Photo

Astral Conflict : Dark Cadence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Waller

Matt Waller

I'm the person stood behind you ...........

• Hosted
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:Halo: The Untold Wars (Ghyver) + Second Age: The Forging (Founder)
  •  The Fanatic

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

RPG Name: Astral Conflict : Dark Cadence
RPG Description: An RPG set in our universe which has now become similar to Star wars but without all the crap stuff
RPG Era: (Middle Ages, Present, Future, etc.) In the distant future where a galactic civil war threatens to engulf the solar system.
RPG Plot: (If you don't want to reveal this, simply PM it to me) Here's the twist, there isn't one, I'll set the scene but then any participant can take it where they want! Get set for some interesting stuff people!
RPG Leader(s): (Who's running the thing) Me and any volunteers.

Ok im gonna need some people to help me and tell me whats things are crap about the star wars universe. Could somebody volunteer for co-leader or something?

Edited by Matt Waller, 17 May 2008 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

I kill who I want when I want......... watch your back........

Posted Image

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

See, my opinion is that this has a lot of potential, but the Star Wars world is so horribly incomplete and inaccurate that it sickens me to think about it. It may be an advantage to know so little about it from an RPing perspective, but in terms of society, the laws of physics and general reality Star Wars is the worst ever created world. It just pains me. As an RP I would be unwilling to join it because I loathe the entire Star Wars franchise and everything connected with it, with the exceptions of Alec Guinness and Peter Serafinowicz. Oh, and the Family Guy parody. I could go through a list of everything I hate about Star Wars, but I don't know if there's a limit on how much you can write in one reply box. If there is, I'd find it. Bear in mind that these are things I hate about the films, the story, the characters, the background, the "science", the politics, the aliens, the fighting and the nerds that have followed it around and dressed as Wookies ever since.

P.S. Sorry if this offends everyone here, but I really hate those films.

Edited by Vortigern, 17 May 2008 - 05:08 PM.

I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

XD no offense, but they ARE innacurante and I called shannanagans on it :wacko:.

Suggestion: New Universe, somewhat same tech.

Posted Image

#4 Matt Waller

Matt Waller

• Hosted
  • 123 posts
  •  The Fanatic

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

I'll change it a bit.

Edited by Matt Waller, 17 May 2008 - 07:32 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

I'm not going to offer to help lead this one, but I will give you a brief list right here of what's crap about Star Wars.

1) The droids have full power of free will and self-control. This is, by all reckonings, more or less impossible. I know it's a fantasy film, but it just couldn't happen, and it annoys me because the films purport to take themselves seriously.

2) C3-PO.

3) How everyone understands everything everyone says. Like, how Han Solo can understand Chewbacca's random camel noises. That is simply impossible, because the way the Wookie language seems to work is mostly by inflection and context, which an unsubtle human used to the different meanings of words would just not be able to grasp.

4) The force. Bollocks to it, it's just magic given a stupid name.

5) Jar Jar Binks.

6) Hayden Christensen.

7) The "science" they claim to use. Faster-than-light travel is only possible via wormhole manipulation technology or parallel dimension-hopping. You can't just go faster than the speed of light, like the Millennium Falcon does. You can't even go close to the speed of light, because of the equations of the equations of FTL travel. See Einstein for more details. Essentially, to travel at the speed of light a particle with no mass (i.e. light) must contain/possess infinite energy. A particle with mass must therefore have access to greater than infinite energy in order to reach the speed of light, which I'm sure you'll agree is impossible. The only theoretical (and highly implausible) instance of FTL travel is the Alcubierre Drive, which works by expanding the space behind in order to contract the space in front, while travelling at ridiculously high speeds anyway.

8) So many bloody aliens. It's likely that there are an infinite number of alien species out there in the universe, but it's kind of a big place. I don't doubt that the aliens are there somewhere, but the odds of so many of them being in the same part of space are astronomical (pun intended).

