#1 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  • Projects:Drinking coffee
  •  Floating about

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:58 AM

About time that I actually introduce myself in a standard manner. So who am I then, a 25 year old swede with a major interest in graphics and mod related work. I have been working with graphics for almost eleven years in one way or a other (5-6 years with mod related graphics).

How did I end up working with modifications then? Rather easy I accidently found a site with several tiberian sun modifications with some slight changes and some with quite extensive work done. I started searching for more information involving the process and to my suprise it was rather easy to create something (I am talking about minor changes btw).

Finished my first modification but it was far from a major accomplishment, it was named Darkfall and I am not sure if it is still available anywhere. Started a new project called TNW (The New World also for TS) after alot of planning and sketching I had a rather nice concept of ideas and full techtrees. By the time I started to create new art RA2 came out, I continued to work with TS environment but after seeing some of the major mods follow the path of RA2 I did the same thing.

I joined the forums at RA2mods.com and eclipse, started to discuss alot of crazy ideas that I had planned. I noticed alot of hostility and crude behavior from some of the "older" members and decided to keep my ideas to myself until they were in a more finished stage to avoid some of harsh comments. Found an ally and friend that is still called tmapm, I joined his forums after a while I also started to submit work to his site (the map makers). Some high guy at Eclipse (sorry the name is blurry) wanted me to join up with the team and create some graphics, mainly converted from HL I agreed and were now a member of Eclipse but it did not last long (reasons... actually my memory is not that good).

My mod plan changed during this time and so did the name (TNW-> Future Crisis). The mod moved from one place to the other and I grew tired of working on it, reason being that once one place was established something happened. Closing and opening of sites or just that I did not have enough time to work on it, that was the last thing that happened before the move to Freedomstudios were it still is.

During this time I joined up with the AR2 team and became the main, 3d artist creating buildings from concept art. This is the main source where I got even better understanding of the process of creating shp´s. I am still part of this team and it is still alive and well, undergoing a major overhaul atm.

I joined up with other projects and I am still a part of those teams, most of them is listed so I will not get into that here.

Now that is what I call a brief story about the past, there was alot more things happened during that time but I doubt you want to read several pages just with background information :p

Perhaps you want to know something about how I am as a person? Well I think that is the point of this thread so I better do that then.

Things I do not like:

People being mistreated, it being any reason. Wether you like a person or not there is always means to discuss things in a civil and mature manner, this is my oppinion.

Lazy people, I am not talking about people that want to relax some I am talking about people who take every moment they can and just slack making other people do their work.

There is plenty more things I do not like but keeping the number low and let you find out by yourself (hopefully not in the wrong way) is a better way imo.

Things I like:

My life, value it above anything else. Do not take that in a wrong way, I do not set myself on a high pedestal or anything. Certain things has happened in the past that changed my view about careless living.

Games, RTS and RPG is the prefered genres.

Coffee, a day without it is a bad day.

How I am as a person, well I will let my actions speak for themself and let people get their own opinion if I am a kind guy or just plain evil bastard.

You may ask anything personal but there are things I will distance myself from answering, some people in the community already know why I will do that. Don´t take it personal if I ignore a question it is just that I might not feel like talking or writing about it :)

Edit 1: More information added.

Edited by gamemate, 03 February 2006 - 10:33 PM.

If people were more constructive with their comments, then this place would be more enjoyable
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts
  • Projects:Tiberian Dusk: Evolution, RA2: Retaliation, YR: Shock Treatment

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:56 AM

Heh, seems like Future Crisis has been through much the same treatment TD:E's been through, with always changing forums and sites :p

Interesting readup of your past though, maybe other oldbies should do the same.. Then we wouldn't get all of these dumb questions, plus it makes it easier to find people.
Dethro - Time for the Electric Chair! (And I am as hollow as ever)
Posted Image

#3 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:19 AM

Who would you concider as an oldbie deth? :p

Very nice intro there Gamemate, it wasn't until the past 6 month when i started to know a bit more about you and what you are capable of. I have to say that you are quite possibly the best 3d graphics artist i've known around theses parts :) And you are very modist and down to earth about it :lol:

Hopefully in the future i'll get you know you a bit more :sad:
Posted Image

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

Hey, we should do an Oldbie Hall of Fame...

Still, it's nice to know a bit about Gamemate. All I knew you as before this was: "That Awesome 3D Modeller Guy", or possibly God if I think of your RS work :)

#5 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:25 PM

Still, it's nice to know a bit about Gamemate. All I knew you as before this was: "That Awesome 3D Modeller Guy", or possibly God if I think of your RS work :)

Same here.

Well nice to finally read into you more Gamemate. You sure are one of the finest modellers around. And very modest too. Thats nice.

