Svarog Sector Maps

maps

37 replies to this topic

#1 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Welcome to Svarog Sector, expanse separated from rest of the Imperium by a millenium of warp storms. As the storms abate and lines of communication are reestablished, enemies of Man grasp for the domains of the Emperor and flames of war rage again.

Cut of and left to their own devices for one thousand years, men of Svarog have grown strong in their devotion to the Emperor and fanatical in their hatred for the enemy.

They will not bend or bow, and wil pay the price, for enemies of Imperium are many as are the worlds they seek to corrupt and twist in their own foul image.

All maps are for Soulstorm

Edited by ZmajOgnjeniVuk, 10 July 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#2 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

1. Dangerous Waters 4vs4

Dangerous_Waters_Screenshots.jpg

http://www.moddb.com...angerous-waters

2. Mandragore 4vs4

Mandragore_Screenshots_01.JPG

http://www.moddb.com...dons/mandragore

3. Myrmidon Prime 4vs4

Myrmidon_Prime_Screenshot.jpg

http://www.moddb.com...prime-dowss-map

4. Avet Alpha 4vs4

Avet_Alpha_Screenshot.jpg

http://www.moddb.com...dons/avet-alpha

5. Shape of Things That Were 4vs4

Shape_of_Things_That_Were_Screen.jpg

http://www.moddb.com...that-were-dowss

6. Gardens of the Saint 4vs4

Gardens_of_the_Saint_Screenshots.jpg

https://www.moddb.co...-saint-svarog-7

7. Paradise Lost 4vs4

8. Walls of Pobeda 4vs4

9. Beacon of Martyrs 4vs4

Beacon_of_Martyrs_Screenshots.jpg

https://www.moddb.co...og-11-dowss-map

10. Peruns' Hammerfall Void Colonies 

11. A House Divided 4vs4

12. Eternal Forests of Lesnik 4vs4

Eternal_Forests_of_Lesnik_Screen.jpg

https://www.moddb.co...ss-map/#7491689

13. Hidden Intent 4vs4

Hidden_Intent_Screenshots.jpg

https://www.moddb.co...intent-svarog-7

14. Boldly They Stood 4vs4

Boldly_They_Stood_Screenshots.jpg

https://www.moddb.co...og-14-dowss-map

15. Seeds of Subversion 4vs4

Seeds_of_Subversion_Screenshots.jpg

https://www.moddb.co...og-10-dowss-map

16. Highway of Heroes 4vs4

Highway_of_Heroes_Screenshots.jpg

https://www.moddb.co...rog-9-dowss-map

Edited by ZmajOgnjeniVuk, 10 July 2022 - 09:52 AM.

#3 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Cool man.. all tested on 3.20 Adv. AI ok? All startpoints don't foul the AI up as that always needs to be tested as some maps out there have waypoints/perimeters which will cause bounding box issues with how the AI sets its base up trying to negotiate the start area best it can. Nevertheless.. more maps the better especially ones which are classic locations in War40k lore!

Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#4 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Thudo mate, hi there. Thanks for taking time to check on my work.

Now, as far as maps go, yes they all have been tested with AI 3.20, I have it installed for SS and everything works okey, as far as I could notice.

Have you had opportunity to play the maps themselves?

Cheers mate

Edited by ZmajOgnjeniVuk, 24 July 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#5 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

With my insane schedule I can try. I just finished a 3-4 day marathon to finish up the remaining new Voice packs for Wa40k for use in any modern RTS and just finishing off the massively ambitious Deathwatch/Ordo Xenos voice scripting so voicing will commence there soon also. Have to try these great maps!

#6 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

You have been a busy bee indeed :D :mellowthumbsup:

When you get a change, give them a go and tell me what you think

Cheers mate

Good to talk to you after so long.

#7 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Good to have you back, Z, especially after the massive BS that was BiA.. War40k needs artists like yourself working in DoW1...

#8 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the compliments Thudo :) I appreciate it. Man, the BIA, if it only had a different ending. All the stuff that went into it, the time, passion...well, no sense to weep over things long gone :D BTW, are you still in touch with Robb, I tried on several occassions to conntact him but to no avail.

Keep up the awesome work you have been doing so far.