9) Think of an entirely new plot, one which should not be based around the force in any way, seeing as any self-respecting future universe would pour nothing but scorn on a council of naturally gifted magicians who claim to be wiser and better than the majority by virtue of a mystical entity nobody understands and few even know exists.

10) Things can't explode in space! Never ever ever! It's a complete and absolute vacuum and the explosions they portray in the films are huge by any standards. There is no oxygen in space! Fires cannot burn because there is nothing to burn! Fires need oxygen, heat and fuel. Space has only one of these, which is fuel, and even then the pressure and density differences between the compressions of the travelling ship and the perfect vacuum of space would disperse all particles so quickly that an explosion could not take place. Things would simply fall apart.

More coming soon, but I need breakfast now.

Edited by Vortigern, 18 May 2008 - 10:15 AM.

I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:08 AM

^rofl

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:Keeping Apocalypse and Wrath alive
  •  Apocalypse Admin, Wrath of Orion Admin

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

Vorty, mate, it's just a movie. There are plenty more just as implausible movies out there. It's just entertainment, it doesn't have to be perfectly scientifically accurate.
Posted Image
This is the place where all the junkies go, where time gets fast but everything gets slow.
I'll get to the moon if I have to crawl.
The problem with any government is that it eventually attracts politicians.

#8 Matt Waller

Matt Waller

• Hosted
  • 123 posts
  •  The Fanatic

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:39 AM

yeah, plus they might have figured out another way to do Faster-than-light travel. We thought the earth was flat until a couple of centuries ago and a new theory was discovered.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

the earths what now!?

i would be careful if your going to put that kinda crazy into practice, you could very well fall of the edge of the world!

:p

Posted Image

#10 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

I know it's just a film, I just don't like it. Or any of them. I shall cease my ranting, then. You've got a decent point, though, there are plenty of shitty movies out there. Star Wars is just one of the worst. It wouldn't surprise me if George Lucas thought the world was flat....

#11 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

again, you speak as if you think it is not?
:rolleyes:

anyway, yeah, sometimes, even though movies are made to be not real, its still annoying...

oh well

Posted Image

#12 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:07 AM

It - was - supposed - to - be so eeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssyyyyyyyyy!

Today I have accomplished absolutely nil, in just being out of the house I've lost out, if I wanted to end up with more now I should have just stayed in bed like I know how!
Posted Image
This is the place where all the junkies go, where time gets fast but everything gets slow.

#13 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

You spent the day in bed? It's alright for some, I was at work all the goddamn day, and I will be four days next week. It would be five, but Monday's a bank holiday. Speaking of which, woo! Anyway, yeah, for purposes of not hijacking this thread too far, Astral Conflict: Dark Cadence, sounds like it good be fun if it gets seriously different to the Star Wars universe in a fair few aspects. Maybe if you made the planets flat....

#14 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:18 PM

^Rofl

(sounds bit strange coming from the guy who was complaining about how unrealistic it was before... :D)

Posted Image

#15 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

Well, I've decided to treat it and accept it as the bit of fun it is, as I don't for a minute assume that this RP will be taking itself too seriously. Also, flat planets could be really good fun to play on... You could push people over the edge as a punishment :D

#16 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

lol

the death star could go around cutting the planets up like pizza, lol :p

Posted Image

#17 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

MARK LANDWALKER: Oh Dirth Veeder, you are so evil!
DIRTH VEEDER: Haha! Behold the might of my Death-Wheel! *slices planet Youngeron in half*
YOUNGERON'S INHABITANTS: Shiiiiiiit!!!! *fall off planet as it veers drunkenly towards the sun*
:p

Consider this as my approval for a de-crapped laser battle. By which I mean to say, 'OK, I'm in.' :p

Edited by Fire Ze Missiles!, 25 May 2008 - 12:31 PM.

Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#18 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

+20 bonus points to anyone who can name the song I posted above. I was hoping one of you Brits might get it.
Posted Image

#19 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

I take it it's by a British band then? I have no idea...clue? What genre is it? I probably won't even know anyway ^_^
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#20 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

Hip Hop/Rap. He's had a few hits somewhat recently.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users