Photo

FINAL BIG and Portraits :( but Hi everyone ! :)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saltmine

saltmine

Zero Poster

• New Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 06:58 PM

At least I can say hi to everyone! :w00t:

anyway, for whatever reason and i can't figure it out at all, even though i add new portraits or button images to the big file using finalbig correctly, and code it correctly the mod won't use them, ive even tried just replacing the images on existing heroes and basic units by just changing tga file name and it still wont work. However, the mod will use existing file names so if i copy the image i want to use and paste it over the old image and use that image it works fine.

BFME headache

Damrod image is now Grima

gondor_porter image is now sharku

but, other mods already created such as kings of the west and shadows and flame work just fine with proprietary different file names

this of course limits what i can mod, if anyone has any idea what is causing it and how to correct the problem that would be greatly appreciated

windows 11, BFME online edition, last version of FINALBIG (even tried compatibility mode XP)

big huge saltmine :whatoa:

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 August 2024 - 10:20 AM

Hi

You'll have to "write" a new asset.dat for the new art to be recognized in-game if they show up pink. Otherwise it might be an issue with your coding not being read by the game.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users