weird problem with v0.96b

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:07 AM

when i install code red and try to play it, everything works fine, but only a few structures and units have been altered... in addition, the patch doesn't work for me, computer says the file's damaged. anyone know how to fix this? or should i perhaps better wait for 0.965 :blush:

#2 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:20 PM

As for the "units/structure-bug".. have you patched YR to 1.001?

As for the patch... the dl has probably been interupted. I suggest dl-ing it again.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#3 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:37 PM

i tried installing the patch, but it says an 'old file is missing, file with same name discovered, however contents do not match, installation aborted'...

Edited by maggot, 13 September 2005 - 01:12 PM.

#4 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:28 PM

Try to be more precise.
1. Which patch did you try to install?
2. Did you install the 1.001 patch for YR?

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#5 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:02 PM

That error message is because you modded an unpatched YR.

#6 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

It would say in the lower right hand corner of the main manu of the game.

Like this:
Posted Image

Edited by Lurker, 30 August 2005 - 11:53 PM.

#7 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

~:+: FeNRiS :+:~
  • Banned
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:check out Code Red ^_~

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:38 AM

well 1 way that'll definitely work is tat u remove ra2 (2gether with all the folders and such etc) and do a reinstall :lol:
Posted Image

#8 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:38 AM

sorry for the misunderstanding. so i tried patching YR to v1.001 but then it says 'old file is missing,...' if there is any file like that, where can i get it?

#9 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

In that case a full re-install is needed.

Posted Image

#10 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:11 AM

didn't work. need help.

#11 ~:+: FeNRiS :+:~

~:+: FeNRiS :+:~
  • Banned
  • 38 posts
  • Projects:check out Code Red ^_~

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

are u sure u uninstalled ra2 completely? tat includes removing the folder too

and *i think* CR 0.96 doesnt need patch 1.001 to work...so its fine if u dont patch it ;)
Posted Image

#12 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:13 PM

yes, i removed everything, even registry entries.

when i don't patch YR, almost nothing has changed

#13 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:24 PM

If the Mix files are named ****md**.mix you'll need the 1.001 patch and after a quick check that's exactly the case.

If you want to play CR without patching YR to 1.001 you'll need to manually rename all the mix files with md in it.

But they're no reason you cannot patch YR unless you've got a hacked version.

Posted Image

#14 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:15 AM

when i don't patch YR

You need to patch YR man. If you can't because of that error message it means you must have edited files in your RA2 folder... which means it must not be a clean install.

#15 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:21 AM

euhm, yeah, i dl it :p :cool: :sad:

the files indeed have md after them, so to what do i have to change them?

#16 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:08 PM

euhm, yeah, i dl it  :lol:  ;)  :wub:

the files indeed have md after them, so to what do i have to change them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shame on you for dl-ing it. Besides it not needed. RA2/YR is an older game so you can buy it for 5-10 Dollar/Euro.

Anyway for the renaming, it just occured to me that that won't work since all the ini's in the mix files would still have the md.

You'd have to extract all the ini's from the mix file and rename them and i think that's a bit much considering you already asked how to rename.

Posted Image

#17 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:11 PM

inis are correct, only thing different from 1.000 to 1.001 is the mix file naming process, both still use artmd.ini/rulesmd.ini etc... have a look in ra2md.mix/localmd.mix and see rulesmd.ini in there ;)

Edited by Apollo, 02 September 2005 - 05:13 PM.

Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#18 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 06:53 PM

hey, i dl it after i looked for it, first in the shops, then on the internet, it is nowhere to be found... (i live in belgium)

guess i'll have to look harder... anyways, i am only buying this so i can play this mod, so no shame on me... oh, and btw i know how to rename, i don't know to what i should change it...

Edited by maggot, 13 September 2005 - 01:16 PM.

#19 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:08 PM

I'll make a little list later but as for finding YR online: http://search.ebay.nl/red-alert-2_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Posted Image

#20 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:19 PM

Godd@mn! Since i haven't found a way to make the Code Red mod for RA2:YR work (i can't patch it to v1.001), i started looking for a legit version again in Ebay, Fnac, Free Record Shop & Bart Smit.

Neither one of these had the game. So i wanted (read: had) to buy the game directly from the EA store, but when i try to bill it, it says: choose country: US, Canady or Mexico. But I am from Belgium...

So now i (have to) ask again: is there any way i can get the game and install the code red mod properly???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users