Photo

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:35 AM

That this system needs refining. When I get bored working on Atlas, I come here, read some posts and remember why I started it. I've just read some HUGE reasons why it's time to get back to work.

Soon I'll have enough of the basics done that'll need you all to serious start helping with everyday balance and idea issues to make this work. So as you all think of stuff, post it here. I'll link to the main RPG thread so you all can see the current system and make suggestions. Blodo just made an excellant one.

http://forums.revora...showtopic=33223

My first thoughts are to have each player gain money based off of 5 Resource Points per day, 3 from personal industry and 2 from world trade by being a member of the UN. If players vote a UN resolution to give an ulitmatum to a player to either comply or face world sanctions and they don't, then the admin simply checks off the UN member box in the countries admin profile and the base income of the nation drops by 2/5.

SO no matter how many upgrades to your economy you have, the base of what your economy multiplied it by has dropped by 2/5. This is a serious blow for a nation so it actually gives weight to world sanctions.

#2 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

Well progress is coming along, admins can now log in create nations, edit nations, and delete nations. This is taking longer than I thought though. I'll ditch the mutiple RP base because admin can easily go in an adjust things like that on thier own anyway.

But progress is being made, this will take some months it appears.

#3 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:55 PM

Patience is a virtue and will be rewarded, that I'm sure of.

#4 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:15 PM

Keep at it, then. :) I'm sure it'll be great.
Posted Image

#5 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:39 PM

What of a world with no UN? What about land multipliers? If you have lots of land and lots of industry, you may need to introduce a modifier per square mile, something very small, to increase those resource points depending on the country size.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#6 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:09 AM

TBH, land has as much affect as population, none. Switzerland has small land but is rich. China, alot of land and population but is still emerging. I don't see a correlation between amount of land and population.

Israel has a population of 6 million, Syria has 18 million. But we all know who would win in direct conflict. So I don't think land or population matters much.

I ditched the whole UN idea, because the admin have control over that anyway by adjusting players directly. Plus, hell it gives the admins something to do.

#7 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:18 PM

I don't mean in regards to development. I mean in regards to population. In fully industrialized countries, those with larger populations inevitably turn out more products, make more money, and produce more military assets.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#8 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:41 PM

I suppose that can be directly affected by the admins going in and changing the RP modifier. Admin will have total control of that. They can change it from 1.0 to 1.25 based on your parameters if they want.

For balance purposes I don't think population should determine much. Higher population means higher production but offset by higher number of consumers. To keep it simple we should not have land mass or population affect production IMO.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users