Wolf Lords Tech Tree vs 2.6

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

Here's the public version of the Wolf Lords Tech Tree - icons are appropriate placeholders only for now - I'm looking forward to doing our own versions soon, though unit icons really require the 3D assets to be finished, so some of these will be in place for a while. I've removed the comments the developers read, so you'll have to guess about the exact effects and abilities on display here - have to keep something in the back for later right? I hope you enjoy speculating... :p

Also - feel welcome to give me your thoughts and feedback. Please don't try to draw us on giving away more than is here though.

Attached Files

#2 Richter

Richter
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hey Meph.

Whats your plans with the Leman Russ Exterminator? It dont seem to be a placeholder of any kind, so im guessing its a full unit.

Just wondering why a Gaurd unit snuck in there....

--Richter

#3 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

Consider yourself fluffed!

Ha. But seriously, it's a very reasonable question. The Leman Russ Exterminator is a fluffy SW unit - a tithe of tanks from a forge world that Russ defended (and note the tank itself bears the name of Russ - primarch of the SW). It was a logical addition by GW to the Wolves army, despite normally being an IG unit. The decision to include it is therefore really out of my hands...

#4 Chaplain261

Chaplain261
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:15 PM

That is a pretty cool piece of fluff Mephistoned, I like the looks of the tech tree, I wish you luck on your journey, fellow battle brother. :p

#5 Silent Assassin2

Silent Assassin2
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:45 AM

Nice tech tree Mephistoned I dont know much about space wolves my first army was plague marines thus I was the enemy :p

#6 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:06 AM

Nice tech tree Mephistoned I dont know much about space wolves my first army was plague marines thus I was the enemy :p

A plague marine in our forum? Out with the virus checker then...

Thanks a lot guys - journey it will be!

#7 Richter

Richter
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

Ah! Very nice, thank you for that, i didnt kno. I shall read up on that.

#8 Silent Assassin2

Silent Assassin2
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:43 AM

Are u rubbishing plague? thier awesome they'll kick space marines butts :p

#9 Silent Assassin2

Silent Assassin2
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

Just joking around space marines are cool looking forward to this mod even though I dont know the space wolves

#10 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Projects:Wolf Lords, intrested in others
  •  suggestionist >:D

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

Bump ^^ :good: anyway, i may have nothing to fear but i think i might! where are the wulfen!! it is told that wolflords would take transformed brothers from their companys to war with them to die with honour. a wulfen would be an awesome attack unit still wearing power armour perhaps. how about it?
War Within, War Without, War Unending. For Russ and the Alfather! For the Wolftime!

#11 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

Bump ^^ :p anyway, i may have nothing to fear but i think i might! where are the wulfen!! it is told that wolflords would take transformed brothers from their companys to war with them to die with honour. a wulfen would be an awesome attack unit still wearing power armour perhaps. how about it?

Fear not - they are there my friend! The wolf scouts can be transformed into Wulfen in Tier 4. And yes they will still have pieces of power armour on...

#12 Chaplain261

Chaplain261
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

That is sick, as in a good thing :p

#13 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:30 AM

poor scouts u know their 1 of the most least likely to transform as they are hardened veterans of centurys
War Within, War Without, War Unending. For Russ and the Alfather! For the Wolftime!

#14 Brother-Captain Vesuvious

Brother-Captain Vesuvious
  • Project Team
  • 248 posts
  • Projects:Dark Angels mod for DoW:SS and UltraMarines mod Modling and Texture for both. UV unwrapping for BFG mod, and my own little project

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

well, do you want your terminators turning on you?
Glory to the Emperor, Death to the Fallen.

When out of bullets, i often find that throwing rocks/bricks is a great alternative.

#15 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

well, do you want your terminators turning on you?

Ha! Actually I chose scouts because of the idea that they've been living in the wilds, away from the pack, for too long...

#16 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

terminaters rarely turn XD, shouldnt it be the bloodclaws, (this is a suggestion) that if you could sorta level your bloodclaws as they have more and more melee combat some of them could turn?

#17 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

terminaters rarely turn XD, shouldnt it be the bloodclaws, (this is a suggestion) that if you could sorta level your bloodclaws as they have more and more melee combat some of them could turn?

Logically it should be Blood Claws, and it's a neat idea to have them turn in combat - but Wolf Scouts turning to Wulfen works better as far as the game concerned IMO. The Wulfen need to be loners in this mod.

#18 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

in an ideal world this mod would be 100% compatable with the thousand sons mod, imagine being able to create the last space wolf book, forcing wolves to change. addition to my other suggestion, the wulfen can be in different stages, if its completly taken over instantly the wolf will be incapable of defending himself for a minuete whilst his fangs grow with hair and nails. I suggest if you would do this you would change the transforming marines terrain cover to negative or below so he takes 60% more damage. in a differet suggestion, as i found out about in the last SW book about becoming wolf bitten. perhaps advanced sense untill the moment of transformation.

anyways just an idea pool, dive in :p

Edited by Long Fang, 10 May 2009 - 08:43 PM.

#19 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

in an ideal world this mod would be 100% compatable with the thousand sons mod, imagine being able to create the last space wolf book, forcing wolves to change. addition to my other suggestion, the wulfen can be in different stages, if its completly taken over instantly the wolf will be incapable of defending himself for a minuete whilst his fangs grow with hair and nails. I suggest if you would do this you would change the transforming marines terrain cover to negative or below so he takes 60% more damage. in a differet suggestion, as i found out about in the last SW book about becoming wolf bitten. perhaps advanced sense untill the moment of transformation.

anyways just an idea pool, dive in :xd:

Thanks for that - what's this last space wolf book - is this some thousand sons fluff I don't know, or do u mean the last GW paperback? Do tell all - I haven't read any of GW's space wolves books TBH.

I dearly hope one day this mod WILL be compatible with others, but all in good time. We do have a research for Ancient Grudges, which works with Dark Angels and TS in mind, but it is of course available against other races too.

Edited by Mephistoned, 11 May 2009 - 03:28 AM.

#20 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

sounds great , its the last black library book , wolfs honour where ragnar meets the 13th company , continuation of the story of the spear of russ and thousand sons + madox use dark sorcery to bring out the wolf in all spacewolves and if continued it would turn every spacewolf into a wulfen and turn the mighty ancients into crazed machines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users