406 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

Its done, here it is. It got pushed back more than a month from when I thaught it was almost done, but it was well worth the wait. Alot of the best stuff came out in the last few days.

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html
or
http://rapidshare.de...Remix2.rar.html
or
ftp://24.110.61.133/contrabig
username Contra
leave password blank
do not log in anonamously

For those intesrested in testing the latest working copy for the comming Remix3
http://rapidshare.de...ra2.45.rar.html
unitil it is released it is provided as-is with no readme. Great if you already an acitve Remix fan, not for noobs.

the newest toys are added in red

......................Changes From Contra 03 Beta II ..........................

All Genreals:
Cost reduction on all basic ground units and base defenses
Cost reduction on all unit addons
Cost increase on all super weapons
General's promotion Requirements Removed from all buildings and upgrades
All main infantry can optionaly be built as squads

All GLA:
Bikers now build as squads

Assault GLA:
Mammoth Tank
Mig 19 Interceptor

Air USA:
Heavy EMP supprt Plane,
Mircowave Supprt Plane,
B-1B Lancer
Relay Center (Stratiegic Bombing Super weapon)
155mm Howitzer

Robot USA:
A10Thunderbolt
Apache
New commanche weapon
LittleBird (a Helocopter Spotter for A10s)
Tomahawk storm does significantly more damage to a smaller area.
Man Hunter Robot
Tank Hunter Robot
Cluster Tomahawk Tank
All infantry replaced by drones

Superweapon USA:
SDI cannon now works as a super-base defense against ground and air
Raptor with EMP missles
Patriot Tank

Infantry China:
Howitzer Iron Dragon
Light Tank
Light Tank turret upgrade
Foundation Defenses
Heavy Foundation Defenses
Wheeled Tanks
Krylin Neutron Tank

Nuke China:
Retaliator Iron Dragon
MSP-5 Nuke Launcher Turret
MIRV upgrade for nuke silo

Flame China:
Firestorm Iron Dragon
MSP-4A fire support tank and turrets have replaced flame china's gattling weapons, including Overlord and helix
Flame Thrower infantry now use flame throwers
Efreet Heavy Tank
Artillery Center (Scorched Earth Artillery Super Weapon)
Phoenix Super Sonic Napalm Striker

.....................Thanks To..................................
Creator for making Contra .03
The_hunter for providing the excelent TOS model
All the other fine people who posted models online for download
And all the good folks with tutorials all over the internet.
And special thanks to all play-testers

Contact Info
Pendaelose@hotmail.com

Edited by Pendaelose, 04 July 2005 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 stack111

stack111

born with rags, on the road to riches

• Hosted
  • 464 posts
  • Projects:Zero Hour Mod Conquer or Die

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

i really really really really, suggest you submit it here because this is all generals zero hour files to download

and i know this is filefront, but how do you expect people to find your filefront link; just by reading the contra thread :sad:

i hope you submit it in the above link, that link is what made me find out about contra mod

to submit it scroll down to the bottom of the page and click submit file
im pretty sure all you need is a couple of screen shots of your new units]'
include your read me, and i think just email something :p

PS: don't forget to add the install to the read me
Posted Image
"The great questions of the day will not be decided by speeches and resolutions but by blood and iron" Otto Von Bismarck

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:57 PM

Yes, I will, and 2 other sites I know... but one thing at a time. I do have a day job and its suffered enough for the sake of my modding.
besides, posting it on filefront first makes it much easier to submit it to many of these other sites because i already have a good link to it.

The install is already in the readme...

as for finding it... i'm not as worried as you might think. within 10 minutes of being posted on Revora it had been downloaded more than 10 times (thats all 3 links togeather) Its all about fun, not glory...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

Question. Is this just Contra but with changes? So i can just go back and forth?

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:35 PM

Question. Is this just Contra but with changes? So i can just go back and forth?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can move the files back and forth... all 3 files from Contra are changed, so by technicality its a whole new mod... but its built off of Contra .03 You can change back and forth as often as you feel like copying the files back and forth
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 01:44 AM

Guest was me. hehe, forget to log in.

Love the AI now, its a killer.
Leader of Star Wars: Legacy of War - a mod for Empire at War
Posted Image

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:21 AM

Guest was me. hehe, forget to log in.