Sorry for responding so late to your comment, I hope you don't mind :)

Cheers mate

Zmaj

#9 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Not sure on Maestro (Rob).. thought he is around but obviously the days of 2005-07 are long gone but we all move on eh? War40k keeps on going of course. ;)

Yeah man moving forward on items.. just trying to get the 3D/OE/FX workflow done but waiting on those devs to help us.

I'm been busy with completing all the voices but writing some left over scripts the FoK/PoK have so those are now 99% done then I need to finalize all Deathwatch/Ordo Xenos ones. Still waiting on some final scripts there so then it will be time to add spit/polish then pull it all together. Quite excited!

#10 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:54 PM

Right, added the latest 2 maps I made, Avet Alpha and Shape of Things That Were.

Maps are in the first post.
Info as always can be found in the dl links.

Enjoy

Thud, sorry for never getting back to you, to be honest completely forgot about your post.

#11 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:50 PM

Nah man.. finished up all of Deathwatch/Ordo Xenos AND Grey Knights/Ordo Malleus as well since we corresponded on the topic. I wanted to 1UP Compiler's IDH mod but doing a complete Ordo Malleus character list even including Draigo himself. :O

The only thing I may do is add extra Chapter-specific battle cries to the represent Deathwatch Kill-Team participation from the major marine armies. I'd prefer to help on this but its not much work.

Next up.. I may do SELECT Ordo Hereticus/Adeptus Soroitas characters we are missing. again, not much work as it won't be a full army this time.

#12 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

Greetings to everyone, just wanted to announce a new map which should be soon here, "Gardens of the Saint", 4vs4 with 6-7 height levels, a lot of defensive structures and I would say, probably my most detailed map so far. I took a lot of time, most of it was ready back in 2015 but I did not have a SCAR coder for it. It will be placed in Svarog Sector as well and I do hope you will enjoy.  

#13 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

Ok, so you might notice that my last post was in May this year and in rather optimistic way it announced that map "Gardens of the Saint will soon be here". Ahem, as you can see, that is yet to happen. Thing is, the map is finished, has been for almost three years now but I needed someone to SCAR code certain features of the map. I tried reaching out to people I know have experience in SCAR code, however, many of them are busy with RL preoccupation and have other priorities, which is understandable. From what I could gather, DoW 1 community has very few SCAR coders presently. 

In the meantime, while I was searching for a coder, I have almost finished another map and have planned starting on the new map featuring Tau enclave. Also, during this time, I have found out how to make custom decals (Oh Joy :D) and have been plundering all the codices I could get my hands on for artwork which could be turned to decals. I would say I have more than 150 custom decals so far ready to be used and they will be released with the Gardens of the Saint. I have been also messing with the 3DMax and idea of creating some new custom scenery. 

However, the issue of SCAR coding remains and thus, after talking with some of other folks here and upon their suggestion, I decided to ask for help in the same thread where I post my maps. I didn't want to start a new thread and complicate matters and wanted everything on one thread for purpose of clarity. So, starting from Gardens of the Saint, I will be posting as precise and detailed as possible description of what I want SCAR to do in my maps, followed with pictures for purposes of clarity and I was hoping those who can would be willing to help out. 

With the earlier experiences, I presume there are really low chances of finding a single person to work on the SCAR, so instead I am hoping that after reading what SCAR is supposed to do for certain map, you guys could jump in, maybe copy/paste a part of the code you have already made for some other project but which you see could be used in my maps as well, maybe some of you could take upon themselves to create a part of the code, or something else so that in the end I could basically "frankenstein" the code and make it work. For example, I already have part of the code for No building zones, which was first used in Myrmidon Prime and later reused in other maps.  

One thing you should not expect from me is coding. This does not come from place of arrogance or anything similar, but simply from work, family, other obligations and fact I never knew how to code. I would be willing to do the repetitive work within the map (for example, placing and name indicators which delineate space covered by the no_building_zones) of course, so in essence I need help with the code itself. In the next couple of days I should have clear description for what SCAR should do in Gardens of the Saint. 

Thanks in advance.

All the best,
ZmajOgnjeniVuk   

Edited by ZmajOgnjeniVuk, 22 August 2018 - 08:34 PM.

#14 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:11 AM

I can possibly have a look tomorrow, but I do not have map editor, I don't think - didn't dark40k do one?

