[Red Alert 3] cannot launch the game once hooked with the CnC online launcher

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nemoli

Nemoli
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 02:31 PM

hello, so i have been struggling with almost every fix and solution i can think of and looking through this forum, i am on the EA app (as Origin wanted to update to that) and i have the ultimate collection.

as i said i have tried everything from bibblers fixed launcher which just makes the EA app say it couldnt launch the game, even in admin mode and compatibility mode, same with the medstar fixed launcher aswell.

and when i hook the game i am able to launch the launcher and when i get to the select between uprising or just regular Red Alert 3, and whenever i click the regular Red Alert 3 it just closes and goes back to the EA App, with no launching of CnC online, i have tried admin perms and compatibility and everything i can think of, but whenever i unhook it i can launch it.

Now the Operating system i am using is Windows 10.

the log is here, please help i have tried everything and i really want to play with my friends, please and thank you.

----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\
ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\RA3.exe. Error: The file cannot be found.

ERROR: Unable to launch Red Alert 3

#2 Kevin74

Kevin74
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 09:07 PM

We have the same problem, in my case after a lot of effort I was able to move from your error to this one

Red Alert 3 Install Path: G:\Origin\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\
Started game with: ""G:\Origin\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\RA3.exe" "
Caught CREATE_PROCESS_DEBUG_EVENT from Red Alert 3. Detaching...
ERROR: game.dat process not found.

If you want to progress to that state also, the steps are, repair your RA3 game from EA Store (it un-does any patch), install the bibber patch, open the C&C online, click hook, and close it

Go to your game launcher path, in your case I think it is  C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\RA3.exe and enable run as admin, then go to the parent folder, and launch the RA3Launcher.exe, click ra 3 , and then it opens C&C Online, click Red Alert 3, your EA app would try to start the game and it would fail.... but Yey!... at least the launcher is able to find the RA3.exe XD

Edit: After some more experiments, I could advance to been able to run the game, now I get invalid password message, but I have no idea if it's EA server reply or revora one, the logs says it was patched

Red Alert 3 Install Path: G:\Origin\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\
Started game with: ""G:\Origin\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\RA3.exe" "
Found game.dat process. PID 15900
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

Ok, this message means the launcher works! :) , just that the password is not the forum password, as it's explained in the common issues section.

Dear admins I would add the following steps to fix EA version, or maybe link to this post :p (I don't care if you guys just copy&paste this text :p)

1 - Repair the ra3 game in the EA app (go to game list, right click, repair game)
2- Close the EA store (maybe unrequired, but EA can be listening to executables, I don't know, just do it XD
3- Go to https://www.gamerepl..._-t1013524.html and download it, replace your RA3.exe BUT DON'T RUN
4- Go to http://par.nofate.me and upload your  ra3_1.12.par which is inside Drive:\GamesFolder\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\Data , then replace your local file with the one you get generated from that website, then run RA3.exe (NOT the launcher), if the game launches that's a good sign :) ... if the game opens EA app ... something went bad
5- Go to https://bibber.eu/do...ction-launchers and apply the patch
6- Install C&C online, open and click hook, then DON'T RUN THE GAME and after the tick is marked, close it
7 - Go to Drive:\GamesFolder\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 and launch ra3 launcher RA3Launcher.exe (it should by default run as admin, as the patch applies that also, as far as my testing has been able to find) 
8 - From that launcher choose RA3, then your C&C Online should open, and it's safe to run the game
9- HAPPY MULTIPLAYER!!!

Note: For other errors not related to launching in EA store version, go to the known issues forum post

Edited by Kevin74, 29 March 2024 - 09:42 PM.

#3 Nemoli

Nemoli
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2024 - 11:17 PM

We have the same problem, in my case after a lot of effort I was able to move from your error to this one

ERROR: game.dat process not found.

If you want to progress to that state also, the steps are, repair your RA3 game from EA Store (it un-does any patch), install the bibber patch, open the C&C online, click hook, and close it

Go to your game launcher path, in your case I think it is  C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\RA3.exe and enable run as admin, then go to the parent folder, and launch the RA3Launcher.exe, click ra 3 , and then it opens C&C Online, click Red Alert 3, your EA app would try to start the game and it would fail.... but Yey!... at least the launcher is able to find the RA3.exe XD

Edit: After some more experiments, I could advance to been able to run the game, now I get invalid password message, but I have no idea if it's EA server reply or revora one, the logs says it was patched

Found game.dat process. PID 15900
*** Starting CA public key patching routine ***
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
*** Starting hostname hooking routine ***
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

Ok, this message means the launcher works! :) , just that the password is not the forum password, as it's explained in the common issues section.