Anyhow welcome to Revora. Stay of the grass, watch out for the Hybrid, it bites.

*Introduction topic joke* :huh:

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#6 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  •  Floating about

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

Dethro: True TD:E has been moved around quite alot, actually to the extent that is confusing just to think about it.

If I were to give all the information about where FC has been and how I felt about it most people would probably think that I should just have given up on it (trust me I have on several occations, but alot people have encouraged me to continue).

I agree more people should create an introduction, there is alot of staff members I just know by their work and not really how they started and how they are as a person.

Xeno: Thanks, kind words indeed :) Tbh honest there is a fair amount of people who are above my skill, I consider myself new to some parts where other people already have a good understanding about it. But that is not the point I never compare myself with anyone else, it is rather pointless anyway there is always someone better and there will always be (if you want to see impressive work then check cgtalk.com, that is what I call skill ;) ).

I am not hard to get to know, atleast that is what I have heard. On the other hand people think I drink to much coffee :huh:

Comrade Jerkov: Then this just proves that it is about time that I actually introduce myself then :)

Holly-gan: Thanks. Oh you forgot the part about not feeding the Hybrid :p

Edited by gamemate, 03 February 2006 - 01:09 PM.

If people were more constructive with their comments, then this place would be more enjoyable
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Dethro

Dethro

The Shadow In Your Soul.

• Hosted
  • 699 posts
  • Projects:Tiberian Dusk: Evolution, RA2: Retaliation, YR: Shock Treatment

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:57 AM

Hmmm, how about anyone who had an account and Dee's BEFORE the great forum wipe that took out so much data? ;)
Really, anyone who's been around and done a few things. Hell, even if you've just got a backstory it'd be good.

ROFL @ GM's above post :p
More people should do this though.
Dethro - Time for the Electric Chair! (And I am as hollow as ever)
Posted Image

#8 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts
  •  A guy who does a thing.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:18 AM

Nice introduction, didn't know much about your past - it's nice to know peoples modding history. ;)
As for oldbies, I've been around 4 and a half years and I don't consider myself at all close to being one. I'm not entirely sure who'd I'd class as oldbies in the community bar a select few of the more prevalent names.

Posted Image Posted Image

Love Me.

#9 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:49 AM

Hi... Kinda seems odd saying hi since I now feel like I already know you, so good job with the intro, I think it everyone should do it... And with that in mind, and with little to say, I may as well introduce myself here & now...
I'm Jeeves... Actually I'm Chris, but after being called Jeeves at a party, the names stuck, and I quite like it anyhow. Uh... I also live off coffee, and mod, though not too well. I put this down to the fact I'm new, so ambitious I find my mod Landship frightfully daunting, and learning as I go along from all you great guys.
I found Revora from D-Day, and after many weeks I rather got interested in the idea of doing a mod myself, so joined and requested hosting for Landship. Since then, I've learned most I know about modding, and made a few friends.
Before I even heard or RA2, a friend introduced me to 3D and I loved it, but after she gifted me with proper software (Maya 6.5 unlimited), my comp just doesn't have the RAM (10-version of maya=seconds it will remain open for ;) ). More about me personally, I think I'm a total bastard, but others deny it. I'm somewhere between the ages of 16 & 34, been through hell in that short time. Since my girlfriend died not long ago, I've become rather bitter, cynical and pessimistic. Modding has become a way for me to distract myself, but I'll never stop thinking of her or stop blaming myself for what happened.
I'm also freakishly clever, but austisic, so usually see the flip side of the coin (sometimes a good thing, sometimes bad. Bad when an actual coin toss in involved). My best trait is possibly how comfortable I am with myself. There are lots of bad things I could say about myself, but nothing I'd be unwilling to admit to, and little I'd change for someone other than myself. And with that, I'll stop rambling.
I'm always interested in meeting new friends, so feel free to add me on msn or email me, both at chrisjeevescohen@gmail.com
Thank you for your time.

Edited by Jeeves, 04 February 2006 - 02:59 PM.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#10 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  •  Floating about

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:01 AM

You sure sound like a great guy to know and from what I have seen we can expect several new and interesting things from you ;)

To bad about Maya not working, you could try joining the dark side and test 3dsm it worked on my first computer (low end is a major understatment).

And better late than never, welcome :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:59 AM

Late introduction indeed but nice still, besides I do have the darkfall mod you did gamemate :p

hmmm... maybe I should do my own history kind of someday if people are interested ;)
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#12 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  •  Floating about

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:22 AM

Nice to read, any chance you could send it. I have been looking for it, I want fix and update some things ;)

Write it here then, sounds like a good place to keep it anyway and I am really interested in reading it :p

Edited by gamemate, 03 February 2006 - 08:34 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:30 AM

Nice to read these introductions here ;). I already wondered about you gamemate lol. I agree with Xeno, you've done some really good work.

