• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 |MeMw| Ecthelion

|MeMw| Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  • Projects:various |MeMw| maps/ mods

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:10 PM

I guess I should make a new topic for this, seing as there isn't one already. ;)

I just played the mod (part of a game as both new factions) and loved it. I did notice a couple of things that need to be fixed.
-Some in-game descriptions for powers(I can only remeber arrow wind in the elves commandset, and buying a mumakil) weren't changed from how they normally are.
-When the dwarf is carrying the beer barrel, it doesn't heal units.
-Once a tent at a settlement was destroyed, I couldn't rebuild anything there. It worked fine with towers though. It may be that particualr plot, the one that's just south of the base in North Ithillien.
-The human's spear throw animations takes FOREVER. And then when some one else kills what he was aiming at, the whole thing starts over. You could make it shorter by lowering the firingduration or preattack delay or something like that.
-When the troll toggles to club and then back to punch, the club doesn't go away until it's just about to attack. When it has already toggled back and forth, and then toggles to club, the club doesn't appear, but the troll acts like he's holding it. Once it attacks, it looks fine.
-When the troll picks up rocks in club mode, it holds both at the same time, but only throws the rocks in punch mode. (notice I like the troll :) )
-I think the find rock button for the troll should be in the weapon set for simplicity.
-When the elf is on his own horse, the idle animation or model is really weird. It also goes to the animation immediatley after being deselected.
-Animations for heroes on boars, the horse for everyone, and wargs look messed up. They're the only ones I've bought so far.
-The animal gaurds don't always stay with their hero. They run off and attack units, and the dog didn't seem to want to follow my nazgul, even with no enemies around.
-The ranged weapons for the human, dwarf, nazgul, and orc remain in the ground after they have died. It looks bad, but it didn't lag for me.

Edited by |MeMw| Ecthelion, 12 July 2005 - 09:22 PM.

Anything later then now isn't soon enough.

#2 Grim

Grim

Mad Axe

• Project Team
  • 537 posts
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:T3A Moderator

Posted 18 July 2005 - 04:42 PM

- Power Description: Yes i know :cool: I was a bit lazy when i did those, and didn't want to redo all the buttons and everything. I will correct that when i get the time to.

-Beer barrel on dwarf: I don't know how to make passengers make their area effet powers work. Anyway, how could you drink vbeer when the barrel is on his back ? ^_^

-Destroyed Tent disables the plot: Thanks, i didn't notice this one. It's not the plot, it's the tent code, i don't remember what did that

-Human spear throw very slow: I noticed that too. I'll change that

-Troll weapons anims: I think i can correct some of those problems.

-Find rock button: Maybe, i don't know, i usually put special abilities buttons into abilities menu, i'll have a try

-Elf on horse unselected: Yes i know this problem, i tried everything i had in mind and it still don't work :(

-Mounts anims: The mounts are containers, not models of heroes + mount like eamer theoden gandalf... on horse, so they have on foot anims. For the level where they stand on the mount, i stilol have problemswith bones so it's sometimes weird.

-Companions guarding heroes: I'll have a look at it, but for the nazgul i don't know

-Ranged weapons remaining on floor: This is due to the bounce. I think i'll remove it to most of the weapons that don't really need it, and else, is it that annoying?
Posted Image

#3 |MeMw| Ecthelion

|MeMw| Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 07:34 PM

-The nazgul compainion was fine, the next time i went to play it it worked. If you decreased the distance the comapnions went to attack, like the rest of the units in the game, it would be better.
-The weapons in the ground aren't that annoying, but after a long battle it would probably lag majorly.
-Everything else: OK.

#4 Grim

Grim

Mad Axe

• Project Team
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:10 PM

Thanks again for the feedback, very much appreciated.

I'm working on fixing what you mentionned.

Concerning the companions, their vision range is in cause, i decreased it for the on ground companions.
Posted Image

#5 |MeMw| Ecthelion

|MeMw| Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

OK. Good. Since I guess you deleted those other posts, did you get the thing about the troll, human, and dwarf rnaged weapons not earning money? Just making sure because I use their ranged weapons a lot.

