Forged Battalion Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,046 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

For those wondering how will the next Petroglyph's RTS, Forged Battalion, looks like? Here's a 20+ minutes video featuring its gameplay, by Smash GaminG!:

Share your comments here. What do you think? Are you interested on joining its early access on Steam on january 16th?

Thanks Houseplant for the news tip.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,127 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

Looks good, but is there any news on modding tools releasing with it?

#3 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,046 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:10 AM

I do not expect it to be moddable at all. Maybe it may have a map editor.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#4 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

Looks better than their army games thats for sure. Really don't like the visual style, but in the video it says its still yet to be polished so maybe it'll get a slightly more detailed or stylish as development goes on. I just really hope there are interesting abilities you can give units, and theyre not purely 1 action chess pieces. Some kind of ability that allows skillful use to shine is really important to keep things interesting IMO, otherwise its just shuffling the same old units around in the same way after a short while - and while I understand the want to make RTS accessible so it might get more fans and players, dumbing down the gameplay totally just makes it uninteresting for existing RTS players IMO, who in the end will be the core audience.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:00 PM

Really don't like the visual style, but in the video it says its still yet to be polished so maybe it'll get a slightly more detailed or stylish as development goes on.

They'll certainly improve some of the assets, but I don't expect the art style to change into something more realistic.

I just really hope there are interesting abilities you can give units, and theyre not purely 1 action chess pieces. Some kind of ability that allows skillful use to shine is really important to keep things interesting IMO, otherwise its just shuffling the same old units around in the same way after a short while - and while I understand the want to make RTS accessible so it might get more fans and players, dumbing down the gameplay totally just makes it uninteresting for existing RTS players IMO, who in the end will be the core audience.

As soon as you win battles and get more research points, you'll certainly receive the ability to add better support skills into these units. But in early game, you'll really get a dumbed down gameplay, due to the limited tech tree. But that's just for starters ;).
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#6 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

They'll certainly improve some of the assets, but I don't expect the art style to change into something more realistic.

Yeah. I don't mean realistic though, just more detailed and stylised. Looks almost like just single colour blotches on everything right now.

As soon as you win battles and get more research points, you'll certainly receive the ability to add better support skills into these units. But in early game, you'll really get a dumbed down gameplay, due to the limited tech tree. But that's just for starters ;).

And you know this how? :p I don't recall any unit abilities in Grey Goo or the 8-bit games (though I never actually played the latter, but didn't see any).

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

As far as I could see some of the options the tech tree in the video, I think there is a chance that they'll add this kind of thing.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users