You will need to have named all your capture points into numerically increasing egroups. Any patrol routes will need to be defined by markers with a decent radius of 15 or so, again numerically named. Stuff can be given random orders but it will be dissatisfactory.

#15 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:12 PM

I can possibly have a look tomorrow, but I do not have map editor, I don't think - didn't dark40k do one?

You will need to have named all your capture points into numerically increasing egroups. Any patrol routes will need to be defined by markers with a decent radius of 15 or so, again numerically named. Stuff can be given random orders but it will be dissatisfactory.

I believe you are thinking of the other issue we spoke of, the wandering servo-skulls.

The Garden of the Saint will not be featuring that, but something else.

I use the vanilla one, dont know about this version dark40k did. First time hearing about it actually.

#16 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:49 PM

SCAR requirements for

"GARDENS OF THE SAINT"

1. CONTROL SHRINE: On one of the pictures, you will see a structure named Control shrine. Its a custom object hiding a critical location. Control of this critical location provides control of all turrets at the same level where the critical location is placed. Given that CL can be in three modes, behavior of the turrets at that level will be the following:
Untaken CL - turrets are not active and are not shown on the map.
Taken CL - Turrets belong to a player who took the CL, appear once enemies enter the detection zone (marker circle with proximity of 25 shown in one of the pices), engage enemies and their fire can be directed by the player.

CL in process of being uncapped - If already taken by a player, critical location can be captured by other players and if done during combat, and as soon as controlling player banner is removed, turrets disappear from the map until CL is capped.

2. TURRET BEHAVIOR: As soon as enemies enter zone marked by the white circle (with proximity 25) turret appears instantly at the predetermined position and engages enemy. Turret will continue to fire upon the enemy either until it is destroyed or until enemy retreats. After enemies retreat, turret remains at its position for next 15 seconds and if enemy does not return during that period, turret disappears. If it was damaged during the combat, once it disappears it will be instantaneously repaired. However, if it was destroyed, it will be replaced by another turret after 90 seconds. Turrets should be excluded from the player buildings so that a player can make standard turrets (6 per HQ). Turrets used in the map are Space Marine faction turrets. 

3. TURRET UPGRADE: After 15 minutes from game start, all turrets upgrade from heavy bolter turrets to missile turrets.

4. NO BUILD ZONE: Code which prevents building structures within certain zone {COMPLETED: I had this part of the code from previous maps}  

This is it for the the Gardens of the Saint. I believe I have covered everything, though it has been awhile since I opened this map. If you have a solution for some of the issues above, either paste it below of send it to me via PM. 

This is one of the best maps, from aesthetic perspective, I have done so far and I hope we will be able to finish this so you can enjoy it.

All the best,
ZmajOgnjeniVuk

Control shrine and radius of turret detection and reaction to enemy presence 
GotS_6.jpg
Overall map - five levels have turrets, every level has 20 turrets which cover entire length of that level
GotS_5.jpg
Map detail 1
GotS_4.jpg
Map detail 2
GotS_3.jpg
Map detail 3
GotS_1.jpg
Map detail 4
GotS_2.jpg

Edited by ZmajOgnjeniVuk, 26 August 2018 - 08:39 AM.

#17 Kekoulis

Kekoulis

Apothecary Novice

• Members
  • 2,151 posts
  • Projects:Emperor's Children
  •  Slaanesh's Glory

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:10 PM

Beautiful stuff man!  :w00t:  Expertly done!

ec-sig-early2.gif

Mankind has seen the light,the light of Slaanesh.

#18 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:27 AM

Dammit, this is an AWESOME map!!

Man, I am very busy with DA right now, and I have a HUGE line of other modding tasks  :ermm: 

What you want to achieve is NOT difficult at all, in fact I have already coded most of the "workings" required in my existing win conditions for Unification / Survival.

But I cannot help right now.... :sad2:

Perhaps I will have some free time within the next month, but I cannot be sure - the DeathWatch is also in its way, and there are HUGE needs in Unification as well.

Tell you want. If no other coder show up till then, I will try to help.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#19 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 05:19 AM

I'm not sure what you want is strictly possible as I don't believe being uncapped is a valid state.

Anyway, for multiple cl I would call each point something like point1, point2. I would position my three markers around that with a 10 radius. At point1, I would call the markers turret11, turret12 and turret13. At point2, turret21, turret22 etc.

