Photo

From 3Dmax to Blender and other subject.

1 reply to this topic

#1 ombrephenix

ombrephenix
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 11:59 AM

Hello teams! I'm surprised the information hasn't been pinned yet. So I relay the information.
Personally, I haven't tried it yet. I'm not up to date with Blender. The learning process can be long...

I also wanted to talk about a stupid problem that had been blocking me on one of my features for several months. (I have a form of dyslexia that sometimes pushes me to go all the way before giving up.)

For experimentation and implementation of new gameplay. I decided to take advantage of the particular design of the Praetorian structures. I made the concept of two "Build Order" for the "squad_cap" and "support_cap".
Note: Here the subject is indeed the "support_cap".

This experiment was implemented under “DC” and took place without significant difficulties. When I imported my "A.E" modifications into "SS" I found myself facing a complete and incomprehensible failure. At first I thought it was a file corruption and an "A.E" / "DC" structure not compatible with "SS".
I compared "DC/SS" files and edited the files to bring them up to "SS" standards. Unfortunately, nothing seems to want to work. (I even did a hexadecimal comparison.)
It was quite frustrating because I was convinced that my “A.E”s were correct.  :mellowthumbsup:

Finally after taking a step back from this problem. I found the reason absurd as to the cause.
Temporarily, I sometimes create a folder in the “A.E” folder that I plan to modify. I make backup copies of the files that need to be changed and place them inside.
In my specific case, it was a fatal error generating unsolvable "A.E" problems. Deleting the save folder fixed the issue. So simple that it becomes frustrating.
That it serves as an example not to be reproduced. Do not leave the "WIP" in the current experiment. You run the risk of distorting the results.  :evgr:

Edited by ombrephenix, 21 July 2024 - 12:02 PM.

#2 ombrephenix

ombrephenix
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 September 2024 - 11:38 PM

https://www.mediafir..._limit.jpg/file

If you are wondering how many searches can be supported by a structure?
The answer seems to be 31 at the most.

For the "hardpoints" table 16 does not seem true. I do not exceed 15.

What do you think about the "weapon_table" table which goes up to 32?

What do you think about the "in_combat_modifiers" table which goes up to 45?

Was Iron Lore really negligent, or even incompetent at times?
Or is it the remnants of a more ambitious project that was forced to be more profitable?

It's a question that doesn't expect an answer, but which invites the exploration.  <:)

Edited by ombrephenix, 03 September 2024 - 12:27 AM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users