Photo

Red Alert 3 issue

Best Answer ToxicShock, 09 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

Hi. I am playing normal Red Alert 3, which I did buy from steam. Whenever i try to log in the online section, it says "cannot connect to the backend server". It is completely impossible for me to join online games because of a Network problem. I am using Windows 8. My error log file is Error: game.dat process not found.

I hope u can help me about the connection.

Are you using this solution?

- I'm having trouble using C&C:Online with Steam.
- Solution: Open the C&C:Online launcher and use the Hook menu to hook your game.
1. Go into Steam and create a desktop shortcut for your game.
2. Open the C&C:Online launcher and go to the hooking menu. Hook your game. When Hooking, you should receive a prompt asking for your confirmation, this is how you know it worked. If you don't receive anything and the issue still occurs, check your anti-virus (Norton especially) as they are known to delete the hooking file. Add an exception for C&C:Online.
3. Launch the game using the shortcut Steam made for it on your desktop (if you don't have a shortcut, go into Steam and make one). The launcher should pop up, so select your game and off you go

Make sure that you create the shortcut before you hook. You may find that you need to run Steam as Administrator before you make the short cut. If you find that, delete the shortcut you make, run Steam as Administrator and make another shortcut. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OBIEK

OBIEK
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:16 PM

Hi. I am playing normal Red Alert 3, which I did buy from steam. Whenever i try to log in the online section, it says "cannot connect to the backend server". It is completely impossible for me to join online games because of a Network problem. I am using Windows 8. My error log file is Error: game.dat process not found.

#2 TheChosenJuan77

TheChosenJuan77
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:31 AM

Did you download the C&C Online program? That is now the new server hosting method provided by Revora so that it can get around the GameSpy shutdown. There is a handy video on the front page of the C&C Online website

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:42 AM   Best Answer

Are you using this solution?

- I'm having trouble using C&C:Online with Steam.
- Solution: Open the C&C:Online launcher and use the Hook menu to hook your game.
1. Go into Steam and create a desktop shortcut for your game.
2. Open the C&C:Online launcher and go to the hooking menu. Hook your game. When Hooking, you should receive a prompt asking for your confirmation, this is how you know it worked. If you don't receive anything and the issue still occurs, check your anti-virus (Norton especially) as they are known to delete the hooking file. Add an exception for C&C:Online.
3. Launch the game using the shortcut Steam made for it on your desktop (if you don't have a shortcut, go into Steam and make one). The launcher should pop up, so select your game and off you go

Make sure that you create the shortcut before you hook. You may find that you need to run Steam as Administrator before you make the short cut. If you find that, delete the shortcut you make, run Steam as Administrator and make another shortcut.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 OBIEK

OBIEK
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

ToxicSchok. IT FINALLY WORKS. FROM NOW ON YOU ARE MY KING!

#5 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

:thumbsuphappy:

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users