If it's just the one cl, call it and the markers what you want!

Very easy to check if a point is or is not captured by anyone, but it's a true/false so... You could run a check to see if it had an owner and now doesn't, which would wipe the turrets. It will look a bit odd if they keep coming and going, why do they despawn when enemies wander off. Would seem more consistent that they are just there until the point is lost.

Very easy to spawn turrets, not too bad to repair. That said, is this a map that needs a module file? You mentioned a custom object so I assume this is a separate mod rather than just maps you drop in?

If so I'm concerned that the turrets may not be upgradeable as I have this feeling the add-on will have a requisite of some space marine junk? Not sure if the scar forcing add-ons will care about that or not. Just worth a check and you may need to make a requirements neutral add-on.

Having reread it then you will need to make a custom turret ebps as otherwise it will count against a marine player turret allowance.

Neither this or skulls sounds too arduous, so have faith! Upload the offending maps, finished or not and we'll get to them. I would need to know the marker and LP names owing to lack of map editor. I won't get to it quickly as going on holiday soon.

#20 ZmajOgnjeniVuk

ZmajOgnjeniVuk
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:10 PM

@Kekoulis 
Thank you good sir :smile2ap: , another one is almost done and the ideas I have for more maps (insert evil laughter here) :D 

@Gambit

Thanks Gambit, a lot of work went into it, glad you like it. 
I understand you are busy but Im glad to hear that its not difficult to achieve. 

What you want to achieve is NOT difficult at all, in fact I have already coded most of the "workings" required in my existing win conditions for Unification / Survival.

So, could we use this code you already have?

Tell you want. If no other coder show up till then, I will try to help.

Like I said, understand you are busy, but Im glad you are willing to at least give it a go. Thanks mate.

@Fuggles

I'm not sure what you want is strictly possible as I don't believe being uncapped is a valid state.

Well, in that case, could the code just remove turrets as soon as controlling player loses possession of the CL?

Anyway, for multiple cl I would call each point something like point1, point2. I would position my three markers around that with a 10 radius. At point1, I would call the markers turret11, turret12 and turret13. At point2, turret21, turret22 etc.

I understood all of that except for the "my three markers around that with a 10 radious". I don't get what are you referring to. Your suggestion is excellent, will follow upon it. 

Very easy to check if a point is or is not captured by anyone, but it's a true/false so... You could run a check to see if it had an owner and now doesn't, which would wipe the turrets. It will look a bit odd if they keep coming and going, why do they despawn when enemies wander off. Would seem more consistent that they are just there until the point is lost.

We could turn this into simple issue of someone is controlling CL or no one is controlling it. If someone controls (and by control I mean possessing the CL) the CL, turrets appear once enemies come, if no one controls the CL, turrets do not appear under any circumstances. I wanted turrets to be "retractable" because this is supposed to be a shrine and pilgrimage site, not an active combat outpost. Did not want defensive measure to be obvious. 
So in conclusion to this point:
If CL is not taken by anyone, turrets do not appear at all.
If CL is taken, turrets do not appear until enemies enter the range, after they do, turrets spawn and engage. If destroyed, the are replaced 90 seconds after combat is over and surviving turrets "retract" following the 15 seconds of "waiting for the enemy to return". If just damaged during skirmish, once retracted, they are fixed instantly.  

Very easy to spawn turrets, not too bad to repair. That said, is this a map that needs a module file? You mentioned a custom object so I assume this is a separate mod rather than just maps you drop in?

No, there will be no new custom objects here, I mentioned possibility of making some custom objects. It should be a normal map you just drop into the original game. 

Having reread it then you will need to make a custom turret ebps as otherwise it will count against a marine player turret allowance.

So this is gonna happen even if its just a normal map. Is there any way around this? Do not want to weaken the SM players?

Neither this or skulls sounds too arduous, so have faith! Upload the offending maps, finished or not and we'll get to them. I would need to know the marker and LP names owing to lack of map editor. I won't get to it quickly as going on holiday soon.

Glad you think that, thanks :) however, I am not to big of a fan of uploading unfinished maps. I like for everything to be done and play test it before I release it. I will name the markers and provide you with information and I hope you enjoy your vacation, have fun :) and thanks once again.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users