#1 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

I'm getting very close to the wrap up, regarding needed models for the first release of SEE-DC...

This is the last model needed for Misty Mountains factions. Now, in the movies, I get the impression that the costume designers either was inconsistent, or deliberately chose to differ the orcs that marched with Azog from Dol Guldur, and the orcs that marched with Bolg from Gundabad, to the Battle of the Five Armies. So if I would stay 100 percent true to the movies, I would need one more or less uniform model (Gundabad), and one LUA based with random armor parts (Dol Guldur). But to avoid having this faction utilize too many types of orcs, I'm strongly leaning towards combining them both, giving the mixed impression we see in the actual battle, when the orc army charge. In all those scenes, the orc differ in armor and weapons, except shield that seem to be mostly the same. I got a very nice model from Tactics mod, by Ruudy. But that is an early model based strongly on the Games Workshop concept (that is very good though). So, even though I like the body and armor (that is also slightly random), I'm going for a head of my own, as well as a range of 4-5 helmets and perhaps a few weapons, and hopefully the rigger can combine them.

Just finished the generic head.

DxIQDvH.jpg

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Awesome work, eager to SEE the results  :thumbsuphappy: .

Will they be solely swordsmen, or also archers and pikes?

Edited by Bashkuga, 14 August 2016 - 07:09 PM.

#3 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

Thank u =)

No archers (could not see any in the film?), but swordsmen and pikemen, yes  :thumbsupcool: The Gundabad Pikemen will replace the ugly pike wielding Marauder model from EA  :trickydick:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#4 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:48 PM

There were archers actually; can be seen in the chariot scene. They were pretty hard to spot, since they were more on the sides of the screen. I marked some of them in these screenshots (there were more if you watch the scene closely):

Archers 1.jpg

Archers 2.jpg

Archers are so underrated in BFME mods :xd:. Would be nice ofcourse if you would add them to the mod  :smilehuh:.

Edited by Bashkuga, 14 August 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#5 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

I'll be damned... Well, don't think I will add another battalion just cause of those two glimts :trickydick: This faction will utilize Moria archers.

First helmet done.

EHhGDFZ.jpg

Edited by Nazgûl, 15 August 2016 - 12:26 AM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#6 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:51 AM

Moria goblins are the spam unit. It might be useful to have an elite archer unit - even as a fractional part of a hero summons or bodyguard.

We could also use the Berserker Orcs from Gundabad?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#7 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:29 AM

Hello this very interesting your model , just as detail are certainly some orcs. in more detail, the mouth on skin like vultures, obviously, to feed meat rotten

Dol guldur orc

Orcs.jpg

Regarding Dol Guldur and orc Gundabad, believe me, I have spent hours analyzing the films and concept art models

Gundabad orcs, their helmets, are very characteristic, bear the mark of the strength of iron, just as their spears, lake we have to note that the film is, bad created, and there are many details in the air , the orcs, Gundabad not take much armor as Dol Guldur.

tumblr_nzbnuj7Agq1u874v8o1_500.jpg

#8 Pavey(Thrandy)

Pavey(Thrandy)
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:Nothing
  •  Toilet

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

Daaaamn! You ringwraiths know how to do stuff man!

'We Fixed the Thrandy bug.Don't reimplement the Thrandy bug,Pasidon.' - Dunedain Ranger , RiderOfRohan

#9 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

Okay, I've done some research. This is the clearest difference I can find. We can reconcile the fact that they have similar armour because they are fighting as one giant force of orcs. The helmets are used to tell them apart.

Here are the Soldier Orcs of Dol Guldur.

2xAoTSm.jpg

Here are the Soldier Orcs of Gundabad, where I imagine they all originated from.

jk9Ysqf.jpg

What I would also love to see are the Berserker Orcs.

IkNXX65.jpg

Here is a quote from WETA The Art of War.

The Orc soldiers that Azog led to war from Dol Guldur were originally designed to be Gundabad Orcs.

... the new Gundabad Orc soldier designs were extrapolated from what had already been done, so they ended up looking very similar in armour design and stature to Azog's army, but with some key differences... iconic shapes John Howe had introduced on the Gundabad fortress.

... there were some differences. John Howe came up with such a strong shape motif for Gundabad that was carried through everything, so it popped up again in their helmet crests, their flags and banners - everywhere.

Their armour was darker, more saturated and rusty, which matched the look of the tower...

And another quote about Azog's Warrior Orcs.

... iron-grey palette...

... they had been issued with a standard, basic suit of armour that was fairly uniform...

... but we made a range of helmets that were variations on a theme...

About the Berserker Orcs.

[Armour] looking hand-made, using a lot of leather...

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#10 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:15 PM

picture simplify designs legions of Gundabad
Clearly this on poor quality but more than enough differences

Gundabad Orcs 

Gundabad_ocr.2.jpg

Gundabad Berserker

Gundabad_ocr_berserk.jpgGundabad_ocr_berserk1.jpg

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:24 AM

I'd say, MTL, that the first picture you got shows the orcs that came with Bolg, from Gundabad.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#12 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:20 AM

Those orcs are pouring straight from the Were-worm tunnels. =p

And I have sent you complete images. But here are some crops of the Soldier Orcs. The Berserker Orcs have many pages for their design in WETA The Art of War.

Azog Orc Soldier

http://i.imgur.com/mPvYVky.jpg

Azog Orc Soldier Helmet variation 2

http://i.imgur.com/XDOiQVZ.jpg

Gundabad Orc

http://i.imgur.com/jbs2dCy.jpg

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 16 August 2016 - 03:59 AM.

#13 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

Yeah I saw the cnas. Great stuff, thank you =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

Been away, with my family... 

Update, featuring full body and two helmets. I'll make a few more helmets, but the body will be uniform. I simply choose the one with the best reference material.

t2LYZlj.jpg

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#15 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

Your metal has certainly improved. =)

I created a news post for the BfME Online Community for you. Once we've got stuff in game, then I can revive our ModDB page. ;)

https://www.facebook...935892559976302

#16 Lü Bu

Lü Bu
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  •  Myghtiest Man Alive

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:20 PM

Bravo!!

#17 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

Hello all,

Wondering if everyone is still around... I remember back in the day, lurking around making comments, oh how different life is now. Wondering if there is any news? If not... I'll return to the shadows, watching and waiting for news 

I'm not listening, not listening!

#18 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:31 PM

Gollum, even though Nazgul is not active, NJM and I have been modding and mapping for AotR. AotR has brought the everyone from this community together and has joined with mods like TDH and SaF. So exiting things have been happening.

#19 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:24 AM

During my long absence, I made these helmets for the Gundabad Orcs...

It's basically all helmets that I can distinguish from the movie  :thumbsupxd:

Dol_Guldur_Orc_Helmets.jpg

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#20 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:05 PM

Looks good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users