• 1,069 posts
  • Projects:Lot3A
  •  ~~
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:09 AM

Hey there folks,

I really hope someone can tell me how I can fix this. I've been trying some things, but none of it really works. Alright, here's the situation:

For my mod I want Arwen to be able to summon and launch a group of water horses towards the enemy, all in "wedge formation". I tried making the projectile a horde, which did not work out as I had hoped.. it was invisible, probably because a horde cannot be a projectile. Next, I created a w3d scene only containing 5 bones, forming a wedge and called "FLOODHORSE01", "FLOODHORSE02", "FLOODHORSE03", "FLOODHORSE04" and FLOODHORSE05". As export settings, I let them export with transform (bone) and without geometry.

Looks like this:

Spoiler

I use the "AttachToBoneInAnotherModule" code, which is used in BFME 2 for the ships' sail. I am not sure if this code works in BFME 1, so if someone previously managed to make this work, that would be cool. My guess is that it should work in BFME 1 because it's there. The doubts remain because EA. In game, they're all drawn on the same spot instead of using the defined bones FLOODBONE01 - FLOODBONE05.

Spoiler

Lastly, this is the code:

Spoiler

If any one can help me here, that would be awesome.. or tell me if there's another way/hack to fire more than one projectile within one projectile, if that makes sense. I'm using the WeaponFireSpecialAbilityUpdate and not the ArrowStormUpdate because I don't want the horses to scatter randomly and just hit the location they're told to hit.

Cheers.

Edited by Echo, 28 February 2015 - 03:13 AM.

26285.png

#2 Lusta

Lusta
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

Hello Echo

I suggest that you use the Grond or Battering ram crew code. Your ArwenFloodHorse will have 5 FloodHorse crewmember at FloodBone-s. The FloodHorse should use crush weapon.

(Lusta means Lazy)

my mod beta is linked here

#3 Echo

Echo

T3A:Online

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

Hello Echo

I suggest that you use the Grond or Battering ram crew code. Your ArwenFloodHorse will have 5 FloodHorse crewmember at FloodBone-s. The FloodHorse should use crush weapon.

I even tried that code yesterday, but it did not work. The horse models were invisible. Either because the projectile isn't supposed to have crew members or because something's wrong with the initial 5-bone w3d file.

26285.png

#4 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

Possibly try without the ExtraPublicBone stuff :p

Draw = W3DScriptedModelDraw ModuleTag_DRAW
        DefaultModelConditionState
            Model                        =    EUFloodHorse ;// the 5-bone w3d scene
        End
    End

That's what i've used (in bfme 2, but thats really the only difference i see)

Ridder Geel

#5 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

I made some progress by exporting two w3d instances, one as hierarchial model and the other one as its skeleton. Now they actually use the public bones, but there's a wee problem. Just see for yourself. :D

Edited by Echo, 28 February 2015 - 11:31 PM.

• -SilverBane- likes this

26285.png

#6 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:21 AM

Maybe the rotation of the bones is slightly off? Try rotating them until the horses allign? (make sure that rotating them actually helps first tho :p )

Ridder Geel

#7 Echo

Echo

• T3A Staff
  • 1,069 posts
  •  ~~
  • Donated

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:57 AM

Ah yes, that's correct. Thanks for all the help RG, as always. :p

26285.png

#8 Felipe Roll-st

Felipe Roll-st

Talion

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

hey echo would you mind to share that code? or at least guide me on how to get it done pls? :)

great work btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users