c&c:online support

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arkhestarmatis

arkhestarmatis
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 07:01 PM

Hello. I'd love to get some help regard connection error within multiplayer lobby. Let me note: I'm using a mixed pirated version with original files of the game from a cd that my friend owns via actual USB stick. (just the original game ini, some data file, general.exe)  

Pirated version three different sources for different things:

1: Command & Conquer - The First Decade - For iso and serials which work (source - ru tracker) 
2: Generals - For the patches, GeneralsZH-104-english.exe
3: Command and Conquer Generals + Zero Hour (DIRECT PLAY)  [blaze69] - for Multiplayer feature which already has applied gen patcher and tool/tfd-103-rev4
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original files from my friend and the files that were used; 

1:USB stick - generals.exe, game.dat, Data, GeneralsZHenglish.exe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Summary:

I installed generals via pirated version "first first decade iso" that had 1/2 iso (separated ones for each game) once installed I replaced "
generals.exe, game.dat, Data, GeneralsZHenglish.exe" with my friend's original files and then I mounted the "Generals" pirated version iso to find the patches and applied the patch 1.04 first along side 1.08 for the original generals. Once patched with 1,04, 1.08 I used "direct play" pirated version for tfd-103-rev4 which didn't work so I used gen tool which had gen patcher within it and applied the patches and builder and map packer, once I applied all that I set compatibility mode to windows 7 since I heard there were some issues with windows 10 and ran it as an admin (right when i finished installation I did enter regedit and changed some options for resolution since that was in the cncnz guide and during installation of generals I registered to EA account thingy and printed the thingy for mail confirmation and I registered to cnc and revora)

Why I'm here: Error Summary:

Once I enter the game, sign in, em taken to multiplayer lobby with other players. every time I attempt to start a game with another player the game stops saying ""Could not Connect To Other Players"  

Steps I've taken as alternative: 

1: I tried playing with myself in online multiplayer mode and it works.
2: I tried playing LAN with a friend of mine that has the original version and it works
3: I tried port forwarding (although not sure if I did it correctly) I found some guides on youtube where i basically made a static ip by applying with command promit using ipconfig thingy then like putting in the something personal ip4 internet within share center in control panel (wifi connection) and then getting onto my router and finding simple option port forward and imputing applied ip and ports which was set in game (in the firewall selection in game option) 
4: I tried turning off my hamachi (by disabling it)
5: I tried disabling my firewall (in windows not via my router)
6: I tried turning off avast while gaming 

PS: When I checked document files in zero hour data I found some crash file with stuff like:

AntiAliasing = 1 BuildingOcclusion = yes CampaignDifficulty = 0 DynamicLOD = yes ExtraAnimations = yes FirewallPortOverride = 16001 GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0 Gamma = 50 HeatEffects = no IPAddress = 0.0.0.0 IdealStaticGameLOD = High LanguageFilter = false MaxParticleCount = 5000 MusicVolume = 70 Resolution = 1024 768 Retaliation = yes SFX3DVolume = 70 SFXVolume = 70 ScrollFactor = 60 SendDelay = no ShowSoftWaterEdge = yes ShowTrees = yes StaticGameLOD = Custom TextureReduction = 0 UseAlternateMouse = no UseCloudMap = yes UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no UseLightMap = yes UseShadowDecals = yes UseShadowVolumes = yes VoiceVolume = 70
[2:13 AM]
Release Crash at Wed Aug 04 01:26:46 2021 ; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update Last error: Exception is access violation WinMain at 401720 Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access. Access address:00000020 was written to. Stack Dump: <Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x0081A375 Details: Register dump... Eip:0081A375 Esp:0019F48C Ebp:0019F70C Eax:002A980D Ebx:64F0DECC Ecx:00000000 Edx:00000000 Esi:09D06688 Edi:00A3AA78 EFlags:00210246 CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0053 GS:002b EIP bytes dump... Bytes at CS:EIP (0081A375) : 89 41 20 8B 41 38 C3 90 90 90 90 A1 1C 7F A4 00 56 8B F1 89 46 20 8B 46 38 85 C0 74 06 8B 08 50 Current stack:
[2:13 AM]

#2 Cervanthes

Cervanthes

Minister of Member reeducation

• Division Leaders
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location:wherever command wants me to be youll usually find me around good beer and food
  • Projects:CCO/T3AO Servers, NatNeg, Launcher Replacement, Linux Support
  •  Asked a question but no answer yet? high chance that im not reachable atm, check our discord instead!
  • Division:CCO/T3AO & Revora
  • Job:Effectively Wall-E just for Revora & there is no god up here but me!
  • Donated

Posted 09 August 2021 - 11:16 AM

i have already answered this topic on their first one 

post-901776-1710002981.png

Join our Discord for Quicker and more fluent support! Join Here!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users