Love the AI now, its a killer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Air USA did a scary one to me a few games back. I was playing cybr... 100% of my AA was missles. the bugger AI flew 3 ECM support planes and a few microwave support planes into my base and disabled every dozer and factory in the base. with 8 point dfense lasers he shot down 100% of my missles. I couldn't do anyhting to his planes, couldn't build units or buildings and he just ran a train on my ass with carpet bombers while I was paralyzed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 stack111

stack111

born with rags, on the road to riches

• Hosted
  • 464 posts
  • Projects:Zero Hour Mod Conquer or Die

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:47 AM

uh oh, looks like the mod needs some rebalancing, like remove the microwave planes ability to shoot down missles :huh:
Posted Image
"The great questions of the day will not be decided by speeches and resolutions but by blood and iron" Otto Von Bismarck

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:18 PM

All Squads run to their deaths and really do diddly squat. They just get run over.

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

All Squads run to their deaths and really do diddly squat. They just get run over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haddn't noticed. I always do guard orders. they behave normal then
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:05 PM

That was me. Well when I send them to attack they don't work. They just run up and thats it.
Posted Image

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:12 AM

That was me. Well when I send them to attack they don't work. They just run up and thats it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'll look into that, for mean time, use guard orders. Enable double right click guarding and they work great.

Also, this belongs in the Bug Thread.

Edited by Pendaelose, 11 June 2005 - 01:13 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Vaginomano

Vaginomano
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:38 PM

downloaded the remix, tried it a bit...
first impression: funny to play.

more to come...

#14 Guest_Help_*

Guest_Help_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:32 AM

How to use rapidshare? is it just click Free and wait???

#15 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:33 PM

How to use rapidshare? is it just click Free and wait???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its that easy. just click free and wait. I'd recomend using FileFront if you have a choice though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:59 PM

I'm working on one more version, though I promised my wife I wouldn't :p
I've done alot of weapon balancing, bug fixing, and a little unit adding

Bug Fixxes

I've fixed several small bugs in costs and build times. I think I may have fixxed the remaining squad bugs, but will require much testing to be sure.

Units Already added...

The "Efreet" Heavy Flame tank for flame. Esentialy a very big double barreled flame tank. much more devestating than a immolator, but also less versitile. the Efreet excells against most ground targets and has very heavy armor, but has short range and moves slow.

The "Kreylin" Neutron Assault Tank for infantry. Heavy, slow tank armed with Shortrange Neutron cannons. Does extreamly well when followed by teams of troop crawlers. very strong vs tanks and infantry, but weak against base defenses and buildings.

The Artillary Center for Flame China. Superweapon to replace the nuke. It calls in a very heavy barrage of incenerary shells. Causes several napalm fires and can create fire storms when multiple are fired at the same area.

working on...

Universal Defense Foundation for Infantry China to replace gattling turrets. very similare to the GLA defense site, it will house a variety of defense upgrades. Right now the list looks like Gattling, Artilary, Cluster Mortar, ECM, and Radar Site(Radar site may posibly double as artil relay).

Thinking about... (not started, just thinking right this moment)

Super Sonic Napalm striker for flame china. Similare to Aurora, would create a single very large firestorm on the target.

Edited by Pendaelose, 14 June 2005 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:52 PM

Don't take away Nuke Generals cool Nuke!!!!
Posted Image

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:12 AM

Don't take away Nuke Generals cool Nuke!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hell no! I love the MIRV! it stays! I'm just thinking of adding htings... nothing taken away. Even things taken away will be used by someone else...

but I'm thinking no such thing as taking away the MIRV!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Juggernaut1985

Juggernaut1985
  • Project Team
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:49 AM

Can you make an artillert turret with the range and cannon of the nuke cannon instead of that nuke launcher. Its weak. Nuke needs some good base defense artillery. And not the artillery units.
Posted Image

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:50 AM

Can you make an artillert turret with the range and cannon of the nuke cannon instead of that nuke launcher. Its weak. Nuke needs some good base defense artillery. And not the artillery units.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think I could call that launcher weak... it fires 2 missles each at the full damage of a nuke cannon. I've made my base untouchable by the compuer with just 3 of them and a few retaliators to cover the close area...

I also adjusted the sight radius on the nuke launchers to help them be more effective for base defense. I feel like Nuke has quite enough toys already.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users