And that's just skimming the surface! To go into a bit more detail, let's take a look one of the coolest additions - the Vandal Scraptank.
A new tier 4 'monster tank' for Confederation, this beast is only available from a support power attached to the Revolutionary Headquarters. It only costs $1500 to spawn 3 of these bad boys, but before they can become too powerful they have to earn some kills! With each veterancy level the tank attaches more armour and weaponry, eventually becoming a formidable weapon that can turn the tides of battle.
Furthermore, navy has seen a number of additions to make that lacklustre area of combat more interesting. Both factions now get repair ships - the Rig and Lifeboat - as well as helicopter carriers - the War Turtle and Crocodile. This to add another layer of combat, where anti-aircraft can be a requirement and to help mixing of different unit types.
Moreover the Gunboat has been replaced with the Minisub, making early game engagements potentially more interesting. All pre-existing vessels have had balance adjustments as well.
Of course there are more new maps as always, ranging from 1v1 to 3v3. Here are a few examples:
Of course there are many balance changes too, bug fixes and so on! Here's an overview of the entire patch:
- Addition: Minisub. Replaces the Gunboat for the Allies. A small submarine, good against light ships.
- Additions: Rig and Lifeboat, for the Allies and Soviets respectively. Repair ships available at the Naval Yard.
- Additions: War Turtle and Crocodile Heli-hauler, for the Allies and Soviets respectively. Available at the Naval Yard with either Airforce Command HQ or Air Strategy Centre. A long range attack helicopter carrier, good vs enemy vessels, structures and off-shore bombardment.
- Additions: Charge Thrower and Torpedo Tower, for the Allies and Soviets respectively. Available with the Naval Yard, these two are defensive structures for use on water, with good range and sensors, intended to better protect the shore allowing fleets to spend their time elsewhere.
- Addition: Vandal Invasion, support power for Confederation at the Revolutionary Headquarters. For $1500 credits it spawns 3 Vandal Scraptanks at the HQ, which are quick anti-tank vehicles. Their speciality is the ability to upgrade themselves with each veterancy level, gaining strength, firepower and anti-air / anti-infantry rockets as well! Furthermore they can enter Resistance Tunnels, allowing for powerful strikes anywhere on the battlefield.
- AI updates including nerfs to support power usage and Chronosphere support.
- New interactable natural features such as Destructible Rocks and Tornadoes (map specific).
- 9 all new maps for skirmish and multiplayer.
- Reworked over a dozen existing maps for more interesting strategies and improved balance.
- Tonnes of significant balance adjustments and bug fixes.
The patch can be downloaded and manually installed, if you are unable to use the client updater for whatever reason.
Remember you can always join our Discord for active discussion and first-look at every upcoming patch, as well as organise games online!
- mevitar likes this