And Apollo yes post yours :p.

#14 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

Hey! Before you post it, I'll rename this thread to Oldbie Hall of Fame. Then everyone can post theirs. I think this can include both modding oldbies and member oldbies. Re-introducing oneself is fun ;)

Any objections to this?

#15 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  •  Floating about

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:25 AM

Go for it, no objections from my part ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

Done.

Now, all oldbies feel free to post a nice intro here.

#17 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:26 PM

Well i wouldn't exactly call myself as an oldbie but i have been around since just before the Guild/Origin merger. And since im currently a staff member im going to go ahead and post anyway ;)

Well i joined The Guild about 1 1/2 years ago since i had just recently bought RA2 and was very curious as to find out more about Modding the game ;) With some minor success, i started a thread called "The trials and tribulations of Xeno" in order to broadcast any success i have. This is also where i first released a very basic version of Xenophobia (before a total overhaul).
The thing i remember the most is the fact that AG used to always keep giving me a hard time and using his usual comments and sarcastic remarks. The one and only really helpful person i managed to briefly befriend was Arg. He helped me where he could and he was the person who eventually agreed to host me here at Revora. Which i am forever greatful for :sad:

As of that day you have never gotten rid of me :sad:

Shortly after i was hosted, i got diagnosed with cancer and as a result i though that my modding days where numbered. So i announce my departure and the reasons for it, and i got an overwhelming responce from alot of the members here at revora. At that point i made alot of good friends.
Throughout my treatment i kept comming back to Revora, since it was really the only thing that kept me sane over the year.

In the mean-time i applied for Senator and won a place both times, which really boosted my confidence and proved to me that i HAVE made a good impression on people :p
Once the senate was dispanded i was eventually promoted to Staff and here i am now...

Over the past year and a half i have tried my hand at alot of the different areas of modding but i have mostly been concentrating in the Graphical side, since that is the most interesting bit for me. With some minor successes here and there i have grown alot with the help of others around the forum and, once i finally started at some of the courses, i will go onto doing more Web based graphical work as a job.

So there you go, boring old me :p
Posted Image

#18 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:53 PM

Welcome gamemate and Xeno ;)

Hmm, maybe I will post also mine soon :p

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#19 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

Well, I duno if im an "oldbie" but ive been around the community for quite a while now, and I think a lot of the (older) members know me.

Well Im Gijs van Veen, AKA Daedalus, currently 18 years old and this is my modding biography ^^

It started in the spring/summer of 2002. I found out about modding RA2, my favorite game at that time, and I downloaded all the stuff (and I had dial up at the time so i didnt use internet very much. Anyway, I started playing with the rules and after that I introducted a friend of mine (who you all know as ComradeJ) to the modding as well.

After that we decided to make our own mod, in which we where gonna add a new side (not knowing much about the RA2 limitations yet). This Mod would later become CnC Revolution (not the one hosted here at Revora)

In March 2003 I joined DeeZire.net, a site which I had been monitoring for a while. I made quite some friends there and got myself rather well known (im still 9th biggest poster there, though I havent posted in a year)

CnC Rev was making progress of some sort, though it never actually became a full mod, and when Generals was released CJ left and i was doin it on my own.

In February 2004 I joined the Guild, though I never actually joined Origin, so the merge was kinda different to me, only being used to the Guild.

Anyway, in 2004 a lot of things happened for me. after the Guild registration I met quite some new people and I also started learning shp buildings. I became Editing Source staff to help Fenring sort things out and I registered an own free forum for my Mod. By September the forum wouls be closed however as I got hosted at the new site Freedomstudios (you know, the one yer not visiting ;)) where i became a global moderator. Rev got some more attention and I also got second place at the first SHP competition for my civil powerplant.

2005 was, however, a darker year for me modding wise. After I had gotten my new Pc I couldnt get myself into doing anything anymore, so by spring I had officially cancelled Revolution. I also became admin at FS, and I visited Revora less and less.

But when a guy we all know as Gamemate suddenly showed up at FS i kninda got the interest in a project again. I securely followed the Future Crisis project staff boards and it got my interest. So when Gamemate disapeared for a while Apollo and I decided we would finish FC. When GM returned I became lead coder, motivating me to mod.

Aside from this I also started visiting Revora again (though I didnt care to look at DeeZire.net anyore) and I recently even reached my first 1000 post.

oh and Im also preparing something for y'all, though only a few people know what I actuall mean.

Well thats my "carrier"

#20 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:16 PM

Well welcome, i dont really think im a oldbie after reading some of those i feel a bit un-needed lol , maybe il post about my un-evenful or non-sonstructive history of revora/guild another time ;)
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users