that i have selected right forum/section/features ... 

#2 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

I think this is hardwired into the game and only really editable by hex-editing the game.dat (which I'm pretty sure only a few know how to actually do)

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#3 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

Well it might work somehow, but I have no idea if you could assign a 'regular' AI to it... so yea... :p

Ridder Geel

#4 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

Yeah i mean: now i explain my idea map so you could tell me if there is another way tu jump the problem:

I want make a LOL map: a base (might a fortress or a tower) for 4 player (4 bcz more player more funny) and another base for the other players:Immagine.png

You start with a porter that can't build nothing. Now every X seconds you gain Y resource. 

You coulde choose every tipe of hero moving your porter in the trigger area. Where the porter enter and you have Z resources (5000 for drogoth, 1000 for eomer, 1800 for gloin ....) you spawn an unito of hero choosen and you scale from your resoruces the cost of hero.

Immagine.png

Then you control the hero.

From the fortress each time spawn 3 horde of a player 9 for one team (and of player 10 of the other) that follow with "Attack_move" the path1 and path2 and path3. you could choose the type of unit but must be uncontrollable
 and must attack the hero enemies and the army enemies.
Immagine.png
do you like this map? do you find a solution?

Thanks

#5 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

That should work, as for getting a hero, you might want to consider simply making a commandset with all the heroes in them, and buy them from there if you have no hero, instead of having to run around with a porter.

The idea is fairly interesting, and you should be able to make two 'scripted' ai players, which are friends of one side and enemy of the other. You don't need to add new actual players, but I think the AI needs to be quite scripted of the two new players.

Ridder Geel

#6 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

I never have experience of commandset but i'm looking around some information. for scripting i have more affinity but i don't understand what do you mean with "create AI whit script". Have you a map with one or both of these things are done? or have you some AI scripted?  :thumbsupxd:  have a good day pro

#7 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

Ghehe, well I think in my mod I have partially scripted AI for the BFME 1 mode, but this most likely won't be much help.

What you want is to spawn units when a timer runs out, and then tell them to run in that general direction until they meet an enemy unit, quite simple script wise, if i'm not mistaken :p

(most of this should be under the units script part in world builder)

Ridder Geel

#8 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

Ghehe, well I think in my mod I have partially scripted AI for the BFME 1 mode, but this most likely won't be much help.

What you want is to spawn units when a timer runs out, and then tell them to run in that general direction until they meet an enemy unit, quite simple script wise, if i'm not mistaken :p

(most of this should be under the units script part in world builder)

Yeah, but noone player must use them... when i use "Spawn Script" i must give a team or a player to the spawned unit. so:
1) if i set a player. he could controll them (or there is a method to prevent this?).
2) if i set "plyrCreep" they attack mine heroes
3) if i set "skirmish(faction)" Thoon said me that might have the same problem of 1 point if a player select the (faction)
4) if i set "plyrCivilian" it could work. i don't test because i need 2 AI-player!!

#9 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

So you make new player, by pressing "New Player" in the player menu, then base it off whatever the hell you want, and go with that? :p

Name it whatever the hell you want, for example make 2 players:

Name: LoLPlayer_A

Display Name:"AI LoL Player A"

Name: LoLPlayer_B

Display Name:"AI LoL Player B"

As far as i know, there is nothing more to it :p

Edited by Ridder Geel, 26 February 2015 - 06:12 PM.

Ridder Geel

#10 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Before thanks you for the time that you are dedicate to me.

Sostantially you are telling me the same thing that i've post at the beginning of the post. I've change the name from "Player_9" in  "LoLPlayer_A" thinking that could be a strange problem of the name Player_X.

it doesen't spawn. but now it keep the structure (before naming player_9 and Player_10 the fortress are deleated). a small step!! :smilehuh:

If could help you, i can give you the map. :sad2:  

Edited by Xan Mako, 26 February 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#11 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

He doesnt spawn anything no, you would have to place fortresses or other things that belong to that 'ai' :p

Ridder Geel

#12 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

:C 

I've already done... hey men i post here the map that i've done.. if you are so kind to open and try it you could me an happy person!! Sorry for the time :C

(there are many script deactivated... I will remove them if i learn how to use commandset. is a problem that i will solve after. don't care of units in down-right corner.)

Thanks

Attached Files

• Attached File  LOL.zip   440.42KB   95 downloads

#13 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

Well I can't look at it now, I'm at work right now, I might have some time somewhere during the weekend, not sure though...

Ridder Geel

#14 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

hihih. yeah. i am stopped from two weeks!! No problem man. i'll wait! :wub:

#15 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

adding new players controlled by AI in a stand-alone map doesnt works well...

In campaign however its ok.....

2qm3dd5.jpg

#16 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

And i could make a multiplayer campaign? i belive not... :C...  I essentially want do a LOL 4v4 map. if there is a praticable way i don't know  :mellowthumbsup:

#17 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

My suggestion would be to cut your losses and go 3v3 instead, at least until RG or someone else finds magic solution. :p

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#18 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

hihih i'll waiting  only the  magic solution!!  :tongevil:

#19 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

Well you do know you can just place a 'AngmarRhudaurSlingers' on the team of the lol player?

That would give it to him at the beginning, as you have in your script :p

On another note, you need to have it as 'LoLPlayer_A/teamLoLPlayer_A' not 'teamLoLPlayer_A' :p That might be why he is not spawning.

Ridder Geel

#20 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

yes yes. i know. but i want that continue spawning. as League Of Legends game. but it seems don't run

I've done "LoLPlayer_A/teamLoLPlayer_A" not "teamLoLPlayer_A" but doesen't run.. :C have a good day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users