54 replies to this topic

#1 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

Howdo,

So I was working on this before I fell off the world. It's a Legio Titanicus race mod, definitely still at the conceptual/alpha stage but please give it a go all the same - no chance that I would ever get the AI on my own! I do wonder if the Freeblade from the game Freeblade could be exported, but I assume someone would have done that by now.

Have a go, see what you think - make sure you have the latest OP mod. Finally, if this is to be continued then it may call for a model swap on the Admech relic unit which is handy as we have one already from the Mechanicum.

TTFN

https://www.mediafir...us_003.zip/file

Edited by fuggles, 05 December 2018 - 07:40 AM.

#2 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:38 AM

Howdo,

So I was working on this before I fell off the world. It's a Legio Titanicus race mod, definitely still at the conceptual/alpha stage but please give it a go all the same - no chance that I would ever get the AI on my own! I do wonder if the Freeblade from the game Freeblade could be exported, but I assume someone would have done that by now.

Have a go, see what you think - make sure you have the latest OP mod. Finally, if this is to be continued then it may call for a model swap on the Admech relic unit which is handy as we have one already from the Mechanicum.

TTFN

https://www.mediafir...us_002.zip/file

It is already exported mate. ;)

But as I have told you,my time is limited as well to finish it.

Edited by Kekoulis, 04 December 2018 - 09:55 AM.

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#3 mdcertainty

mdcertainty

Sage-Otaku-Monk

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:17 AM

Howdy fuggles. Nice to see you pop-up again.Saying so I'm off again.

Later and have a good one. :D

Edited by mdcertainty, 04 December 2018 - 11:17 AM.

ec-sig-early.gif

#4 asterix120

asterix120

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

Is it normal that the knight paladin does not walk? And the warhound doesn't walk...

Edited by asterix120, 04 December 2018 - 07:24 PM.

#5 asterix120

asterix120

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

Although with great success I expected the imperial knights as a faction. But not the titans

#6 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

It is normal, you must activate the engines!

It's an experiment really, we don't have knight models and there are massive complications with a knight faction in a RTS where you start with low tech and escalate.

#7 asterix120

asterix120

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:34 PM

:sad2: :sad2: I’m probably stupid, but it’s not going to get to me what needs to be done so that they start moving.   Do I need to put a pilot in a titan? What to do after this, he still does not move. No research or anything else appears.

https://ibb.co/8Kw4PTS

#8 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:40 AM

You are not stupid, on the contrary it is I who is the dullard! Thanks for the screenshot, I see what is wrong now.

Sorry gang, I had to make a new FreeUI and totally forgot. I will have to get gambit to merge them - try this:

https://www.mediafir...tanicus_003.zip

Huh. Can't change the thread title.

Edited by fuggles, 05 December 2018 - 07:41 AM.

#9 asterix120

asterix120

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:53 AM

:ermm:   Now I do not build units)

https://ibb.co/GPTLHdr

That's how it hangs at 100%

#10 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

I will have to get gambit to merge them....

Worry not brother Fuggles, I will do it for the next FreeUI build :thumbsuphappy:

I was about to do it myself when I saw that you needed the squad from squad menu, to be submenu_squads_addons_researches_adv (noticed that the menus were empty!)

I can also use a better button, I will send it to you to put it in the project.

Will do so tomorrow.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#11 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

Asterix120 - try meeting of minds. I wonder if there is not space to spawn the titan.

#12 asterix120

asterix120

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

Hmm, works)

#13 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:39 PM

The issue where squad are not produced, but stuck at 100%, is map-related.

The only method to fix it is to set the spawner space offset for new unit position X, Y and Z values (in the spawn_ext of the building), closer to the building. The BEST values are those WITHIN the boundaries of the building, just slightly pointed towards the side you want. It is wrong to put them outside the boundaries of the building.

#14 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:23 AM

That becomes problematic when your units are building size! Still, clipping issues are better than game breaking ones. Anyone managed to play it and have some thoughts?

#15 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

I have seen some models of Freeblade ported along with some other knights or titans of several sources I think. I have not invested much time on this as I thought that it was complicated to make a huge mechas mod.

The smaller sized Armigers could help the escalation besides the knights previous to titans. I doubt if there's some proper pilot model, despite GW has made some minis of them, at least one I know. Something could be arranged I have some memories of proxies.

Well I think Fuggles has hit something with the activating menu here!

The mechas act as if they were movable buildings with activable weapons. Huge, slow but deal a lot of damage either from cc or from afar. However the thrill of the game is on gathering LPs and skirmishes here and there: there have to be some low tier squad(s) able to do the unpleasant job as well as protecting the machines until they are ready.

Now some observations/proposals:

if the mod is based on the adeptus titanicus (collegia titanica) it should contain some support from the Ad Mech in the form of secutarii or techpriests.

These are secutarii: the security corps ("titan guard") of Titan Legions

https://vignette.wik...=20170921010902

Additionally, if Knights houses are going to appear as well, they could have their own pilots (scions) instead of the pilots of the titans (the Princeps and Moderatii). Perhaps for titans adding crewmen could speed up the activations.

Armigers are low tier mini knights that could equal to a sentinel on steroids; if they are such a reality they could have either the same system but quicker power up times or being as a manned vehicle from the start.

How many types of knights are going to be featured? How many types of titans? For the first kind, the challenge is to avoid overpowering having them too quick; for the second kind the challenge is to grant a playable size and not going too OP compared to the other races.

I thought the knights were faster or more agile... how quick moves the DOW3 knight?

Have you looked at the Winterdyne's failed Titans mod? I think I had some list of the tiers and units and researches, if it serves for inspiration.

Edited by Roderick, 07 December 2018 - 11:59 AM.

#16 asterix120

asterix120

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:17 AM

Need a squad of infantry on т1. while i activated the engine and weapon. Two guards and the general ran to me and killed the titan)

#17 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:17 PM

What was the map and difficulty? Have you tried not getting engines first - ranged and shield, or engines and melee
You do have limited infantry, but perhaps need more

Edited by fuggles, 07 December 2018 - 03:18 PM.

#18 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

OK, so I updated FreeUI to include the Legio Titatnicus profile.

Brother Fuggles you were using an older version, so I created the profile on the new one.

The most notable change is adding the "proper" squad-from-squad menu, so that to show what was previously missing, right?

Something else.

There are some CAPITAL entries in the folders, for example the race itself is Legio_Titanicus_race.

Can you revert them all to lower-case? The engine is too finicky (I mean grumpy) with such things....

#19 asterix120

asterix120

title available

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

On a very difficult one. And the map.. For 4 players, the card was. The game is in Russian)

And about the weapon. Melee combat without engine has no sense, and long-range combat. Well, I still need to buy weapons after activation.

Is it possible to add a squad of servitors and limit their number of squads?

Edited by asterix120, 07 December 2018 - 08:42 PM.

#20 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:32 PM

btw card = map, the google translator doesn't translate karta (карта) well

Which is the natural expansion of this alpha? More types of mechas? More number of them at the same time? Who is responsible to fight for the LPs and CPs?

Edited by Roderick, 07 December 2018 - 06:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users