Dear admins I would add the following steps to fix EA version, or maybe link to this post :p (I don't care if you guys just copy&paste this text :p)

1 - Repair the ra3 game in the EA app (go to game list, right click, repair game)
2- Close the EA store (maybe unrequired, but EA can be listening to executables, I don't know, just do it XD
3- Go to https://www.gamerepl..._-t1013524.html and download it, replace your RA3.exe BUT DON'T RUN
4- Go to http://par.nofate.me and upload your  ra3_1.12.par which is inside Drive:\GamesFolder\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\Data , then replace your local file with the one you get generated from that website, then run RA3.exe (NOT the launcher), if the game launches that's a good sign :) ... if the game opens EA app ... something went bad
5- Go to https://bibber.eu/do...ction-launchers and apply the patch
6- Install C&C online, open and click hook, then DON'T RUN THE GAME and after the tick is marked, close it
7 - Go to Drive:\GamesFolder\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 and launch ra3 launcher RA3Launcher.exe (it should by default run as admin, as the patch applies that also, as far as my testing has been able to find) 
8 - From that launcher choose RA3, then your C&C Online should open, and it's safe to run the game
9- HAPPY MULTIPLAYER!!!

Note: For other errors not related to launching in EA store version, go to the known issues forum post

i cannot find ra3_1.12.par  i only find ra3_1.12.game and when i try to use the site with that file it does nothing

#4 Kevin74

Kevin74
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2024 - 10:04 AM

My steps are only for EA app, if you don't have the file specified at the folder I passed, you probably are not running the game under EA app, or you didn't run the repair game, a first run from EA app may be required for EA App to generate those par files

https://imgur.com/a/4fHtlkX

Edited by Kevin74, 31 March 2024 - 10:08 AM.

#5 Twiety

Twiety
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2024 - 04:24 PM

My steps are only for EA app, if you don't have the file specified at the folder I passed, you probably are not running the game under EA app, or you didn't run the repair game, a first run from EA app may be required for EA App to generate those par files

https://imgur.com/a/4fHtlkX

I have the same issue, even though I'm using the EA App. I've de- and reinstalled the game, repaired it and launched it but there's still no ra3_1.12.par data. Does any of you have an idea how to fix this issue?

#6 Rozarh

Rozarh
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:06 PM

In the latest version EA Play and TUC (RA3 & Uprising) the following worked:

1. If you downloaded the game for the first time, you must run it to complete the activation process via EA Play.
  2. Repair the ra3 game in the EA app (go to game list, left click on RA3 menu [...] -> Repair)
  3. Note game Product Key (game list, left click on menu [...] -> View properties)
  4. Close the EA Play
  5. Go to https://github.com/l...eases/tag/v0.92 and download RA3.exe, replace your RA3.exe BUT DON'T RUN
  6. Go to https://bibber.eu/do...ction-launchers and apply the patch (You may need to enter your product key noted above)
  7. Install C&C online, open and click hook, then DON'T RUN THE GAME and after the tick is marked, close it
  8. Go to Drive:\GamesFolder\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 and launch ra3 launcher RA3Launcher.exe (it should by default run as admin, as the patch applies that also, as far as my testing has been able to find)
  9. From that launcher choose RA3, then your C&C Online should open, and it's safe to run the game
  10. HAPPY MULTIPLAYER!!!

While the game configured this way allows (maybe - I haven't checked) multiplayer, the cooperative campaign mode does not work.

It is possible to connect with another player, go through the introduction and briefing, and when entering the map we receive a failed connection error.

Some progress is visible because four years ago it was impossible to connect players in cooperation mode. However, I would really like to play in this mode with my wife. Do I have to wait another four years for this?

#7 D_Rock

D_Rock
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2024 - 05:00 AM

Thanks Rozarh! Your method worked for me. For other people's awareness, I bought the ultimate edition back on origin and am now using the EA App since Origin no longer exists and this worked to play RA3 1v1 with a friend online. So good! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users