#6 Grim

Grim

Mad Axe

• Project Team
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:47 AM

Yes i got it, and had a look at it, it seems the problem comes from the projectile bounces. I f a bounce kills an ennemy, you don't earn money.

So i removed bounce from their projectiloes, exept for troll.
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:35 PM

I dont know if the mod was supposed to be this way but for some reason some of the mount icons, the elf hero icon, some armor and weapon icons, and when I get a new hero, they all are a light pinkish color. Also when I go to buy the elf hero that has the pink icon, the hero is invisible but I can still see the health bar over him.
I dont know if it is supposed to be this way or not.

#8 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:46 PM

it's not meant to be that way :p

make sure you installed it correctly.
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:51 PM

I put the .big file in the battle for middle earth game folder and added the
-mod herogrim.big and mod works but I still have that purplish pink problem,
I dont think I installed it right can someone tell me a step by step guide please.

#10 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:23 PM

Oh and here is the link to get the mod:

http://perso.wanadoo...ert/herogrim.7z

For those who don't have 7zip to extract it, you can get it here:

http://www.7-zip.org/

To install the mod, just put the herogrim.big file in your <system drive>:\Documents and Settings\<your session name>\Application Data\My Battle For Middle Earth Files\

And launch your game with the command " -mod herogrim.big"

Enjoy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:21 PM

that is what I did but it is still pink

#12 King of Universe

King of Universe

It is in our most dire needs, that we do our greatest deeds...

• Hosted
  • 878 posts
  • Projects:Hero Mod

Posted 27 November 2005 - 05:05 PM

Did you change anything in the big-file?

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

No, thats what I thought it was, so I even redownloaded the mod and put it back in and it worked but some of the icons and the heroes all come out purple, also when I go to mount a hero he turns invisible.
Maybe I didn't install it right, I read the installation by grim but I didn't really understand it; this is what I did: 1. I extracted the mod and put it in the battle for middle earth game directory 2. then I added the -mod herogrim.big to the target location in my bfme properties.

#14 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:33 PM

put it in the Application Data folder, the one where you put the maps, not the main game folder

#15 King of Universe

King of Universe

• Hosted
  • 878 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:23 PM

That folder may be hidden though.

Go to "C:\Documents and Settings\*YourUserName*"
Then Right-Click and select "Properties"
Inside the "Atributes" section near the bottom there is a box called "hidden"...you need to un-check that box for the folder to show up.

Edited by King of Universe, 28 November 2005 - 04:24 PM.

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

#16 Lord Of Gifts

Lord Of Gifts

I'm not corrupt, I'm morally flexible.

• Hosted
  • 889 posts
  • Projects:Battle for the Galaxy, EaWZone, Spy Mod
  •  Ph34r the blue text!
  • Division:EaWZone
  • Job:Webmaster and Modding Community Leader

Posted 28 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

Except you'll have problems doing it like that, as you would have to right-click on the hidden folder itself to unhide it, but you can't right click on what you can't see.

An easier way: Start -> Run then run %appdata% it will take you right there.

OR

Open windows explorer. Tools -> Folder Options -> Click on the View Tab -> Select 'Show hidden files and folders' and now it will show up if you go to %rootdrive%:\Documents and Settings\%username%

#17 King of Universe

King of Universe

• Hosted
  • 878 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:28 PM

Hehe, I just tested it at my comp. and wrote what I did :rolleyes:
And since mine allready were un-hidden, it worked for me :unsure:

Posted Image

Click me

#18 nolefan97

nolefan97
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:41 PM

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this, but I'm new to message boards.

I get an error: invalid sound, haldir voice attack...

How do I fix this?

Thanksjava script:emoticon(':grin:')
smilie

#19 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:08 PM

make sure you installed the mod in the correct directory, and used the correct shortcut

other than that, no idea, as I never had, or never heard of this bug

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:18 AM

How do i get mounts to pull the warcarts i cant figure it out. is that a bug or something you havent got around to yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users